Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Side notes on "The Price of Security" (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Side notes on "The Price of Security"
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Dammit Cobie, half the fun of the Return of Dev-Em thread was me trying to bring back Spacey so I could turn her evil again and seeing how you managed to prevent her from being brought back. [Wink] Actually that's quite a good example of the way I think LMBP continuity should work. There are story threads that we've established but because so many of the stories are free-flowing it's easy enough for us to alter things in big ways to suit our own needs or desires without actually causing anyone any headaches.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Exactly [Wink] . And I was starting to run out ideas too in the Dev-Em story [Wink] . The best of them was the sudden return of the LMBP Spectre (much like the Lyta is really Dove scene in JSA), but after that, I was grasping [Wink] .

That is the best part of the story threads, the way we flow off each other's ideas and then fix things to suit our needs while still working with each other's ideas.

I'd recommend someone checking out "the Return of Dev-Em" for that reason right there: Bevis brought back Space Tart, she stuck around for a bit, and then I suddenly revealed that it wasn't Space Tart, but the LMBP Spectre (Foodmaker/Donna Troy/Spectre if you recall). This led to even better reasoning for the main villian of the story to be so crafty and hard to detect!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree 100% with Lucien and Cobalt's reasoning. And while the Onevisions tell the most coherent narratives, many of the best ideas have come out of those tagteam threads.

Really, as an example, it was in those threads that I began to develop an idea of who Lardy is. I learned what his powers are as I wrote him into the story. His personality really grew in such a way that he really became a separate entity from me in my mind. Certainly, the things that he does are often 180 degrees from how I am. When Lard Lad wants something, he goes after it; me, I think everything through ad nauseum. And the more I wrote about him, the more it became clear that he was heading for a fall. And it was my mission to tell the story of how that happened. Those threads helped give Lardy a life of his own.

And all that has its roots in the tagteam threads. Not just 5YL, but every one my character has been involved with. What's more, he took on such a life that everyone else who wrote about him in a tagteam post or a Onevision was able to write him consistently with what I had written. I'm very proud to see that Lardy has had that kind of impact with all these other talented writers.

Once again, it all starts with those tagteam theads. I mean, most of the damn things don't even have an ending, but I haven't seen a one that doesn't have some good ideas in it that have enriched the tapestry as a whole. There's always something that enters the "canon" and is referred to again. Random and curvey, they most certainly are, but the creative energies therein always produce some gems.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Lardy, that sums up the tag threads as best as they can be! Without them, we would never have started to gain a notion of many of the ideas that have become prevalent in the LMB! That's where the ideas happen, and out of every ten silly ones, there's always one great one (and with fifteen a page, that's a lot [Smile] )!

And Bevis, I am loving the story so far! Very interesting: we get Lucien Lad and the Time Mouse Trapper at the end of time, giving hints as to the true nature of Lucien Lad. And then in an amazingly written sequence of science fiction (that is also hysterically funny), you had me believing that we were about to see the beginning origin of Lucien Lad, and then through in a twist with the mouse. I'm hooked [Smile] .

And in the future guys--I'll probably reserve my comments and praise on all the Onevisions (and there are a bunch now, yay!) in "Critic's Corner", the thread highlighted at the top of the Bits forum. 4 Onevisions all running is great! More!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.