Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Election Discussion Thread: Feb 09 Edition (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Election Discussion Thread: Feb 09 Edition
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Which reminds me ... I think we should have random drug testing for all candidates ...

<splash>

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3-G
If looks could kill..

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3-G   Author's Homepage   Email 3-G         Edit/Delete Post     
Random drugs?
I'm out of practice, you guys will probably score a LOT higher on a test. Do you plan to grade on a curve?

--------------------
I'm too sexy for my shirt.

From: Brightonopolis | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry. I'm completely whizz-depleted after having applied to every temp agency within a 45K-mile radius in the last year. Just offer one of them five bucks for a copy of the results, if you really wanna'.

I was rather hoping that Lardy would be running on the legalize-it-all-let-god-sort-it-out platform, myself. But he'll have to clarify that in his own postings. Of course, I will abide by his decisions regarding the platform, regardless of personal beliefs.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope that's not a test for caffeine. I'm an addict and I LOVE it, I refuse rehab! Legalize Coffee!!

So..back to business.

I've had a chat with a number of potential candidates for Deputy but the rule for not using alts has been a stumbling block in negotiations. Interestingly there's not a single one of them who were willing to reveal their secret identities in a Senate hearing. Go figure.

The cries of "Draft Pov!" rang loud and clear across the breadth and depth of Legion World. The rising clamor from the rank-and-file members of the Legion have been heard and their wishes are known to all of us. Therefore, recognizing the love and the needs of the canon fodder our dear friends and fellow heroes, Poverty Lad has agreed to join me in the quest for absolute power believable leadership cruel domination defensible priorities and wealth beyond my wildest dreams responsible government.

Pov is a well known and is probably the second most beloved poster in all of Legion World. His years of dedication and snark have lightened out hearts and opened our inner giggle many times over his years of service and stalwart membership.

I await only his officially accepting of the nomination. I'm eternally grateful that a man of Poverty Lad's fortitude and lack of pants has agreed to join with me at this time.

Thank you Pov
and
Long Live the Legion!

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm. Somehow I don't see a pantsless candidate as being all that radical an idea for a board teeming with superheroes.

BTW, I don't go pantsless and the only things "Brazilian" that interest me are feijoada and acoustic-based bossa nova. So let's hope all the talk in the air about "celebrating diversity" doesn't turn out to be just more hollow posturing. Hmph.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, it works for Doc Manhattan.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey! now, just because he's blue, and blue is a primary color, that doesn't make him yours.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Hey, it works for Doc Manhattan.

Oh, like anyone is gonna' dare walk over there and tell him that it's not working ! Hmph.

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
So, do we know who all is running yet?

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Lard Lad with running mate cleome
Gary Concord (aka Gary Carter) with running mate Frio
Helena Handbasket with running mate Everyday Girl
Yellow Kid with tentative running mate Pov

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know why, but I think that "The LMBP is going to Helena Handbasket" is amusing [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Election Tyrant
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Election Tyrant           Edit/Delete Post     
Nominations are now over. This thread should be de-headlined, and in its place the 'Record your Vote Here' thread will be headlined.

The Election Debate thread shall remain headlined until the final votes are cast.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.