Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Victorian Flirting Thread (Page 25)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26   
Author Topic: Victorian Flirting Thread
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
It's so easy to impress people with green ink isn't it???
[Hmmm?]

[LOL]

I know ... my Victorian flirting skills need work.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
My dear Mr. King, your language is quite... interesting. You are not from these parts, are you?

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Ah, both Miss Cleome and Mr Brainiac raise epistolary writing to a high art form. Well done, my friends.

My dear Mr. Rockhopper, that is such high praise indeed, coming from one with such class as you!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you, Mr. Brainiac. You are always so kind. Do please have some more of Aunt Ida's Special Lemonade. Perchance afterward we may want to take a walk by the river and have some riparian entertainments.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Why yes, Mr. Rockhopper, I shall gladly accept your delightful invitation!

Here, please also have some more lemonade. Would you prefer honey or sugar?

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you. I think Aunt Ida's lemonade is delicious as it is. She says what makes it sweet is also what gives it other properties.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Oh dear, I apologize most profusely. I certainly did not intend to imply that Aunt Ida's lemonade was imperfect in any way.

It is just that, where I come from, our drinks are positively swimming in syrup and sugar.

I heartily agree with you, Aunt Ida's lemonade is just wonderful. One sip and I feel invigorated already!

--------------------

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Gentlemen, you know I enjoy a dalliance with Aunt Ida's special concoction, as much as the next brigand, but the time has come to set aside childish things, and as the dark lady doth beseech, "screw your courage to the sticking place." I implore you give me pause. My delightful manservant, Bryce, has embarked upon a misadventure of Homeric proportions. Not barely a fortnight ago, he said he was leaving to go cruising. I am quite beside myself with worry for his safety. Why the poor young man wouldn't know the difference between an astrolabe and a sextant.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Not at all, dear fellow. We all have different tastes. Chacun a son gout, as they say. Though I have yet to meet a gentleman who didn't fancy Aunt Ida's special elixir.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

My Dear Mr. Fellow, how good it is to see you again after all this time!

Dear, dear, what a predicament. Have you not heard from Mr. Bryce all this time, then? Perhaps we should indeed "screw our courage", and set out to find him. If the poor chap is indeed in a bind, he may need us to extricate him.

Lead the way then, Mr. Fellow!

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Ah, Mr Fellow, I did not see you come in. It is wonderful to see you again. And fear not, we shall find your man.

--------------------

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Jolly well. But first, let us indulge ourselves in shopping for provisions. Off we are then, to the expedition outfitters. Pith helmets for all.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Not at all, dear fellow. We all have different tastes. Chacun a son gout, as they say. Though I have yet to meet a gentleman who didn't fancy Aunt Ida's special elixir.

Thank you, my dear Mr. Rockhopper. I must say, I agree - that anyone would not find Aunt Ida's lemonade delicious is beyond me.

quote:
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
Jolly well. But first, let us indulge ourselves in shopping for provisions. Off we are then, to the expedition outfitters. Pith helmets for all.

Yes, it would not do to be dressed in less than the best.

I say, these tweed jackets are simply marvelous. You must try one on. And these stout boots would fit your dashing figure quite well.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
The mere thought of manservant Bryce out there without the assistance of an astrolabe or sextant fills me with a sense of foreboding.

*Swoons onto a sopha*

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, Gracious!

[rushes inside, removes shawl and hat]

My dear young man, how wonderful to see you looking so fit and so well again!

[hands IB the smelling salts]

Gentlemen, please see to poor Mr. Quislet. I shall dash to the pantry and fetch him a small nip of brandy, just in case some stronger measures are needed! I dare say the poor dear looks positively wilted!

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Heavens! Quickly, Misters Rockhopper and Fellow, let us assist Miss Cleome in reviving poor Mister Quislet.

Now, Mister Quislet, please allow me to assist you in taking your footwear off. I daresay you would be much more relaxed without them.

--------------------

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.