Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Legion 35C (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Legion 35C
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
So it had finally come.

the moment Kord Das had dreamt about since he was twelve years old was NOW!.

"Yes" he says, he understands their scepticism, he describes the damage Mega received on the Hive World, how just over three weeks ago a Green Lantern died because of joining this team, how within the last fornight one of his team has destroyed a Jovian class planet and destroyed, maybe irreplaceably, a species home system. He describes to them everything the Media is saying about his Legion and more.

He described his dreams to the Panel before him. He watches as they slowly realise that he has seen a real Legend being created. That whilst in his dreams he has taken note of the many many worlds that these visions will carry though to, will influence, will bring back from the destructive yolk of an intra-dimensional regime.

He looks over at his 'team' and smiles almost shyly.

"I'm sorry for what I've put you through in the last few weeks, all of you"

Again the court is taken aback by his words.

"you see, in my dreams you were never my Legion, you were only a stepping stone."

There is a murmurring from the Wandering Stars and at least one member of the Sol Defence League is heard to say "I knew he was a faker!" as the court takes a collective gasp.

"You see before you" ,pointing with an open hand towards his teammates, " a collection of the greatest unwanted Metas in this arm of the Galaxy; Triple Wolf was on the verge of being discreditted on Carggg for his blatant personalities, Sister Paragon was away to be replaced by a new Warrior from Thermyscira, the Princess always gets the sympathy vote but where was the hard cash when her people needed more than vocal compassion? Mega was seen as the emotional one from the repressed Imskian Leviathons, even the sterling Commander of the Daxam Fleet was sent to spy on us!"

The uproar from the crowd would have drowned out his voice if he hadn't of been within the soundyard of the Witness Circle.

"But you doubt my Vision?"

Now his demeanour has changed, and he is looking directly at the Xanthuan Adjudicator as he says this.

"Let me tell you what I see today Madam Adjudicator, and it is something that I see every day until the Grand Invaders leave our realities, I see a collection of Metas from several worlds sat within feet of us including a mighty Oan, just outside these walls I see several dozen of their team mates using their skills to help their fellow Beings, I see amongst the masses of Beings trying to bear witness todat the Wandering Stars and the H'dritki Hive Warriors controlling the crowds in this city, could YOU ever have predicted such a thing?"

His voice matches the scorn of the Adjudicator.

"What else do I see? I see two Green Lanterns, a Kenroshi and several Freetraders in the skies above this courtroom aiding the Planetary Police in their many tasks, I see a Daxam Dreadnought patrolling the Inner 'Stroid Field searching for contraband, I see a further 6 Green Lanterns, 38 Kenroshi Starsailors, the Wandering Stars Bubble ships all within a light year of Sol ready to defend us shouldthe Grand Invader choose to strike right now. I see several hundred of the cosmically aware Starhaven Freetraders teamed with Titan Psis tracking down wanted Meta Criminals, I see a representative of the Sorcerous World on a Green dragon approaching Earth Orbit as we speak, I see Tribesmen of Talok - the only race ever to stand up to the grand Invaders- sharing their skills and abilities to us and all races."

His tone has risen from the mildly bored to the genuinely questioning to the righteous wrath of the Messianic. He has spoken to all of the Adjudicators and now turns to the now silent crowd watching his every move.

"Yes, I saw a Legion worthy of the title of Legend, a Legion that will match any of the Leions of History."

"Look beyond this building to what we have gathered around us and see what I have seen many times before for I have seen it all starting today. Here. Now!"

Turning back to the Xanthan Adjudicator he said

"Now do you see? This is MY vision of the Legion!"

THE BEGINNING!!

[ September 27, 2003, 04:15 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Right guys, i'll be off for a few weeks while I wonder what the hell I do with this next!

Hope you have all enjoyed it as much as I have!

Thank you for the support throughout!

xx
Belinda

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Almost New Kid:
Great Stuff, 'Binger, keep it coming. Although it looks like you've left us teetering on the precipice again... [Wink] [Wink]

moi? A tease?

well it certainly didn't take you long to figure that out!

--------------------

Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
having known you for quite awhile now Belinda why am I still so shocked by the sheer bloody scale of your Legion???

TOTALLY FANTASTIC STUFF!!!

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
Right guys, i'll be off for a few weeks while I wonder what the hell I do with this next!

Hope you have all enjoyed it as much as I have!

Thank you for the support throughout!

xx
Belinda

Whatever it is 'Binger, it'll be worth the wait.

Say... Ever thought about the PPV possibilities... Hmmm... [Laugh Out Loud] [Razz] [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
VERY VERY GOOD. Its alot to absorb so I will re read it, but so far I think you have done a spectacular job!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

So Hard drinker... I mean Habberdashery... I mean Harbinger, when you gonna write some more for us?

I'm sure a lady of your stature and obvious talent would have more than one story inside her.... [Big Grin]

yeah Belinda, in your own time.....

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah Harbi - Gerrem out for the boyz......

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

to all you hordes in my adoring fan club - shut up already! More will come when it comes!

I'm working on a Glorion Grundy peice but am trying to get away from the media manipulation thread of the last peice and move more into what's really going on in his head. It's not easy and I don't want to post anything thats tooo lame!

But then who said good things were ever easy?

Numfy, no comments please!!!

More will come soon, I promise guys! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Sonnie
mere mortal

Belinda, I had forgotten how great this is!

Thought I'd bump it up for anyone else who wants a good read!

As you're coming to the end of your third Arc set in the 35th century it was great to re-read how it all started!

If you want ideas I'd love to see more Triple Wolf, you seemed to revel in writing his journals......

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I... am... exhausted...!

Wow.

'Binger, you've created something massive in scope.

One read isn't eough to do it justice.

Y'know what I *really* like? The races of Vega being mentioned/included.

I'm an Omega Men fan from way back...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Belinda, I've finally given this a thorough and slow read all the way through, and all I can say is that I've been blown away. I absolutely love the world you've created and the characters that you've brought us.

Dak Sacchev is my favorite by far, but I have a soft spot for Mega and the Commander now too. This is fanstastic, with such great ideas on so grand a scale!

On to Glorion Grundy and the Mindbender! Keep these stories coming!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Thank you Cobster, I must admit that I can barely read this these days as it's so cluttered and disorganised, IMO, compared to the later peices! I want to re-write it thoroughly and will hopefully get around to that once I've finished the current arc I'm working on.

Mega and CC have a cameo in E&B and you learn a fair bit about Dak in GG and the MB so you should enjoy that too.

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.