Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Stay With Me (another non Legion fic) (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Stay With Me (another non Legion fic)
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Kaysie is actually a man??

[Smile]

Can't wait to see what you give us next Matt

Kxx

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
LOL NO even more shocking than that.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
You sure know how to make this suspenseful. I'm on the edge of my seat!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
The figure in black made its way up the fire escape. Kaysie stirred, looking up at the figure. Robert was breathing, but not moving.

"I told you that if I got to this bastard first, I would kill him,' said Bette Peterson. "Bet you didn't know that I was a crack shot."

"Is he... dead?" Kaysie stammered. Lorraine Peterson's lover stood over her, oferring her a hand. As Kaysie pulled herself up, she felt her aching body. She had not been shot. But the impact caused her to hit her head when Robert fell.

"Not yet, but he will be..." Bette cocked her revolver again. She aimed at Robert's head.

"Bette, this isn't the answer." Kaysie could see that Bette was shaking. Tears were rolling down her eyes freely. But she paused, and allowed Kaysie to take the gun from her.

Neither of them noticed Robert as he slowly began to move...

Hearing the gunshot, Morgan raced to the source of the loud noise. He looked down the alley and finally saw Kaysie and an older woman slowly walking down the stairs to the ground.

But Robert Maxwell was getting up. "Kaysie, look out!"

Morgan watched as the older woman rushed at Robert Maxwell. The railing gave way and the two of them tumbled off the fire escape. Time seemed to freeze as they fell. The double thud gave Morgan chills.

He rushed over to the two fallen bodies. The older woman was dead, a smile etched on her face. RObert was fading fast too. His breathing was shallow, between coughs, he tried to speak.

"You're... too late... Number One... There all gonna die... just like I did..." With that, Robert Maxwell was dead.

Kaysie joined Morgan and they stood there, sirens screaming in the background...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

The police had found Robert's car. After taking his and Bette's body away. Kaysie and Morgan gave their statements to the police. The serial killer had been caught.

Kaysie was still uneasy. What did Robert mean, "Soon they would all die."? Her question was answered when a report came over the police radio that an explosion had occurred at the Harbour!

"Marcus is there!" Morgan said, as they rushed to Morgan's car.

Marcus tried to keep everyone from panicking. The explosion itself had been fairly small, but several people that were close were killed instantly when the bomb had gone off. The building itself was on fire and the patron's were screaming. Marcus knew there was severe structural damage and part of the ceiling had collapsed as well. Marcus knew that if any of them were to survive, he would have to take charge.

"Let's go!" he ordered several people. "We've got to get out of here as quickly as we can. He directed the patrons to the exits as calmly as he could. He managed to keep people as clam as possible as they exited. Just when Marcus thought everyone was clear, a young man about twenty-five rushed toward him.

"You have to help me. My friend Jack and his boyfriend are trapped. When the explsoion occurred, they were under the ceiling when it fell. I can hear them, they are still alive."

Without a word, Marcus rushed back in to the blazing building...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Mattropolis

The biggest twist is yet to come... Keep reading...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Mattropolis

It was easy to find the young lovers. They were trapped together, holding hands. The ceiling had collapsed and they were both pinned to the ground by a large wooden beam.

They were fairly calm, both of them older. They were talking about their life together.

"Remember when we went to Florida?" One of them said weakly.

"Of course I do, you got us lost!" The other one chuckled as he spoke. Marcus knew that there was no way for him to get them out by himself.

"I'm going to go get some help!" He told them.

"No, it's too late for us! We've had a good life. No regrets. But I'm worried about my cousin. His name is Greg. He's in his mid twenties, blonde hair..."

"He's all right," Marcus said through his tears. "He asked me to come find you."

"That's sweet of him." He reached his hand to Marcus. "Please take care of him."

"I won't leave you here!" Marcus could hear the timbers above them. More of the ceiling was going to collapse any minute now.

The other man looked at Marcus. "It's too late for us. Please, go help the boy!"

Marcus stood there for another beat. He ran away as the roof collpased again, crushing the two lovers. The sound of it sicked Marcus, but he found the strength to escape.

The young man was waiting as Marcus exited the Harbour for the last time. By now, the fire trucks had arrived and were hard at work putting out the roaring fire.

"Did you find them," Greg asked, looking hopeful.

Marcus nodded, tears running down his face. "I'm sorry,"

The boy began to cry. Marcus held him tight as they walked slowly away from the building...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Mattropolis

A few days later, Ryan was well enough to leave the hospital. Morgan had offered to let him stay at his place while he recuperated further. He was looking forward to starting a life with that man. The two of them had been through so much together. Although he was still weak, Ryan was excited about life again.

Morgan arrived at the hospital to pick Ryan up. There was so much they needed to say to each other. Morgan still blamed himself for Ryans attack. He had been weak, sleeping with Todd McAllister on a whim. But now, they had a chance at a real life together. The nights were safe again...

Marcus was treated for smoke inhalation and minor burns, and was released from the hospital almost immedately. He tracked down Greg Parsons and offered to help him. It seems that his uncle Steve and his lover Frank were the only family Greg had left. Marcus offered to help Greg get on his feet. School would be starting soon, and Marcus would be needing a roommate.

Kaysie DuPris got her story. The editors of the Evanston Herald praised her for her fine investigative jornalism. There were even talks about a promotion. Kaysie would believe that when it happened.

So much had happened. Robert Maxwell was dead. The Harbour destroyed. So many lives ruined by the events of one single night. She thought back to the night Scott was killed. Robert killed his own brother, but the guilt was terrible! Scotty became a person of his own inside Robert's head, splintering off into his own personality.

But what had caused Robert's murderous rage in the first place. Why did he hate the fact the Scott was gay so much that he killed him? Kaysie would never know...

Janice Maxwell had retired to Florida. She had buried both of her sons within a few days of each other. All of her boys were dead. She looked at a picture of all of them.

She didn't mind so much that Scotty was gay. After all, it ran in the family. Scott's dad...

She remembered the day she caught Ralph Maxwell in bed with another man like it was yesterday. She had come home from work early because Robert's school had called. Robert had a temperature and was sick. Could she come pick him up?

SO when Janice and an eight year old Robert entered the house, Janice walked right in on them! She sent Robert into another room, took out the gun they kept for security and promptly shot both of them dead.

Of course she disposed of their bodies in the river and made up a story about her husband leaving her. She was never caught.

But Robert had seen it all. He never spoke of it, but deep down he knew.

The end...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Well done Matt, you kept up the suspense until te very end!

Don't stop writing now, keep your tremendous stories coming as your fans are champing at the bit for more more more!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

I'm going to finish up Midnight Redemption...

Then I will have time to work on Breath of Life (I got writer's block while working on it before)

After that, I'm sticking with Legion stuff in the near future, unless someone screams at me to do...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Great story, Matt. I won't scream at you, but I do hope you continue with your non-Legion fiction. You're really building up an interesting other world with your "Midnight" stories and this one here. So much work has gone into them - it's worth pursuing the lives of these characters you've brought to life. Something like Robert's killing spree would have a huge impact on the lives of the survivors - I'd like to see where they go from here!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

I have an idea to call the entire thing "Tapestries" and do various types of stories within that universe...

Maybe I'll try a romantic comedy next...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't stop writing Matt, do whatever you think is right and please keep posting it here!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, I'd love some more!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

and another one...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.