Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Legion 35C (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Legion 35C
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
I hope I'll be coming later tonight as well. [Razz]

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
[Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud]

This is a serious thread so take your flirty ways to one of MLLASH's posts.

[Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
Sentient, I congradulate you.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Mega couldn't believe the nerve of Kord Das sometimes!

Without even approaching or even acknowledging the Adjudicators he walked to her and Commander Cruiser in the Witness Stand and said loud enough for three quarters of the court to hear:

"Take Sister Paragon and get going to the H'tridki Hive Worlds, there's a Green Lantern called Dellaboma on her way there now but she'll need help."

He turned before they could reply and addressed the court:

"We understand the court may need to re-call the Commander as a witness before you reach your final verdict but he is needed elsewhere, but if
the court wishes both the Kenroshi Avatar and I shall stand as bond in their absence."

After a deathly silent of perhaps five seconds the Adjudicator from Xanthu, shaking her head, said "Das, you are the most outrageous Seer in Naltor's long history and were it not for your Planet's and family's long history of honour I would find a way to have you on trial for the spectacular cheek of that request. If your team are not back within twentyfour hours we shall not be pleased." and looking at the nodding Coluan on the podium with her she said "I mean it Das, within twenty four hours."

It wasn't Das's nerve at standing up to this Interstellar Court that shocked Mega so much as his outrageous nerve to expect that she and the Commasnder would work beside the Amazonian back stabber, Sister Paragon.

For the first time in her life Mega wasn't looking forward to a mission.

And by the look on both the Commander's and Sister Paragon's faces neither were they!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Please accept my humblest apologies for adding flirty comments to a serious thread. Glad you appreciated the humour though.
But when you feed a line like that........

Really enjoying the read. It's a bit like Shakespeare - really well written but half the time I don't know what the f*cks going on.

Thanks for the reminder recently about what was happening 'cos I'd lost track. Reads more like a novella than a comic book, which is great to see.

Looking forward to the rest..

Billy sends hugs

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Numf El:
Please accept my humblest apologies for adding flirty comments to a serious thread. Glad you appreciated the humour though.
But when you feed a line like that........

well, since you said please I suppose I'll let you off this time.

This time.

Hugs back to the ever beautiful Billy

--------------------

Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

quote:
And despite all she had undergone, all she had fought for still all she could hear was her older brother's taunt from nearly twenty years ago: "Oh get on with it!"

--------------------
Hic!

Harbinger
Advisor

do you know, I might leave this for a few days now....

[Laugh Out Loud]

nah, more is coming, if you're that keen check out this thread in an hour, okay?

<ohmigawd! after thinking no-one except Sonnie had really read this thread I have a fan champing at the bit to read more!!!SHIT!! What do I do now? Suppose I'd better write something quick!>

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

If the Eyespys and Telltales outside didn't have enough to speculate about after the daxamite Commander Cruiser flew out of the heavily guarded building quickly followed by the Imskian known as Mega and the Amazonian Sister Paragon in the Naltori Seer Kord Das's Shuttle, the arrival of five green Lanterns and an Oan an hour later set the Media hyped public interest sky rocketting.

The Earth Police Force were stretched to cope with the crowds that were gathering in the normally sleepy city of Greentown. The Sol defence League soon made an official appearance, their leader Rocket Joe clearly flying around the Central City Spire with his consort the Lady Reptilla. Still the crowds clamoured for news on the court martial of the Martian Hero Dak Sacchev. The Sol Defence League's antics were secondary to the outcome of what the Media as dubbing "The Galaxy's Greatest Trial".

As the speculation grew the City Fathers asked for a Calm Cloud to be released over the Central Park area of the city hoping that it would be enough to quell the rising hysteria and deter more from joining the already dangerously overcrowded mass. Between the release of this mood altering chemical and the news an hour and a half later that Commander Cruiser's team had arrived in H'tridki Space and were helping evacuate the Hive Worlds against the small fleet of Grand Invaders, the threatening atmosphere of the morning slowly dissapated.

So long as there were no more shocks the City Father's knew that the worse was over.

They couldn't have known that it would be that afternoon when Dak Sacchev would awaken from his coma and within an hour be demanding the right to tell his side of the story of what happened in Dreahhgart Space.

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Mega and Sister Paragon made a surprising discovery. Despite the fact that they really disliked each other on a personal level they worked tremendously as a team.

Megas ability to increase her size and mass proportionally at will stood her in good stead on the Hive World as most of the inhabitants were larger than Sister Paragon and as such thiught of her as a humanoid youngster. It wasn't until she single handedly tore down a large central dividing wall in the Southern Hall of Windows to allow more of the escaping population to get at the escape bubbles that the Green Lantern was creating that any of the indigenous insectoids paid the Amazon any heed.

