Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill This Thread VI: The 24-Hour Version, Part II (Page 15)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Kill This Thread VI: The 24-Hour Version, Part II
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't put up my Christmas tree yet, but I have lots of Peanuts ornaments. I always put a little Charlie Brown doll on the top.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Good grief!

you should hang the Charlie Brown one in a place where it catches a breeze, and near a football one. That way it can look like he's missing the kick over and over again.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Nice Avitar Kent, but a Chief's Anchor would be better.

Therefore...

Die You Bastich Thread!!!

DIE!! DIE!! DIE!!

Paid for by the Committee to Kill This Thread! Which, of course, reserves the right to expand the comments contained herein as necessary at some undefined later date.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I may not put up my tree at all this year. My mom is hosting Christmas dinner and I'm not expecting anyone to come over. It seems silly to put it up for just me. I guess I'm just not feeling it this year. [sigh]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
[Band]

Feelings, nothing more than feelings
Trying to forget my feelings of love
Teardrops rolling down on my face
Trying to forget my feelings of love

Feelings, for all my life I'll feel it
I wish I've never met you, girl
You'll never come again
Feeling, woo-o-o feeling
Woo-o-o, feel you again in my arms

Feelings, feelings like I've never lost you
And feelings like I'll never have you again in my heart

Feelings, for all my life I'll feel it
I wish I've never met you, girl; you'll never come again

Feelings, feelings like I've never lost you
And feelings like I'll never have you again in my life

Feelings, woo-o-o feeling it,
woo-o-o, feeling again in my arms
Feelings

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I really have no intense feelings about the "pure" pop versus the grunge/"alternative" rivalry that was such a big part of the local music scene in the 1990s. Most of my knowledge of the pop music from that time comes secondhand, and I'm usually guided towards what I find amusing/diverting by word of mouth rather than by anything "pro" critics have to say.

Right now, I'm blasting mr_cleome's copy of Urge Overkill's Saturation because I think it's a welcome blast of glitzy, dopey fun after a grueling day of work and a million jillion treacly-ass Xmas carols. The arguments in some quarters about whether the band was an actual pop band or more like a ham-fisted post-post-mod joke about pop bands doesn't mean diddly to me.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
My mom's playing the Ray Conniff Christmas album at full blast in the background.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Frank Conniff played "TV's Frank", the assistant-slash-whipping boy to Trace Beaulieu's evil mad scientist "Dr. Forrester" on Mystery Science Theater 3000. One of the funniest bits was Dr. Forrester imprisoning Frank in a life-size Operation board game and torturing him.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I was never a devotee of MST3K, but those I did see were usually fun. They did trash a mae-for-PBS scifi flick I loved as a teen though, Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, probably the very first Raul Julia work I'd ever seen.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
In the Addams Family movies, Uncle Fester was Gomez' brother. But in the TV series he was Morticia's uncle.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

John Astin, TV's Gomez Addams, also filled in as the Riddler on the Batman TV series on one second season two-parter, filling in while execs were stuck in pay negotiations with regular Riddler Frank Gorshin.
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Another episode of the Batman TV series which was originally supposed to feature the Riddler had to be re-written to feature the Superman villain The Puzzler, played by Maurice Evans, who is probably most famous for playing Dr. Zaius in Planet of the Apes.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I think Maurice Evans is just as, if not more well known for his role as Maurice, Samantha's father, on Bewitched.

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Maurice LaMarche has been my favorite voice actor since his days on Pinky And The Brain. Back on the old alt.wb boards, he referred to the duo as something like "the large-headed megalomaniac and his loopy longtime companion." So he sort of outed his own fictional character, I guess.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

um... unless I'm misreading, Rocky has won!
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.