Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill This Thread VI: The 24-Hour Version, Part II (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Kill This Thread VI: The 24-Hour Version, Part II
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
In Quito, Ecuador, there used to be a movie theater near the airport which, due to its proximity, was named Cine Aeropuerto (Airport Cinema.) It also had a cute logo.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Logan Airport used to be three Boston Harbor islands. Governor's, Noodle, & Apple islands. The three islands were connected to the mainland by landfill when they expanded the airport in, I believe, 1943.

Fort Independence that is near where I live was also on an island (Castle Island) but has since become part of the mainland through landfill. Deer Island became a penisula when the channel seperating it from the mainland was filled in by the Hurricane of 1938. Deer Island is home to the Deer Island Water Treatment plant, the second largest water treatment plant in the US.

The rest of the harbor islands have become a national park. I have gone to Georges Island where there is Fort Warren, a Civil war era fort; and to Little Brewser Island where there is Boston Light, the only Coast Guard manned lighthouse in the US. The tour of Fort Warren is very good and at Boston Light you get to go up to the top of the lighthouse. If you ever visit Boston (in the summer) I recommend going to the harbor islands.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I've more often been to Logan as a visitor on the ground than using the airport for my own flights. In fact, I've never gone through security there, never begun or ended a trip there. I changed planes at Logan in 2000 en route to Halifax from Albany. I went there in 1989 to see my sister off on her flight to Italy. And I joined Quis in going there in 2005 to welcome inbound LWers for that year's Wizard World meet-up.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
With all the mega-intrusive crap that's now a daily part of traveling by air, I'm almost relieved about being too damn poor to go anywhere.

:/

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
There's a lot I miss the way air travel used to be. Probably most of all I miss being able to meet people at the gate. It was great having someone there to welcome you home!

I also miss "extras" that airlines got rid of, like meals and such.

My favorite airline to fly currently is JetBlue. I like the TV and radio in the seat and the snacks (if not a meal). Unfortunately, they only have two flights a day out of Houston, both to JFK. It's fine for going to New York (which I never do) or switching for Boston (which I don't do enough), but not for going to other places.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

never done JB. I'm not sure who would be my favorite airline anymore, but Air Canada tends to lead the pack. I completely and utterly loathe Delta, even more so that the took down a good airline, Northwest, down to their abysmal level.

British Airways, which I flew in 2002, was the last airline that really impressed me.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
2002 was a good year for me. I had a secure job, I was discovering a lot of good music I'd previously neglected, and I finally got my driver's license and my first car. I was also enjoying being single more than any time in my life before or since then.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
So palindrome years are the best?

Damn. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna' be pushing up daisies by the time 2112 rolls around.

[TimeTrapper]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

1991 and 2002 were both pretty good years. maybe there's something to that.
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I was born in 1991 so I agree that year was awesome.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
According to this site http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/1962.html

In the year I was born the average rent was $110.00 a month. Tuition to Harvard was $1,520.00. Gas was 28 cents a gallon.

Marilyn Monroe was found dead. The Cuban Missile crisis occured. Both Wal-Mart & K-Mart opn their first stores. Jodie Foster, Demi Moore, Evander Holyfield, Joan Cusack, and Jon Stewart were born. Jon Stewart and I share the exact same birthday.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The year I was born, JFK was assassinated. Nuff said.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I was born the year Neil Armstrong walked on the moon, the hippies partied at Woodstock, the drag queens rioted at the Stonewall Inn and Sesame Street had its first broadcast.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I went to Woodstock '94 (the whole weekend) and Woodstock '99 (about 12 hours), but at the age of 10 months, I was too young to go to the original.
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I always wanted a Woodstock doll. He was one of my favorites from Peanuts.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.