Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Victorian Flirting Thread (Page 23)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26   
Author Topic: Victorian Flirting Thread
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
My dear friends, the sopha is still available, along with an ample supply of Aunt Ida's Special Lemonade. Do favour us with your most esteemed company. If you need to relax, I am most certain I can find ways of relieving your tension.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Mr. Ram Boy,

Would you and that delight fellow you have playing Ganymede be willing to put on a private show at my estate? I am having a few friends over for the weekend and would like them to have a memorable stay.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
I was on an outing in my motorcar. It was a lovely day, the wind whipping our scarves gayly. I just love the way the sun sparkles on the Hermes silk in the wind. But enough about that. We had the most dreadful mishap. I swerved to avoid a chipmunk and his beloved acorn, and in doing so, managed to find the only pothole on Windy Lane. Wouldn't you know it, I busted a spoke.

Which brings me to the point of this, my dear Quislet. Would it be too much of an imposition for Bryce, my manservant, and me to spend the weekend at your quaint country estate. We'll be no trouble at all. I dare say, you'll scarcely see us, except for tea. I do remember fondly, Aunt Ida's lemonade and do look forward to a sip or two.

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
My dear dear friend Semi Transparent Fellow,

You know that you and anyone you would like to bring are welcome at anytime on my estate. I have your favorite room already and well provisioned.

If you have time, would you care to join me in a smashing game of croquet? Greek rules, of course.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, what a delightful happenstance!

I would simply adore a weekend in the country on your estate, Mr. Quislet! In fact, I would adore it almost as much as I would the prospect of watching Mr. Semi Transparent Fellow be gayly whipped by Boreas, Zephyrus, Notus and Erus

*blush

And, oh, but of course, Clive and I would honored to perform our tastefully orchestrated rendition of Classical Greek vase art for you and your distinguished gentlemen friends.

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, Mssrs. Fellow, Quislet and Ram, I do we cam enjoy some frivolity. My man has offered to ensure that your glasses will remain filled to the brim with Aunt Ida's delightful elixir the whole week-end.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Sirs, might a lady request a small glass of Aunt Ida's finest? I do apologize for being so tardy, but I was waiting for my best fan to be relaundered and pressed. It wouldn't do to travel about with soiled lace nor despoiled flowers, after all, even amongst one's close friends.

[undoes fan, peeks over the top of it]

I do hope that it's not too early in the season for blue forget-me-nots over shell pink lace.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

My dear Miss Cleome, that fan is lovely. I shouldn't think it ever inappropriate.

What say I have my man fetch more of a certain delightful elixir?

--------------------

cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
You're as kind as you are handsome, Dear Sir.

Please do help yourself to some of these Petits Fours while they're still at their freshest.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

My dear Miss cleome,

Those Petit Fours look simply scrumptious. But with my diet, I should not have any. But it would be ever so rude of me not to try one, wouldn't it. Oh they are so light and dainty and moist. Those are of a different flavor you say. Well I shpuld try one of those too. Just to not be rude. Mmmmmm...

Oh and let my manservant, Adonis, refill your glass with more of Aunt Ida's special lemonade.

--------------------

Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Heavens! Did I here someone say, "Petit Fours"?

As it so happens, that was the name of the all-boy Victorian band I was honored to be a member of before I joined Legion World. And, oh, what a delightful time Bedford, Cornelius, Llewellyn and I had as we toured the provinces, singing harmoniously, and bathing in rivers while the sun glistened off of our pale muscular frames!

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

[sips demurely from the first lemonade of the day]

Thank you, Dear Sir.

I hope I won't be thought too forward in complementing the current state of dear Mr. Quislet's form. I imagine a brisk walk in the park later today should deal quite nicely with any minute indulgences that we might pursue at this hour.

Perhaps after our promenade, Mr. Ram Boy could be persuaded to favor us with a tender melody or two?

[ April 10, 2011, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

With Dear Aunt Ida's iced tea becoming the rage, it seemed an agreeable time to proffer this thread.

There is still ample room on the sopha.

--------------------

cleome46

Mr. Rockhopper Lad! What a delightful surprise to see you here! I was just outside in the gardens, fetching a few late-blooming salvias for the arrangement atop the piano. I had the cook bring in some delightful scones, with jam and butter, that she baked just an hour ago. Please avail yourself of one or two while they're still warm... should you feel so inclined. With the summer season nearly over, I get so few opportunities to show off good silver and linen like this.

[ September 05, 2011, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: cleome45 ]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

My dear Miss cleome,

Would you terribly mind if I borrow Mr. Rockhopper Lad for a bit? I have some etching in my bedroom that I think he will be interested in.

--------------------

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.