Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Superboy & the Legion of Superheroes! A fanfic! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Superboy & the Legion of Superheroes! A fanfic!
LanternLad LanternLad has just turned 43
Writer & artist for www.DC2universe.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LanternLad   Author's Homepage   Email LanternLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Let me know what you think of the whole project CK!

--------------------
Lantern Lad
In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night... Long Live the Legion
Check out my other writings at: www.DC2universe.com

From: OA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! Great stuff LL! I started reading it, and I couldn't stop until the end! I gotta say, even though you don't like the Smallville show much, I couldn't stop myself from picturing those actors in the parts portrayed.

Nice work! How about submitting this to the WB? [Smile]

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LanternLad   Author's Homepage   Email LanternLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Nimbus:
Wow! Great stuff LL! I started reading it, and I couldn't stop until the end! I gotta say, even though you don't like the Smallville show much, I couldn't stop myself from picturing those actors in the parts portrayed.

Nice work! How about submitting this to the WB? [Smile]

If I knew how I would in a heartbeat... it's actually what I originally imagined it for. I loved the first couple of seasons of Smallville... and I thought it would work within that context.

--------------------
Lantern Lad

From: OA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Hey guys! Thanks for all the kind words... Here is the completed cover...

And if anyone does know how to get this into the hands of the WB or DC... let me know!

--------------------
Lantern Lad

I will have more costume designs from this story up soon... The Legion of Super Villains!

[ December 02, 2005, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: LanternLad ]

--------------------
Lantern Lad

As a result of events in this storyline in the DC2 continuity, Chloe Sullivan's life took a interesting turn. Here's a couple of 'who's who' style entries from DC2:

Chloe Sullivan
 -

Height: 5’2”
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
First DC2 Appearance: Superboy & the Legion of Superheroes!

Chloe Sullivan grew up in the town of Smallville, Kansas. When she was a toddler, Smallville was hit by a meteor shower that nearly leveled the town. Luckily she and her parents were able to escape relatively unscathed.

Her first day of kindergarten Chloe met the friends she would carry throughout her life, Lana Lang, Pete Ross and the strange, but quiet, Clark Kent. She immediately considered Pete her ‘boyfriend’, and watched through the years as Lana tried, unsuccessfully, to wrangle Clark into the position of ‘boyfriend’.

Chloe developed a not-so-secret obsession with Smallville and it’s strange populace. The meteor rocks that littered the countryside, though mostly collected by an unknown government agency, remained scattered throughout the town. Lakebeds, rivers, corn fields… everywhere you went in Smallville, if you looked hard enough, you’d find the small glowing rocks.

The rocks (see Kryptonite) began to mutate livestock & people. Frequently the newspaper would report strange lights in the sky, oddly mutated cattle or unexplained phenomenon. Chloe also started watching the X-Files which just furthered her desire to find ‘the truth’. She began carrying a camera everywhere she went & writing her own ‘articles’. Upon entering high school she joined the staff of Smallville High’s newspaper, ‘The Torch’, and quickly advanced in the ranks, achieving editor & chief by her Junior year. She hoped to one day join a prestigious newspaper & expose the weirdness of the world.

That changed on the first day of school her senior year.

Three odd teenagers (see the Legion of Superheroes) appeared in school interested in Clark Kent. Chloe thought nothing of it until later on that night when three adults in strange costumes attacked downtown Smallville with Clark’s parents captive. Panic ensued until the three teenagers, also now oddly dressed, and Clark arrived on the scene and saved the day. The female in the group erased the memories of everyone in the town, replacing memories of the event with memories of a tornado. She did not, however, erase the film in Chloe’s camera.

Chloe had discovered the first meta-human since the 1940’s, Clark Kent. She kept his secret to herself, and upon graduation, decided that there was a different calling for her. She left Smallville behind, to attend the University of Metropolis, and upon graduation, was accepted into the FBI.

FBI agent Chloe Sullivan was assigned to the ‘Special Investigations Unit’, the real world equivalent to the X-Files, and was content to remain there, until she was approached by King Faraday.

Director King Faraday was looking for new recruits for an agency known as the DEO (Department of Extranormal Operations), and Chloe was exactly what he had in mind. Someone who thought out of the box, not afraid to believe in the paranormal and was not afraid to get her hands dirty. He immediately recruited her and she became his right hand in the field.

Chloe also brings a more human edge to the DEO & King’s clinical way of thinking, often taking personal interest in cases. Chloe still keeps in close contact with Pete & Lana Ross, but stays clear of Clark Kent for fear of exposing his dual identity as Superman. Most recently, Chloe and King were called to investigate the crash of a UFO in Death Valley, California.

And... this is the entry for her boss...

King Faraday
 -

Height: 5’11"
Hair: White, with black stripe
Eyes: Brown
First DC2 Appearance: Tales of the Green Lantern Corps #3

Very little is known about King Faraday prior to his appointment as director of the D.E.O. (Department of Extranormal Affairs) by President Maxwell Lord.

King was born in Chicago Illinois in the early 1940’s as war raged across Europe. His father, Saul, who had a sense of humor unparalleled by anyone, named him King (as in King for a day), something that King would try to live down his entire life. Saul Faraday volunteered for the military as America entered World War 2, and died on the beach in Normandy.

Following in his fathers footsteps, King volunteered for the Air Force during the Korean War, where he earned multiple medals including a purple heart as well as a medal of valor.<

{CLASSIFIED}

>King Faraday is currently Director of the D.E.O., investigating the apparent crash of an unidentified flying object in Death Valley, California with his field partner, Agent Chloe Sullivan.

Let me know if you like what you've read!

[ December 02, 2005, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: LanternLad ]

--------------------
Lantern Lad

Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Scott, what a pleasure it was re-reading this!

You can come up with great twists on old stories

You write clear, concise and clever prose

You almost casually throw in excellent cliffhangers

You litter your stories with superbly realised characters which shine through in humourous and entertaining passages

AND you can draw!

Not that I'm jealous or anything, but.. I'm jealous! [Smile]

More, more, more!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.