Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Victorian Flirting Thread (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: Victorian Flirting Thread
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
My dear Mr Quislet,

Why thank you for your concern, but if I may set you at your ease by telling you that I always take the upmost care and attention in my deportment and manner.

I thank you and am indeed humbled by your kindess of spirit. If you will forgive me for being so bold in saying that you are most definately as beautiful on the inside as you are handsome on the outside.

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
And I can attest to the softness of Mr. Rockhooper Lad's sopha. One does not get hurt falling on Mr. Rockhopper Lad's sopha when one is fainting due to emotions.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by walkwithcrowds:
My dear Mr Quislet,

Why thank you for your concern, but if I may set you at your ease by telling you that I always take the upmost care and attention in my deportment and manner.

I thank you and am indeed humbled by your kindess of spirit. If you will forgive me for being so bold in saying that you are most definately as beautiful on the inside as you are handsome on the outside.

Oh Mr. walkswithcrowds,

You are turning my cheeks quite rosy with your kind words.

Would you like a small glass of My Aunt Ida's Special Lemonade?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
Why thank you kind sir.
A glass of lemonade would me most appreciated.
It is a tad on the warm side in your smoking rooms.
Would it be appropriate for me to loosen my collar stud a mite?
I don't want to be too risque but I feel I may well faint with the heat.
Of course I am sure that, even thought we have the delectable Mr Rockhoppers divine divan to cushion my fall, I am most certain that it will not be needed, as you will surely catch me in your strong manly arms.

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Why don't we sit on the sopha before you faint?

I'll draw the drapery so as to block the sunlight and hopefully that will cool the room sufficiently. (and be assured that I would be most discreet and not mention any loosening of collar studs)

--------------------

Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
If it would not be considered too presumptuous, I'll loosen up all the studs once the draperies are drawn.
From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Why Mr. Lad Boy, I would say that is very presumptuous. It is a good thing that I am sitting on this lovely sopha. You may have to rub my wrists in order to revive me.

--------------------

walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

My dear Mr Lad Boy While I must admit to a certain amount of surprise, maybe even shock at your suggestion of loose clothing (Indeed a quick lie down and a cold compress may be called for) I realise that - of course - your comfort must be our paramount concern.
So, to that end, even though I fear that I am blushing most ferociously at the thought, I urge you to avail yourself of my hospitality and loosen anything you desire.
It simply would not do to cause you discomfort and hence to leave unsatisfied.

--------------------
Be lucky

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
My dear Mssrs. Quislet, Crowds and Lad Boy, fret not. I shall have my man draw the curtains back and bring a decorative privacy screen so that those who desire not to see certain goings-on need not do so.

After all, gentlemen often need time apart to discuss gentlemanly things.

Now, there is ample room on my sopha. Mr Quislet has supplied a more-than-sufficient provision of that heavenly elixir, Aunt Ida's lemonade. I have, on many occasion, enjoyed a draught of that most lovely concoction.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
Gentlemen, excuse me please, and far be it from me to tell a person of the male persuasion what to do, but perhaps might I merely suggest that the change of seasons may dictate an opportunity for you to indulge in a heated libation. Might I suggest you sample something more robust then lemonade? A nice port or mayhap a sangria which has been stirred up and then ever so lovingly mulled and finally heated through with a hot poker? I believe there are some man-sized tankards for just such a purpose in the butler's pantry. He, that is to say the butler, is most accomodating and would be happy to oblige this or any special requests.
From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Oh my!
Dear Lady!
Please, I can only beg your forgivness!
That a fine young woman of such obvious breeding should have been forced to endure the sight of such Dionysian debauchery.
I would , of course, offer you the use of our sofa if I thought for one moment that a respectable Lady, such as yourself, would ever assent to the use of the site of such a Bacchanal!
Please, let me offer you a glass of dear Aunt Ida's Special Lemonade. I find it most refreshing and just the thing to aid in the recovery of shock and aroused emotions.
Indeed, good Lady, if you will forgive me for being so forward, it only goes to your merit as a kind and gracious hostess that your first thought was not of yourself but was to OUR comfort and ease.
I thank you for your generosity and kindness of spirit and if you are still amenable, I am most certain that my companions and I would be honoured to join you in a glass of port.
May I even go so far, I am shocked at myself for even daring to suggest such a thing, as to request your company as you join us in a few glasses of that sangria you mentioned?
I'm sure you will agree that the idea of it "being heated through with a hot poker" is one that is most exciting.
If you would be so kind as to order the drinks I will get my poker ready.

--------------------
Be lucky

Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod, that's a like wonderful idea MR WWC! And if I may be so like bold, I like volunteer to hold your poker in the fire to warm it up for you.

Have you seen the nifty new gas controls on this charming fireplace? One little like twist of the handle here and the flames just jump up nice and high.

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

My, what a charming and helpful young Lady you are Miss Everyday Girl.
You are, indeed, most kind in your offer of assistance. Alas I fear that my poker is quite, quite heavy and I would not like you to strain yourself.
If you would prefer, you could always make yourself comfortable on Mr Rockhoppers most excellent sofa and I will be sure to give you the first use of my poker once it warms up sufficiantly.
I'm sure my dear,dear friends Mr Quislet, Rockhopper Lad and Lad Boy will be more than willing to make room for you. In fact I am sure you will find all of us very accomodating.
Please make yourself comfortable and do not be afraid to voice any request of us, whilst we await the return of our beautiful Hostess Miss Saturn Girl, with the sangria.
We are, as always, your very willing servants.

--------------------
Be lucky

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

If a dubious joke is made in your hearing you have a choice. Either you may show your disapproval, by a frigid glare - but this shows that you understood the double-entendre; or you may take the easier course and ignore it, so demonstrating your pure innocence.

Hmmm.. frigid stare or ignoring.

--------------------

Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! Is that FRIGID Glare/Stare directed at ME, Mr. Quislet, Esq.?

<Sniff> <Pretty Little Pout> <Sniff>

I wasonlyofferingtohelp Mr. WWC.

<Sniff> <Pretty Little Pout> <Sniff>

I can't help it if I don't always understand the double-rearenders you adults throw into the conversation...

[ December 03, 2006, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Everyday Girl ]

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.