Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Stay With Me (another non Legion fic) (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Stay With Me (another non Legion fic)
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Kaysie nervously sat on the bed. What would Robert say? Did he know she was on to him?

She had suspected from the beginning. There were little telltale clues all along. Little things that would not prove anything. But more than that, it was a gut feeling she had. So she pushed him. Was that a mistake? Had she gone too far? She pushed him into going "undercoving", revisiting the scene of the crime, so to speak.

And after everything that Morgan and Ryan had found out about Todd McAllister, everything fell into place. And now, she was sitting alone in a room with a likely serial killer...

"So are you ready for your next assignment?" Kaysie asked, hoping that she wouldn't sound as nervous as she was.

"Assignment? Surely you are kidding."

"Uh no! We still haven't gotten anywhere yet."

"Cut the crap, Kaysie," he said he name slowly and heavily accented both syllables. The sounds of a crazy man. That's when she noticed, really noticed his appearance. Robert's hair was disheveled, his clothes rumpled. Not at all the dapper Robert Maxwell she was used to.

"What do you mean?"

"The game's over, Miss DuPris. We both know that you know the truth."

"What truth is that?"

"My brother's murderer will never be caught," Robert exclaimed.

"OF course he will," Kaysie shifted gears. "I have to believe that we can catch this person."

"No, it's hopeless." RObert said sadly. "No one can do it. No one can stop him."

"How do you know?"

"I just do. Now if you'll excuse me, Miss DuPris, I think I want to be alone."

"O-of course," she said, relieved. "Please call me if you need anything."

"I don't think you'll be hearing from me any further." He opened the door to let Kaysie out. "I really hope you are right and they catch this bastard."

Kaysie nodded as she hurried out the door.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Run Kaysie, run!

[Smile] I love your work Matt

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Robert looked in the mirror, as his own visage was replaced once again.

"You let her go? You idiot. She knows!"

"She doesn't know anything. Leave her alone."

"Awwww, do you have a sweet tooth for the pretty thing? Forget it. You killed me and you killed Todd, not to mention all the others. You have to go after her. I'm taking over now and I say KILL THE FUCKING BITCH!"

"No, I won't do it."

"Not even for me, big brother. Don't you owe it to me?"

"I-I, okay. I'll do it." Robert slammed the door behind his hotel room.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh. My. Gosh.

I can hardly wait!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Matt you have to get cracking on this as the an....ti.... ci.....................pation is killing me!

More soon please....

Kx

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Kaycie hurried out of the hotel so fast that she didn't realize that she left her car keys inside Robert's room. Should she go back and get them?
As she raced down the stairway, she could hear Robert's voice.

"Wait up!" She wondered if she should.

No, something was very strange about Robert now. Kaysie had a feeling that if she went back in there now, she wouldn't get out alive.

But where would she go? She called Morgan on her cell phone while still ducking through shadowy alleys and buildings.

"Morgan? It's me, Kaysie. Pick up the phone!"

For a long time there was no answer, the Morgan picked up. "Kaysie, where are you?"

"Listen, I think I'm in trouble. Robert is acting very strangely. I went to visit him, but I think he's sorry he let me go. I think he's coming after me!"

"Oh my God. Get the fuck out of there! Get in your car and GO!"

"I can't, I was in such a hurry that I left my goddam keys in his room." she whispered as she continued her trek. It was growing darker outside now. The shadows were looming and Kaysie was entering into a part of town she didn't know well.

"Oh shit! Is he following you?"

"I don't know. He very well might be."

"Listen, I'm coming to get you. What street are you on?"

"I'm not sure, somewhere east of the cathedral."

Kaysie looked up, at the other end of the alley she could see the silhouette of a man. He was coming closer. "Oh fuck," she cried, as she began to run.

"Kaysie, Kaysie... what's going on????"

Kaysie knew she would have to turn the phone off if she was going to find a hiding place. She prayed that Morgan would find her before Robert did...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
I like Kaysie Matt, please don't kill her.

Unless the story demands it of course [lol]

As usual you keep me coming back for more more more.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Kill Kaysie? She's the star of the story. I wouldn't kill her off, would I?