Both Mega and Sister Paragon were trained in crowd control so the evacuation of one of the southern Hive Islands went surprisingly well. Commander Cruiser, with more feeling than he had meant to show, had said he would deal with the attacking force while they helped the population. Mega could hear the occasional curse come through the Telepathways from him but she had her own hands full so couldn't spare him any of her concentration to check how he was coping. Sister Paragons spear, which Mega thought was rather ostentatious with it's bronzed eagle at it's point, could project large electric bursts which Sister Paragon had a limited control over. The local sentients soon learned to follow the arrows of lightning to safety.

With the aid of the Hive Warriors they had effectively saved over twelve million of the population and it was at this point that the Grand Invader detonated a Photonic Device in the heart of the once busy Hive. Mega was burned badly down her left hand side as she twisted to give maximum protection to the beings massed around her. Sister Paragond enchanted Amazonium bracelets absorbed a large degree of the radiation that would otherwise of certainly killed her and the thousand or so of the Hive Drones with her at that moment.

"FRECK!" Commander Cruiser's telepathic curse was followed by a visual image of a single needle ship getting past him.

"Do you ladie's need help?"

With no reply coming from Mega both the Daxamite and the Amazon discovered a common bond as they both rushed to her aid.

[ September 18, 2003, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Mega awoke in agony!

Her whole body was screaming agony. even her HAIR hurt! There was a Plasmask over her face limiting her sight but she had been in a Genetherapy Tank before so knew that she must have sustained serious damage. She closed her eyes and allowed herself to ride out the waves of pain.

Hor Elli, one of the Fleet Commanders of the Daxam System Militia was at that moment in deep space trying to get the Green Lantern, who had been perfectly reasonable while they had helped him save the Hive World below, to understand that Mega HAD to be returned to a UP, or even AP, planet with a decent Medical facilitiy within an hour or she would be lost to them. Hor Elli, when enraged, could be most convincing. The Green Lantern agreed to transport the three Legionaires, and the H'tridki honour Guard that the Southern Island's Queen insisted they take as a mark of the Hive's utmost respect and thanks, back to Earth.

Cruiser wished for about the hundredth time that hour that their shuttle hadn't been destroyed by the Invaders. With his luck, he smiled to himself as he thought, that will have been Kord Das's pet shuttle.

Sister Paragon was helping with the clean up on the Planetary surface. Her Amazonian strength and speed were being sorely tested. She knew that they had just been part of a group that had saved this complex world from probable extermination, she knew that they should all give praise to Hera for the millions of survivors who would be alive to face tomorrow, but her chest seemed to be filled with a tight uncomfortable feeling. There was no getting away from the awareness that her time with the Legion was coming to an end. Again she wondered if Das had foreseen all of these small details and it was somehow within the acceptable parameters of his Grand Unifying Vision, or if he was, like an increasing number of beings seemed to think, a power greedy hoax.

Hera, help me! Where do I go from here?

She could hear the Earth Gov officials words to her when she had been told that she had been chosen to represent the Sol System in the newly reformed Legion: "Don't blow this Sister, we have a lot to gain from having a high profile Interstellar success story"

She had stuck close to Das after that, seeing him as the centre of power within the organisation. She was sure that until the damnable court case she was highly regarded within the group. Why didn't she lie when she was asked for her opinion of Sacchev? Why didn't she simply say he was a Legendary warrrior and as such had her respect? I was the truth, but then so was the "loose cannon" comment that had split her team mates off from her.

Damn it,she thought, the Furies take the bloody lot of them!

[ September 19, 2003, 03:49 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Glorion's excitement at riding in a Technocrats space vehicle soon disappeared as the simple logistics of fitting the Princess, the three Triple Wolfs - who Glorion had heard could somehow occupy the same space though they seemed reluctant to do this- and the twenty four warriors picked by the elders of the Talokean tribesfolk to follow and protect the returned Shadow Champion. At least the Eclipsed Spirit had the sense to fade into the background, quite literally, and not trouble anyone for the whole journey.

"Holy Mu's Great Green Toes! I'm going to EARTH!!"

Glorion when you get excited your belly rumbles and it's keeping me awake

"Scarab, wake up, we're on a Technocrat Space Ship going to Earth! How can you not be excited?"

Glorion watched as the Tribesfolk tried to explain the ancient game of Auchtermuchty to T-Wolf White. He was polite enough to nod and try to look like he understood what was going on around him but was quite obviously clueless, to the Tribesfolks ammusement.

