Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Micro Heroes For FanFic. (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Micro Heroes For FanFic.
Not-So-Bad Lad
Secret Honorary Auxiliary Substitute Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

"Polar Boy" - Brek Bannin

Again, just fiddlin' with the different purples I could make. Was trying to get a lighter tone than any of the hues in Rokk's costume and the light blue separates them fairly well. This template was a lot smaller than the normal ones (Brek has always been leaner and smaller than most of his compatriots) so I had to start from scratch on most of it. I forwent the 'icicle' chest symbol, which I may regret in the future, but with the fur it just looked to busy, and I really didn't want to loose the fur. what do you guys think? Fur or symbol?

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not-So-Bad Lad   Email Not-So-Bad Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

"Supergirl" - Mon-El

Now before you start chucking healthy sized bricks at me, allow me to defend myself: the powerhouses of the Legion (Superboy, Mon-El, Supergirl/Andromeda), were a healthy sized headache in the Preboot, and a bit wishy-washy in the reboot. How do we solve the dilemma of continuity whilst simultaneously keeping the same feeling of the Adventure Era?

One Word: Kandor.

Instead of Time Travel or retcon punches or anything of the sort, two specimens from Kandor were returned to their full size and kept in stasis as specimens by Brainiac. These two Kryptonians, last full-blooded members of their race, were forgotten as the evil lineage of Brainiac mellowed, and eventually found their way to one of the most powerful men in the U.P.: R.J. Brande.

This way, everyone wins. Still a "Super" lineage in the Legion, but without the migraine wrought by the young Clark Kent.

Her suit was pretty straightforward: incorporating all the colors of Classic Superman, adding a dash of skin (what's she worried about? she's invulnerable!) and there we are.

Oh, and Superboy? Dev-Em [Smile]

--------------------
"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot

From: The Evil Anti-Moon!!!! | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Triplicate Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Triplicate Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Ultra Boy reminds me a bit of his version in the Arthurian Elseworld - or, at least, another possible very retro Jo. Since I thought that design worked, I'll say this one works too.

And Supergirl as a Kandorian? And Mon-El as a real descendant of the House of El? In one stroke? I should've thought of that. One problem: Mon-El is a male Kryptonian name.

--------------------
Tom Strong, on nostalgia: "I suppose it's a ready substitute for genuine feeling."
- Tom Strong #6, Alan Moore

From: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad

quote:
Originally posted by Triplicate Kid:

And Supergirl as a Kandorian? And Mon-El as a real descendant of the House of El? In one stroke? I should've thought of that. One problem: Mon-El is a male Kryptonian name.

Yea, I wanted to make Mon-El much closer to supes and the Krptonians, so I figured Kandor would make the most sense. And her full name is Mona Zor-El, but she shortens it. Like Henry becomes Hank or Christopher becomes Chris.

--------------------

- Crow T. Robot

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't love Jo's costume. Kind of reminds me of one of the Merry Men. [Smile]

However I do love Catalyst Kid and Supergirl. I had a similar idea for a new Supergirl...but she was a daxamite.

Polar Boy's costume I really like but wouldn't mind some tweak here and there. Plus I just love the helmet on him.

Here was my daxamite Supergirl idea. She was just a daxamite mutant who did not inherit the lead weakness.

-

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad

Jorge: I love the streamlined suit for S-Girl, and the Red/Blue switch looks fantastic! I went and checked out your Cadets on your page (which I guess I missed the first time through) and they are great. I love the mutated Daxamite idea too; unfortunately the story I've written out paints a pretty somber picture for the Daxamites...

--------------------

- Crow T. Robot

Not-So-Bad Lad

Jorge - I love the idea for inverting the "Supes" colors. What do you think of this?

-

"Superboy" - Dev-Em

One of the things about the classic Legion costumes that irked me a little was the fact that, save for a skirt, Superboy and Supergirl were wearing pretty much the same thing. I wanted their to be some individuality.

While his chest symbol is different, it's still "Supes", and all the traditional colors are their. While his hair is much lighter, I couldn't resist giving him a bit of a spitcurl. [Smile] I tried to make it look as 'iconic' as possible without sticking to any of the more standard Superman costumes. Also, I followed the "Legion Stripe" formula, if only to make him look more like a team member than a combination messiah/mascot.

--------------------

- Crow T. Robot

Not-So-Bad Lad

-

"Triad" - Luornu Durgo

This was one of the more difficult ones, if only because I tried to make three distinct uniforms that could be blended into one uniform that didn't feel _too_ busy.

With Triad, I always liked the idea of One girl becoming Three girls, all their own person, exemplifying certain aspects of the Main personality while each being unique. While it does make Lu a bit more 'spacey', she's also (at least the way I'd like to portray her) one of the more intuitive and deep-thinking Legionnaires; while everyone else is trying to work out a problem, she has three people each following a different logic strand to a specific conclusion.

Anway, back to the costume; Orange and Purple don't work the best in my opinion, so I switched it to Green and Gold (which are the colors of a certain other Splitting Hero, but I promise it was a complete accident [Smile] ) and made the costumes blend into one uniform in her merged form (a la cartoon Legion).

I didn't just want the uniform to be the only different things about them either. While they combine to make a single person, they are persons of their own right, and their appearances should reflect that.

As for personalities:

Gold is outgoing, flirtatious, headstrong, and
courageous

Green is withdrawn, cynical, unsure, phobic, and sarcastic

Gray is maternal, patient, wise, centered, and caring

--------------------

- Crow T. Robot

Not-So-Bad Lad

-

"Karate Kid" - Val Armorr

With Val, I'm of the opinion that less is more. Like Condo, I missed most of Val's "Action" appearances, so I'm more using the archetypes of him I have seen (Reboot, Threeboot, Elseworlds, Flashback Issues, etc.) and I like it when they play Val as a quiet, reserved man who, while removed from his peers as a point of dicipline, is still capable of hangout and laughing and smiling.

