Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » TITANS new ongoing series: Should I or Shouldn't I? (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: TITANS new ongoing series: Should I or Shouldn't I?
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
YAY! Cali post! [Love] [Hug]

(Nothing to say about the book, sorry. [Embarrassed] [Big Grin] )

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
If this issue had somehow been able to be numbered '1', then TITANS (the series) would be much more respected.

It's a good issue.

Gar's green Polar Bear (I guess this was written before the algae-growing-in-polar-bear-fur stuff was featured in the news?) Bear-a-gram stunt was amusing. I didn't know Raven lived in a dorm... I knew she was attending high school (though this seems more like college?)

Cyborg getting a new body is pretty much as cliche as Red Tornado's body-drama. New story ideas, creators!

The Nightwing/Starfire scene's bound to stir up some feelings in those that wanted this pairing to persist. I'm not one of them, though at this point, I think a Dick/Barbara Gordon coupling would be back-pedaling, just as much. Some fans seem to want a Donna/Dick romantic relationship, the idea of which just nauseates me. They make perfect best friends.

Anyway, the scene is very well-written and is fairly adult, in nature. I enjoyed it.

I also liked the Raven self-struggle, though it's too-familiar ground, just like Cyborg's continuing body-drama. I wasn't expecting her to depart with her brothers- that was an interesting surprise. Has she embraced them? Did she leave with them to spare Gar?

Y'know what I'd like? I think it'd be a nice twist if Raven converts one of her newfound bro's to the 'good'-- or at least to a conflicted state, similar to hers. I don't expect this to become a full-fledged family, but I think it'd be good story provender if *one* of these boys could become a 'real' brother to Raven. He needn't become a hero, or even leave the 'Trigon team'. Just a balance.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
i totally agree, mystery lad!! i wish this had been the first issue!! i hope winnick didn't shoot himself in the foot with the first couple issues! now i actually want to read it!

--------------------
http://www.adrianaferguson.com
http://joteivv.deviantart.com
http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
DC UNIVERSE DECISIONS: The conclusion's out- and Jericho's status as psycho-killer's ameliorated a bit. It's not really him, it's the multitude of personality remnants that he's picked up in his possessions over the years that have taken over and guided him into murder. In particular, the remnants of villainous personalites have worked together to assume control of Jericho's psyche.

No mention of how he manages to speak while in his own body, here. He's supposed to be headed to TITANS next issue, as evidenced by the conclusion of last issue.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I read 7-8 last night (I'm WAY behind)...

Jericho... I never DID like that big-eyed twerp.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
All the charm and novelty behind this once mute superhero is lost, including his original costume; in fact, his whole look is gone. I'm not convinced that this even is Joe Wilson.

And what's with the tacky raven picture slapped on her costume? This new incarnation wants to bring back the magic of the old Wolfman/Perez team dynamic, but it just falls short when they do things like bring back a teen Raven who confesses to liking Gossip Girl and reverting Changeling's name to Beast Boy. Let him grow up already!

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
HOOO-kay. read # 9.

That double-page spread with all the people Jericho's possesed trapped in his psyche was unnerving. And he does ask Dick to help him.

So maybe I don't hate Joey after all....

(seeing his Mom in flashback reminded me of the first arc on Grayson's TITANS run and her sad demise).

Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to # 10 and the JLA vs. Titans!

That's 2 wins in a row for the TITANSverse. If TERROR TITANS # 4 doesn't suck (and I liked #s 1-3), it'll be a 3fer!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Just read Titans vs JLA. That "vs" was pretty loosely used, if you ask me. It was really Jericho vs JLA and Titans. Why can't this be resolved more quickly? Instead, they let Joe escape mysteriously (presumably, to drag this story line even further at a later date). So much for Dick wanting to take care of their own. He quits the team. Sure, there's that teaser page of things to come at the end of the issue, and we see Joe in a hospital bed, but how long do we have to wait before that comes to fruition? Just take him in, nurse him, have him work out his issues and have reemerge into the Titans fray normal already. Is that logical progression of storytelling too much to ask?
From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

#11-- a low-key 'day in the life of' issue (that phrase was coined by a Teen Titans issue, wasn't it?) that featured manslut Roy Harper in action, daddy Wally West spending time with his family, Raven and Beast Boy continuing their soap opera, Starfire and Donna interacting, Donna taking the wrong tack with Roy and getting slammed for it, and Cyborg is revealed to be housing Joey.

Some scenes are drawn better than others-- it's hard to tell Roy and Wally apart in places. Porter draws a plain Donna-- she should be beautiful!

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not loving this series. I want to, because I love the original Titans, but I'm just not. It's too same old-same old for my tastes. It reminds me of the last Titans series, that I also wanted to love, but fond it to be mediocre.

I hate to say it, but I think it's too hard for most people to live up to the high standard set by Marv and George. Geoff Johns could probably do it, with the right artist. I would love to see a Geoff Johns/Phil Jiminez Titans book. That would be good.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

What a bust DEATHTRAP is turning out to be. Just when the separate series were starting to turn a corner, too.

Maybe the conclusion will make me feel differently.

But I doubt it. Why ruin a character for this?

Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Agreed. There is no redemption for Jericho, especially not after the senseless hostage killing, graphically brutal for a mainstream comic. It was a page I actually had to hide from my almost 7 year old. Just when you think it's safe to leave comic books lying around...
Mystery Lad
Advisor

The way Deathtrap's conclusion was told in VIGILANTE #6 was effective and well-paced. All the beats were there.

Unforunately, the premise at the heart of the crossover is so mean-spirited and nasty that it just casts a pall over every bit of characterization, every nicely drawn panel, every well-constructed series of scenes.

Click Here For A Spoiler The story concludes with Vigilante gouging both Jericho's eyes out, taking away his superpower, leaving him completely insane. What is it with that family and their peepers?

Heart-warming and life-affirming, isn't it? I so appreciate comic publisher's deep affection for their heroic characters, don't you?

Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Why don't they just let it be revealed that Joey also slept with his mother and the whole tragedy will be complete.
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.