T-Wolf Blue was on the Control Level monitoring their journey as Glorion looked in. Glorion had liked the quiet Wolf from the moment he had handed him his Green Dragon Stone to him on Talok and said in that clearly dry manner "I believe you may have dropped this". Glorion hadn't bothered to explain that the Technocrat had one of the most powerful Charms from the Heliotrope City vaults in his hands, able to summon and control Space Dragons to use them for inter-planetary travel. Best not confuse the poor man, Glorion thought. And when Blue had offered him a place on their shuttle to Earth Glorion could have hugged the man. EARTH! The True Home of the Gorilla Species! Glorion would not have been stopped by a herd of Manticori.

"Timber Wolf Blue, if this one may join you, this one would be most honoured if you might explain some of the wonderous artefacts around us"

Without looking, though Glorion notices a slight smile appear on his tattooed face, he replied "Of course Glorion, please feel free to join me. It's getting noisy out there isn't it?"

After that Glorion found the four hour flight to be both fascinating and terrifying as T-Wolf Blue patiently explained the concept of the Hi-Tec Ship around them, all the while clutching his scarab of Rememberance. The Many Headed Choir would have many many hours debate over this!

[ September 19, 2003, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

I should finish this by tomorrow evening so today is your last chance to tell what you think so far, c'mon, don't be shy!

Are you following this okay? can you guess where I'm leading this? Are the characters clear enough? All feedback appreciated here folks.

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Officer Dellar M'tri of the Northern European Transport Police, Lane Transgression Department, was not renowned for his grasp in politics or current affairs.

When the Daxam Dreadnought de-cloaked on the upper edge of the Earth's atmosphere above the city of Greentown, the New City that was built on the outskirts of the Londonium Metropolis on the site of the former city of Falkirk, the first thought that Officer M'tri had was "that'll be a bloody big fine at least, have they never heard of permits?"

As the alarm took almost three seconds to awaken every sentient in the base Officer D'Mtri had actually started to calculate the potential levy that could be charged at the ships Captain for such a flagrant breach of the Atmospheric Disturbance Laws of 3980. He quickly forgot about the cash as it dawned on him that the vessel above what was currently the most famous Earth City was probably not there by accident.

S'trtrtr of the Twenty Fathom Pool looked out through her crystal ball and wished for the hundredth time that day that Glorion Grundy had not been sent on the Talok Recovery Mission. Glorion was one of the Many Headed Choirs better debators and his quick mind and charming personality were almost guaranteed to get him into trouble, she knew it!

Of course she was also aware that he had a living Scarab inside his belly that had a particular skill for hiding from anything it did not want to see it. A remarkable talent that it gave freely to Glorion in exchange for using him as it's host. It often made it very difficult to keep a track of his movements as a result and it would not be the first time that a Higher Voice had asked why they allowed the Scarab the choice. Certainly the symbiotic relationship had raised a few eyebrows in Heliotrope City, it sounded like a Xeroxan fashion statement S'trtrtr thought, but then it was not her place to comment on her fellow tutors. That would be bad form.

It would not be bad though for her to inform the Bursar and even the Principal Higher Voice's secretary that Glorion's "quick off world reconnicance trip" had developed an unexpected twist as he was at present approaching Earth, and would most probably be heading to the current Reality Nexus Point prophesised in the New City of Greentown.

Typical Glorion, she thought, he gets all the fun!

Strong Man, Red Fox, Sparkzzz and Kid Mental were fed up with the lack of respect the public had showed them over the last few days. As part of the Sol Defence League they deserved their share of the spotlight surely. Especially as they were still in the Sol System! It would be understandable if, Sparkzzz argued, they were on a covert mission in the Horse Head Nebulae...

They would somehow blag their way into the Courtroom, or at least get close enough to been seen by the Eyespys and Telltales that lined up around the Court's pink granite walls. They knew that Rocket Joe wouldn't mind if they left their post on the New Mons Olympus Defence Leagues Army barracks to get their share of attention. Well he probably would complain but what would he do? It's not as if he had the authority to sack any of them anyway, not without the Corporate Sponsors say so anyway. They had access to the Mighty Kwais Threshhold on Mon Olympus, and in less time that it took for them to decide to leave, they arrived on Earth.

[ September 20, 2003, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Thane Refrocran of the Wandering Stars was worried, strands of his long sienna hair fell over his eyes and he absently mindedly flicked it out of his face as he addressed the excited crowd around him.

No matter what he said they wouldn't listen. The survivors of the Vegan System had come so close to extinction that if the Princess had arrioved in the 35th Century only six months later there would have been noone alive to sing the traditional battle hymns for her. And the people were terrified that in allowing her to follow this madman Kord Das's suicidal dream of reuniting the Galaxy they would lose her.

Thane Refrocran flicked the strand of hair out of his eyes again as he started over trying to explain to the worried crowd around him that there was nothing he could do until thePrincess returned.

He knew as soon as he suggested going to Kord Das to demand that their living goddess be returned to them was the answer as the crowd took it up and started chanting his name.

Yes, it was a good idea indeed!

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.