Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Gallery of Frog Kid...er, King - The Return (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Gallery of Frog Kid...er, King - The Return
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog King   Email Frog King         Edit/Delete Post     
Just finished a new Dawnstar pic:

-

Any feedback, positive or negative, is welcome.

From: Berlin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Geez, you are just so talented. All your pictures are great. I hate you [Wink]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog King   Email Frog King         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Quislet. I love you too:D
From: Berlin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Frog Kid,

The best I can do is stick figures. So I do get a little jealous when someone like you draws so well.

The feathers on Dawnstar seem very well drawn.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Magnifique! I think you should be Barry's fill in artist when he needs a break on the new Legion!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Thanks, MEL, but I don't think my drawings are consistent enough to be published...
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Why not aspire to it? You've often shown a great deal of kinetic grace or fluid emotion in a static panel. (I'm thinking of your Christmas card right now.) That's what some professional comics artists haven't quite mastered.

She's seeking a particular target ... someone she's tracking? a way out of this desert? What it is doesn't matter much, because her eyes and attention are put forward first. I like the intensity of her gaze, made to shape the rest of her body, including her far-from-relaxed wings.

More is implied here about her than we see in the usual portrait drawing -- it tells a fragment of a story. I very much like the straightforward portraits, but it's a pleasure to also see her in a setting suggesting action.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Thanks for the comments, Greybird. When I say I don't think my drawings are consistent, the proof is in this thread. When you look at the various pics I did, some are more realistics(the dawnstar pics, Sensor girl ...), others have a "cartoony" feel(founders, triad, Mon-El)... it is not made on purpose. But I also think one one my problem is I don't trust myself to be that good...

About the pic: At first, she was supposed to look down, toward the valley, but I thought it was be better to make her look the sky. IMO it was interesting to have a "grounded" winged character, not on the ground but not really in the sky either. She is firmly sitting on the rock, but want to fly away.

By the way, it's not a desert in the background: it is a very distant and very dense forrest on StarHaven(but there was now way you could see it - it is supposed to be too far to see the details).

[ October 13, 2004, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Frog Kid ]

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Seriously FK, your stuff is really pretty good. I enjoy looking at your pencils. You put some life into the figures and often show snapshots of their lives. This one and the Gim Allon pic are just wonderful.

If you're worried about consistancy you might try a little of what Dean's been doing and look at redrawing a few pages of sequential art using different camera angles or POVs. You'll find some things you didn't know about your skills as you work through an exercise like that.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Good idea, YK(and thank for the compliment). I found the other day on the web Mr Waid's script To Superman: Birthright #11. I might draw a few pages one of these day...
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[Love] Beautiful, Froggy. As usual! Any plans to ink and color the piece?

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Thanks, PoV, but no thanks. I'm happy with the result, and don't want to mess it with my inking.

But if someone want to try, he or she is welcome...

Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Great Dawnstar Frog Kid! Thank you for sharing it!

There's definitely a story to be told there. To me it looks like she's been wounded, knocked out of the sky by an unseen villian, but is still in the fight and readying herself to soar back into the battle.

This would make a great cover!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
Fantastic Dawny! [Smile]

--------------------
Lady Kat - The White Raven

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
Awsome job FK.
I have enjoyed looking at your art..you have a gift. I love the pencil of Dawn as well. I bet your inking would be fantastic!

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.