His costume is simple, slightly loose, and subdued. Val, at least in the beginning, doesn't care much for flash or glory or standing out; what he does care about is function. The ability to move and react so that he can perform up to his best. I liked the 'taped' hands of the Threeboot, and the booties were inspired by Iron Fist, but the whole thing comes together to make something that, while not the most fun to look at, reflects the character well.

--------------------

- Crow T. Robot

Triplicate Kid
Applicant

Triad - Interesting! Three girls that don't really look like the same person at all.
quote:
Originally posted by Not-So-Bad Lad:
With Triad, I always liked the idea of One girl becoming Three girls, all their own person, exemplifying certain aspects of the Main personality while each being unique. While it does make Lu a bit more 'spacey', she's also (at least the way I'd like to portray her) one of the more intuitive and deep-thinking Legionnaires; while everyone else is trying to work out a problem, she has three people each following a different logic strand to a specific conclusion.

As a definite Lu fan, I have to say I didn't really think of that possibility. I like the idea that her power could make her functionally more intelligent than a normal human. Taking advantage of three minds to solve one problem - good girl, Lu!

quote:
Anway, back to the costume; Orange and Purple don't work the best in my opinion, so I switched it to Green and Gold (which are the colors of a certain other Splitting Hero, but I promise it was a complete accident [Smile] ) and made the costumes blend into one uniform in her merged form (a la cartoon Legion).
I still prefer orange and purple... Anyway, your costumes are alright, as long as you're going for a Lu who spends a lot of her time apart - and you seem to be doing that. Love the thigh cutouts on Gold.
quote:
As for personalities:

Gold is outgoing, flirtatious, headstrong, and
courageous

Green is withdrawn, cynical, unsure, phobic, and sarcastic

Gray is maternal, patient, wise, centered, and caring[/QB]

Wow. One body acts like she's older than the others.

--------------------
Tom Strong, on nostalgia: "I suppose it's a ready substitute for genuine feeling."

From: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
That Superboy looks amazing! Love it!

Good idea having each Triplicate have a different costume. And on Val...yes less is more. Good job.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not-So-Bad Lad

Here are all the members I've done so far. I've changed a few in response to a few critques (I went back and looked at the Orange/Yellow on Lightning Lad and I couldn't agree more. It just doesn't flow well) and I've tweaked a few outfits, changed a few faces, and here they are so far!

-

Next up are Tasmia, Kinetix, Projectra and Sensor, Tellus, Gates, and Wildfire!

--------------------

- Crow T. Robot

Triplicate Kid
Applicant

Didn't realize how many you'd done already.

--------------------

Not-So-Bad Lad

-

"Wildfire" - Drake Burroughs

To confess, I've always thought Drake had one of the best visuals in the Legion, and maybe even in the top 20 for comics overall. You can easily pick him out of a crowd, his design has a lot to do with his character, his emblem is simple but dynamic. I say this to say that I didn't wanna eff with Drake's chi all too much.

I made his costume a lot darker with flares of color, kept the simple expressionless visor, expanded his emblem, and added some kibble to his gloves and boots. Remember, his suit isn't just a uniform, it's his _body_, so chances are there's regulatory equipment built in and the like. In that vein, I also took out much of the "definition" to the body. He's not a person wearing a suit; he's an energy cloud doing its best to emulate a human shape, so six pack abs and well defined legs make little sense.

--------------------

- Crow T. Robot

Not-So-Bad Lad

Well, I promised earlier to explain this, so here goes:

-

"Projectra" - Wilimena Morgana Daergina Annaxandra Velorya Vauxhall

-

"Sensor" - Jeka Wynzorr

Okay, so I loved the idea of Orando being a backwards other dimensonal planet, that tries to keep its tech level down and sticks to a medieval governing system. So I thought "why not expand on it?"

So my Orando has a society of humans led through a rigorous caste system of which Princess Projectra is a member. Her powers are bestowed upon her through a mystical lineage, and those of her family that inheret the powers are expected to one day lead their people.

As for the costume: While I'm following my rules of Function over Flare, this _IS_ a Princess. So adornments and jewelry are expected. I wanted to add a cape, but I figured this would be her 'action' outfit and the cape would be added in a more casual enviornment.

Jeka: When then human Orandans' other dimensonal world phased into our plane, they came into being where what was thought a barren planetoid was. They weren't aware of a subterranean race of sentients underground on the planet. In fact, none of the galaxy was. It was only after the building of a Starship Landing Port centuries later collapsed an underground city that anyone was aware of the "True Orandans", as they liked to be called. Needless to say, the True Orandans did not like the idea of humans phasing into existance right on top of them, and the ancient society of the Human Orando looked on the snake-people as demons. This led to centuries of war.

For a few generations there has been peace, and the True Orandans have attempted to become more genial with the beings around them in the cosmos. In this vein, they have sent one of the many mutants of their kind, a high-born girl named Jeka with amazing extrasensory abilities, to represent them in the Legion.

...WHEW, that took a hot second. Sorry about being long winded about it, but now you get the gist; Projectra has the illusion casting abilities, Jeka has a version of the "Sensor Girl" abilities. I wanted to do a variation of the "Snake Girl" Jeka, so I nixed the hair and made the pink markings more like scales than tattos.

--------------------

- Crow T. Robot

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.