Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Ask Fanfic Lady (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Ask Fanfic Lady
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth, what was it like growing up in South America? Where dod you live, and how long did you live there?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Ram Boy, Italian art-gore movies were Italian horror and murder mystery movies made in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. They featured astouding visuals created on modest budgets, a generally misanthropic view of humanity, and some very Catholic anxieties about sexuality and personal identity. Off the top of my head, the most essential ones would definitely include: Black Sunday, Blood and Black Lace, The Bird with the Crystal Plummage, Five Dolls for an August Moon, Lisa and the Devil, A Lizard in a Woman's Skin, Don't Torture a Duckling, Four Flies on Grey Velvet, Deep Red, Suspiria, Zombie, The Beyond, City of the Living Dead, The House by the Cemetery, Tenebrae, Demons, Demons 2, Opera, The Church, and The Sect.

Kent, I lived in Ecuador from kindergarten through my sophomore year of high school. One of the best things about growing up there was the absence of the sensory-overload culture of the States, and I also gained a greater appreciation of certain comforts that a lot of people who grew up in the States take for granted. But there was not much more that can be filtered thru rose-colored lenses -- during the time I lived there, we had political corruption of the kind not seen in the States until the current administration, we had constant blackouts and water shortages, and skyrocketing rates of crime, violence, and strikes; then there were the toxic levels of misogyny and racism and classism and homophobia (trust me, as bad as they are in the States, they're much worse over there.) The States may be far from perfect, but it's still one of the better places to live in, and I'm grateful every day that I live here.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth, when are you coming home?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth, I miss you! I grabbed the issues of New Warriors v1 you suggested, though, and am planning to read them once my life relaxes a bit. Will you be around to commiserate with when I'm done?

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth, care to share any highlights from your adventure?
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
FC, I got back home last night, but I knew I was too tired to be at my best, so I decided I'd make Tuesday night my big return to Legion World.

Cali, I've missed you too. [Hug] Fangirls forever! And I'm very glad that you've gotten the early New Warriors v. 1 issues -- I will most definitely be here to comisserate about them.

Ram Boy, the highlights for me were, as usual, adding to my collections. I found, in no particular order: a used CD of the soundtrack of one of my favorite movies, The Last of the Mohicans (I've had it on cassette for almost 15 years, and that's probably not gonna last much longer); a used vinyl copy of one of my favorite 70s rock albums, Mott the Hoople's "The Hoople", which I'm sure will sound even better than the CD; a used DVD of Shampoo, one of the few award-winning 70s movies I haven't seen yet (the 70s really is my personal golden age of cinema); and used paperbacks of two of the novels in E.E. "Doc" Smith's Lensman series, which I've heard were a big influence on my favorite LSH writer, Paul Levitz.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Stealth, will you allow me to welcome you home with a big...

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Kent, I would be glad to. Thank you.

--------------------

Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth, when called upon to help save the UNIVERSE from unspeakable EVIL what would you do?

And also, whazup?

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Hi, Ram Boy. [Smile]

I would turn into Amora the Enchantress and zap the evil away with a flick of my wrist.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth,
How would you respond to this thread Bring a famous person to the present day - what would you show them

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth, is it really dry where you are in Florida?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Quis, I'm sorry that last night I forgot to mention here that I posted a reply in the other thread.

Cramer, we're not doing too bad at the moment, getting some rain every few days, enough to balance things out just right.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Stealth, how may we amuse/entertain you on your birthday?
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Oh, my.

How about...

Play a recording of the Australian radio interview from a couple years ago where animal-rights activists confronted Jennifer Blow-pez and she reacted like the proverbial deer in the headlights. That'll be good for a laugh.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.