Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Pictures of members (Page 129)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Pictures of members
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
WOW! Those are some great pictures! [Big Grin] I especially love the Rocky/Quis team-up. (Not to take away from FC's new acquisition-- I just miss her coffee/ears. [Big Grin] )

Here's one of my new tattoo:
Click for fullsize image

And a couple of me getting it done:
Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

I guess there ARE perks to being a tattoo artist. Or a photographer.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
and this is a picture of me doing the things which have kept me away from Legion world for so long.  -

I have many Civil War Ancestors-8 CSA and 1 USA. I have considered being a re-enactor here in the South. Although I am very proud of the bravery which each of these men displayed, leaving home and family when their states called, and I firmly believe the Southern states were getting hosed when it comes to states' rights, being asked to pay more than their fair share of taxes, I DO NOT believe in slavery, and there's just too much of a stigma that goes along with the war. Most people see only the slavery issue, and I don't want people to hate me because of what they'd think I was supporting. So, I applaud your ability to enjoy yourself in this manor.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
and this is a picture of me doing the things which have kept me away from Legion world for so long.  -

I was half expecting you to wear that uniform in SD last year! [ROTFLMAO]

Oh well! Maybe next time.

On a side note Darden, I'll be coming over to do some work for BAE in the next 6 - 9 months, I'll let you know when so maybe we can hook up while I'm over there.

Well after seeing all the others dressed up, maybe next time. [LOL]

And as for comming over Jennifer says just you try to sneak over here and avoid us. Let me know once your plans firm up and we can head up to you (is it Faslane?) and have a bit of fun

[ August 09, 2009, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Faraway Lad ]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arm Fall Off Boy:

I have many Civil War Ancestors-8 CSA and 1 USA. I have considered being a re-enactor here in the South. Although I am very proud of the bravery which each of these men displayed, leaving home and family when their states called, and I firmly believe the Southern states were getting hosed when it comes to states' rights, being asked to pay more than their fair share of taxes, I DO NOT believe in slavery, and there's just too much of a stigma that goes along with the war. Most people see only the slavery issue, and I don't want people to hate me because of what they'd think I was supporting. So, I applaud your ability to enjoy yourself in this manor.[/QB]

AFOB
I suppose the issues are a bit different over there in the states and particularly in the south itself, but there are a number of American Civil War units over here, both Blue and Grey. I have been to quite a few events as a spectator and I don’t really see any one talking affront at the slavery issue.
If you want to take part then I suppose the best thing to do is be upfront and when you find a unit you fancy joining ask the question. See what they say on the issue and if you feel comfortable with it then consider joining.
If you want to be a re enactor then ask yourself what it is you want to do, be as historically accurate as you can, and make sure that you do your bit to inform, educate and entertain.

But I have to say it is good fun standing in a field blatting away at the French.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arm Fall Off Boy:
I have many Civil War Ancestors-8 CSA and 1 USA. I have considered being a re-enactor here in the South. Although I am very proud of the bravery which each of these men displayed, leaving home and family when their states called, and I firmly believe the Southern states were getting hosed when it comes to states' rights, being asked to pay more than their fair share of taxes, I DO NOT believe in slavery, and there's just too much of a stigma that goes along with the war. Most people see only the slavery issue, and I don't want people to hate me because of what they'd think I was supporting. So, I applaud your ability to enjoy yourself in this manor.

Sorry Arm Fall Off Boy, but here is a link to South Carolina's declaration of secession (SC was the first to secede) It first asserts that the various states are sovereign and have a right to secede if they want to. It then talks exclusively about slavery. Nothing about taxes. The secession declarations for Georgia, Mississippi, & Texas are all about slavery (albeit, Texas also mentions attacks by Indians & Mexian bandits, but only briefly) I have not looked at any the other declarations of secession.

I think that after losing the Civil War (called "the War Between the States" by the South and "The Rebellion" by the North) and the passage of the 13th Amendment, the Southern states did a PR job to reframe the issues of the war. By the same token, the North was primarily about preserving the Union and not freeing the slaves. Lincoln once said "My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume V, "Letter to Horace Greeley" (August 22, 1862), p. 388. source

By the way, I would not think you supported slavery or were prejudiced against black people if you were a Confederate re-enacter.

[ August 09, 2009, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raging Bull
Maverick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raging Bull           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

These two are on the verge of being too hot for Legion World...

Geoffy J, eat your heart out!

--------------------
♦ Translated from 31st century Texan to 21st century English ♦

From: The open range | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
That PR job I'd suspect was by both; better to bury the hatchet with, not pick the scab and whatever other euphemisms and cliche's might apply.

Once a year we have re-enacters in our metropark (a very woodsie area within city confines). Very serious about their campouts and behavior, even as joggers and dogwalkers wander by.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm waiting for the picture of Faraway Lad invading South Carolina.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
 -  -

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

-

--------------------
Touch the magic...

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey good lookin', what you got cookin'?

I like the one with you peering over your sunglasses. You look surprised!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mattropolis:
 -

Mr. Cool driving along! Nice!

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
rhino's aunt, rhino, rhino's mom
Click for fullsize image
I'm at work one evening & an older lady comes in & sits down. I've never seen her in my life but I can't stop looking at her, like I'm drawn to her for some reason. 5 minutes later, my mom walks in & after a hug & a kiss, informs me that the other lady is my aunt who's come over from Cuba for a visit!!! I swear, I've never even seen a picture of my aunt before, but as soon as she walked in, I felt a strong connection to her!! It was so cool & weird!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

That's really cool, rhino!

And I guess this means Mama rhino came through her surgery with flying colours. [Smile]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.