Hehehehehehehehehehehe.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Sonnie
mere mortal

Oh just kill her Matt, so long as you continue with the story I don't mind (toooo much!), whatever you do please don't keep us waiting too long....
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Don't you dare kill her Matt! Don't listen to him, he's a very bad man you know!!

[lol] [lol]

--------------------

Mattropolis

Kaysie searched the darkened streets for a good spot to hide. She was certain the Robert had not yet seen her. She could see his movements, slow and deliberate, several yards away as she crouched in the shadows behind several garbage cans.

She began to condition her breathing so that by the time Robert approached he would not be able to hear her. She almost entered a meditative like state. If she made the slightest sound, she might give herself away and the hunt would be over.

She watched as Robert walked past the garbage cans and stifled the urge to gasp as he looked over in her direction. A painful moment of silence followed.

He started to walk over to her direction when a noise further down the alley distracted him. He rushed toward it. Kaysie knew that this spot was no longer safe, though. After he was far enough away, she quickly, but quietly began to move from behind the cans.

Unfortunately, her heel caught itself on a garbage can lid. As she extricated herself from the can, the noise may as well have been a nuclear explosion. She ran back the way Robert had come. She looked around, surveying the surroundings. She had no choice she though, but to go up.

She began to climb up the fire escape and was on the third floor. By this time, Robert had returned and was on the ground. Still moving slowly, he began to climb the fire escape after her...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Harbinger
Advisor

You are mean leaving us a cliffhanger like this, I would never treat my fans in such a disrespectful and cheap manner [lol]

Loving it Matt, keep it up!

Bxx

--------------------

Sonnie
mere mortal

Matt, stop it! Just write it out now already, my poor heart can't take these cliff hanger endings....

[Smile]

Mattropolis

One big twist is still to come...

[ January 17, 2004, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Danny Blaine ]

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Mattropolis

The Harbour was full as Marcus surveyed the scene. HE had been afraid that all the killings would keep people away, but the opposite seemed to be happening. Safety in numbers and all that jazz...

Maybe everything would be all right after all.
He had told the bar manager that he would be leaving the bar as soon as he enrolled in school. He would find something during the day. It was time to try the 9 to 5 thing...

Morgan raced to the cathedral but there was no sign of Kaysie anywhere. He decided that he might have more luck on foot. He parked his car and began his search. But where to start?

Kaysie was in trouble and she knew it. Robert was hot on her tail and she had nowhere to go but up. Robert shook the fire escape hard, causing Kaysie to lose her balance. She made it to the platform. This gave Robert time to make up ground. He was only a few feet behind her now. Kaysie knew she had a choice. She could either keep running or...

She stopped and turned around, facing Robert who was on the staircase.

Robert looked at her strangely. He was caught off guard by her boldness.

"I think it's time to talk." Kaysie said, holding the knife in front of her.

"Nore more talking, you bitch!"

"Why Robert? Why are you doing this? Scotty would roll over in his grave if he knew what you were doing?"

"You stupid bitch, don't you see?! I am Scotty! Robert died that night in my dorm room. But Scotty, he lives forever!"

"Robert, I know you're in there somewhere!" Kaysie wsa astounded. "You've got to stop him, get him out of your head!"

"I like it in here, bitch!" It was strange, Roberts voice took on a higher quality and his facial expressions had even changed. He lunged at her again. She held the knife firm, keeping him at bay. "Besides, after tonight, my work will be done. And Robert can have this tired old body back. I won't need it anymore."

"Robert, Scott is dead," Kaysie pleaded. "You murdered him after seeing him with another man. You are not Scott Maxwell, you are Robert Maxwell, his older brother."

She could tell she was getting to him. He was shaking. "No! She's lying! I am Scott Maxwell!" Robert lunged again, knocking the knife out of Kaysie's hand.

Suddenly a gunshot rang out, and Kaysie and Robert both slumped to the ground...

Kaysie looked down at the ground to see who had shot at them. She couldn't believe it! Then unconsciousness took her.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.