Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Atoning Unifex Humbly Submits Artwork (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Atoning Unifex Humbly Submits Artwork
Atoning Unifex
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atoning Unifex   Email Atoning Unifex         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought I'd post some artwork I've done that is Legion related. Right now I've just got some stuff I did a couple of years ago for CBR, but there will be more coming that is shiny and new. Like a vir...never mind.

This first is the image that started it all. We were talking, a bunch of us, and I decided (for reasons lost to posterity) to draw Phoenix in Duo Damsel's costume.

-

From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Atoning Unifex
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atoning Unifex   Email Atoning Unifex         Edit/Delete Post     
The Phoenix Lass picture led to several others. This is a picture of Emma Frost dressed as Princess Projectra.

-

From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Atoning Unifex
Applicant

Then came Sage dressed as Sun Boy.
 -

Atoning Unifex
Applicant

Then Dazzler in a Phantom Girl costume.....
 -

Atoning Unifex
Applicant

This final picture was for the second season of Project CBRunway. The challenge was to take one of the X-Men and transplant them to the Legion and update their costume. I chose Storm.

-

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Phantom Dazzler is awesome. I like the energy of her pose and expression.

I also like the Emma Projectra one a lot, but all of them are neat ideas. Storm, Colossus and Nightcrawler are kind of gimmes, since Dave Cockrum already designed their costumes with his special flair, which also carried over into his Legion work, but it would be interesting to see some of the other X-folk done up as Legionnaires.

Although I'm not sure the world is ready to see Angel in Dawnstar's costume... [Smile]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Atoning! You know me as deanlegion at CBR. Glad you're here. Have fun!!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Love your style, AU. Those costumes are pretty clever too. I really dig the Phoenix/Duo Damsel number.
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
Like your work. I get a kind of Tony Harris vibe from the Emma Frost & Sage pics. Keep it up!

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Triplicate Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Triplicate Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Phoeniz as Duo Damsel actually works visually. I'd never have dreamed up that combination.

--------------------
Tom Strong, on nostalgia: "I suppose it's a ready substitute for genuine feeling."
- Tom Strong #6, Alan Moore

From: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Duo Phoenix is my favorite.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
So... any drawings of existing Legionnaires?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Atoning Unifex
Applicant

Coming along slowly. I've had a busy busy week and a half at work so I've not really had a chance to do much. I was working on a Sensor Girl sketch earlier this morning. That might show up next week.
Atoning Unifex
Applicant

Here are a couple of drawings I've done over the past few days. I'm hoping to color them this weekend.

First: Sensor Girl!
 -

Atoning Unifex
Applicant

Now: Ultra Boy!

-

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.