Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » You need to know this!!! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: You need to know this!!!
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
On moonshine runs, right Lardy? [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
er...no se ingles...

[Razz]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
[LOL]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
BTW, I didn't get my license 'til after I turned 21. [Frown]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I was 23. I kept renewing my driver's permit until they raised it to a princely sum of $3!

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
I was 23. I kept renewing my driver's permit until they raised it to a princely sum of $3!

I had to pay $28...I think.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
This was a long time ago. [Big Grin]

I don't recall what the fee for the license was, only that I was incensed at being "pressured" into getting one. [No]

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

I failed the driver's test three times before finally passing it...barely. I just got so frikkin' nervous taking the test! And learning under my dad's tutelage? A nightmare! He had no patience and a hair-trigger temper. Ugh! [Shudder]

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

I think I passed the test on the first try, but I was so worried that I would fail that I delayed taking it for as long as possible.

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
My car stalled the first time and I nearly killed the tester and myself, so I failed that one.

The second time, he nick-picked, "When turning right, you must enter the far right lane only."

Third time, I passed no problem.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't get my license until I was 18, I thought I was a late bloomer! I'd been driving 'farm vehicles' (i.e. pickup trucks) since I was 14, 'though, since that was legal in Oklahoma. {Amazing what sort of vehicles people had 'farm vehicle' plates on. If you can afford a Lincoln town-car, do you really need to save $14 getting farm vehicle plates instead of normal ones?)

I took my driving test in an enormous white Cadillac in New Hampshire. I was really nervous, because I'd never driven a car that handled like a boat before, nor on roads that had so much traffic!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I learned in high school with a teacher who was also my class counselor in his last year before retirement.
Boy, did he hate us!

I'd driven Dad's old tracktor since about 12. It was one of those that you had to stand on the clutch to get it to disengage gears.
sigh
That technique didn't work so well in the school's automatic!
Poor man.

I got my license at 16 and my first car at 18.
I remember racing other cars going backwards down old gravel roads and spinning donuts in snowy parking lots.
(Don't follow my example, young lady!)

I stopped driving 3 years ago when my eyesight started to scare me.

Congratulations Luna.
It's a lovely moment when you get that little piece of paper with the embarrassingly ugly picture on it.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LardLad:
Yeah, definitely. I'm glad my grandpa, who's pushing 90, acknowledges this and drives very infrequently now.

My father, for years, would not drive at night because he had no night vision.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LardLad:
I failed the driver's test three times before finally passing it...barely. I just got so frikkin' nervous taking the test! And learning under my dad's tutelage? A nightmare! He had no patience and a hair-trigger temper. Ugh! [Shudder]

I took three tries (and going to a different state) to get mine. On my first try, while waiting to go, I saw an even more nervous driver. The parking lot had the standard H shape of parking spot. This one woman got in for her road test and instead of pulling out, she put the car in reverse and hit the car parked behind her. The driving school instructor also told us that the Registry guy she had was the toughest one at that Registry.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Curious...Can this thread talk about other things you "need to know", or does it have to be all about driver's licenses? Terry?

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.