Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill This Thread VI: The 24-Hour Version, Part II (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Kill This Thread VI: The 24-Hour Version, Part II
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
I haven't seen Sesame Street in many years. My understanding is that it is but a shadow of its former self. [Frown]

Yeah. I think they really dumbed it down, personally. [sigh]

But if anyone could revitalize it AND be evil enough to kill the thread at Yuletide, it would be a legacy supervillain!

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Elmo: "Gee, Miss Frost, what did you do to that monster?"

Emma: "Fried his brain like an egg, darling."

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This was my all-time favorite Sesame Street segment! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't figure out why they needed to give Emma crystal-type powers when she was already almost as powerful a telepath as Jean/Phoenix.

Of course, if she fried Elmo's brain nobody would know the difference. Feh.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Cleome, the diamond powers were because the writer needed a way for her to survive the attack on Genosha by a newer, deadlier model of Sentinels.

Pretty lame either way, though.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Confession time: I had to look up who Emma Frost was. I am fairly clueless when it comes to Marvel characters.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Just out of curiosity, Rocky, what is it about Marvel that puts you off?

--------------------

cleome46

I used to be the world's biggest Marvel-head, but this go-round I'm really only interested in Daredevil.

One of their former editors making an ass of himself on Twitter last month didn't exactly give me warm fan-fuzzies, either.

--------------------

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Die You Bastich Thread!!!

DIE!! DIE!! DIE!!

Paid for by the Committee to Kill This Thread! Which, of course, reserves the right to expand the comments contained herein as necessary at some undefined later date.

OOPsies! Wrong Thread! [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I don't think it's anything in particular about Marvel, Fanfie, other than I feel a strong loyalty to DC. I think I'd feel I was betraying the DCU or something. It's a habit of a lifetime that I don't think I could change.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Have you watched the any of Marvel's recent movies? What I like about Marvel is their character and team designs, while I feel DC has better stories.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I've seen some of them, but I wait to see them on DVD from the library. It's weird, I know, but I've been a loyal DC fan since the old Super Friends show in the '70s.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Super Friends was my introduction to the whole superhero thing. I'm particularly fond of the next-to-last season. Frank Welker and Rene Auberjonois did wonderful voice acting as, respectively, Darkseid and DeSaad.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

You know I love that show, Fanfie. I think Wonder Twin Zan was one of my first cartoon crushes. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
For some reason, the scene where Darkseid and his minions are at a an intergalactic crime action and he bids "one bleen" on the item he wants has always stood out in my memory!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  14  15  16   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.