Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The LMBP Senate (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The LMBP Senate
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I really did like him better when he had eyes.

<takes out Omnicom, sends own message to both Chiefs, then puts it away and approaches the nearest Senator.>

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Just out of curiousity, when exactly did this Senate gain the authority to grant anything to the Security Office? This is an advisory committee to the LMBP Leadership. We really have no power over the Security Office.

I think, perhaps, the name "Senate" is confusing some people.

< Looks over at Lard Lad, a worried frown on her face >

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Lard Lad, allow me to speak.

<rises>

Perhaps its better if I say something, since I’m the LMBer most associated with the Security Office and I know many eyes on this Senate are on me. Further, I know our friendship is a matter of public record and I don’t want my intentions to be misconstrued.

So allow me to begin. This entity, the LMB Senate, has always existed as an advisory committee that serves the LMB Leader should she or he wish to get some advice on something she or he would consider a serious matter. Never, in its existence, has it been used to create policy or dictate to the membership at large changes in protocol. Further, it has never had any standing relationship with the Office of Security in any form whatsoever, as there has always been a strong theme of keeping that office separate from the LMB Leader and executive offices. Indeed, Security Office matters are more likely to be discussed among myself, the Legion World Founders and the Legion of Deputy Leaders, who has some ties and powers relating to Security Office matters.

All this is very good and very beneficial to Legion World and more directly—to the LMBP itself. You see, we cannot allow a small group of LMBers to become the acting body among a much larger membership. Such a thing would castrate the decision making process and open democracy that the LMB has long prided itself on. You should know this, old friend, as you were there at the beginning.

Such emergency powers appear reactionary and are calling down a storm that most will not want to weather. You were not here for the long ‘Chip in Head Tech’ debates, and I can tell you, clear arguments were made against such technology and my point of view was swayed by passionate LMBers who believed that liberty should be kept always more sacred than security.

I’m afraid I cannot support you in this matter, and I contend that we must not only stand clear of these acts, but we must never succumb to the desire to use this body as a policy-making entity. It is strictly advisory to the LMB Leader and cannot—must not—become an entity governing the LMB membership at large.

<sits>

(Well Crujeckie…this has all come out of left field…and I don’t think its good for the LMB…)

[softer, quieter voice]Honestly Lardy, you should have gone to the Legion of Deputy Leaders…never the LMB Senate…[/softer, quieter voice]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
< Crujectra moves away from the other Senators and activates her communicator >

Father, I would like to discuss the Psyonian Protocols with you.

I'm concerned that we may need to modify them in the near future.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<notices Spellbinder moving away>

(Her and her brother have been forever the guardians of the LMBP, and don't take these notions kindly. Its that dedication that I love more than anything.)

(Be careful Lardy. You tread a thin line)

<turns to Loser Lad>

You know who would probably have something amusing to say right now? Lucien Lad.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<rubs forehead in frustration>

<resolve strengthening, he again takes the podium>

Look, I understand that many of you doubt my motives. Truthfully, I don't really blame you.

After all, I left the LMB not long after Legion World was founded...left for two years when my powers were stolen from me. And when I finally came back, the Dark Oval was on my tail, and they brought an invasion force with them! In the wake of us successfully repelling that invasion, Legion World was again threatened by a cult of 52 insurgents...

<pauses>

...we survived that, too, and finally began to return to some semblance of normalcy. But throughout all of that, when I returned after the two years, I fell in love with this world. Finally...finally I had a place to truly go home. And I had a...

<pauses again, wipes his eyes>

...wife.

<longer pause. Lardy's body quavers slightly>

Leaving Legion World to support her career was the hardest thing I've ever done. Ever. I enjoyed living on Zerox, but it wasn't home. Legion World is the only true home I've ever known...

<pause>

...and now I'm back for good.I've lost pretty much everyone and everything I've ever cared about. My nightclub, Hugh, my robot...Leelee.....Dru.........

<pauses again to gather himself, then spreads his arms>

...even my looks! I bear the scars of my battle with Mordru--people look at me, and they're afraid! They don't recognize me any more..they recoil from me. They...think I'm some kind of..of monster...

<pause>

Senators, all I have left are a few, precious friends, my roles in the LMB and the Security Office...and Legion World. I can't...I won't lose my home.

All I ask is that you give my request proper consideration. I have no hidden agenda...you've just heard it. And what I've said comes from the heart.

Maybe the Senate doesn't have the kind of power it needs to do what I ask...what I beg...you to do. But you are among the most influential citizens of our great world. I know you can make a difference somehow!

Friends, I believe Legion World is at a precipice. If you feel that you cannot endorse what I ask--then by whatever deities you hold sacred and by the great society we've built...do something!

I thank you.

<returns to his seat>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

I'm afraid that I cannot, in good conscience, support overstepping our authority to grant special powers to the Security Office. Powers which, I might add, are to be left up to the discretion of the Security Office.

If indeed there is a threat to Legion World on the horizon, then the LMBP shall fight to defend it, as we have done since coming here. And we can do so without compromising either our integrity or the civil liberties of our citizens.

The Office of Security is not the only entity on this planet capable of protecting our home. I think perhaps you should be looking at using the resources already at your disposal.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<puts hand on Crujeckie's>

Again, Lardy, you're showing that while your motives seem pure the enormity of what you're asking isn't being properly analyzed.

Trust me old friend, Legion World saw much worse while you were away, and will continue to see such threats. But we must be vigilant of our own vigilance. The Security Office cannot grow anymore powerful on Legion World.

You must look to the LMB itself to combat the great threats when they appear.

<softer voice>

I know you're in a great deal of pain and you're worried that you could be losing what you believe you have left, but no one entity...or person can carry the weight of the world on one pair of shoulders.

Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
<Walks into the room and directly up to the speaker's podium ignoring the stares and comments resulting from his unexpected entrance.>

Senators, Royals, Distinguished Guests, and yes even Senior Security Officers.

I know that my decision to address this august body will raise a few eyebrows but as I watched the testimony being presented here by LardLad and others I found myself wondering if perhaps the answers to a few unasked questions would clarify the current situation and galvanize this body.

Indeed, I found myself pondering these questions:

"What recommendation would the LMBP Senate make to the LMBP Leader if they knew ALL of the facts about how the Security Office has brought Legion World Unknowingly to the Brink of Disaster through the arrogance and conceit of it's leader, Cobalt Kid, and the incompetence of his hand picked Co-Security Chiefs, Abin Quank and matlock?"

"What recommendation would the LMBP Senate make to the LMBP Leader if they knew that Slim has held a former LMBP Deputy Leader, Stoopid Cat, CAPTIVE for many months now, with the Security Office Refusing to take any action against him?"

"What recommendation would the LMBP Senate make to the LMBP Leader if they knew that several private citizens, among them Pagan Lass and Space Tart have, on their own, attempted to rescue Stoopid Cat, failed, and been made captive by Slim, without the vaunted Security Office lifting the merest finger to aid them in any way?"

"What recommendation would the LMBP Senate make to the LMBP Leader if they knew that the only plan Cobalt Kid has proposed to abate this menace was instantly vetoed by his hand picked Co-Security Chiefs because he wanted a Seventeen Year Old GIRL to Lead the Attack?"

"What recommendation would the LMBP Senate make to the LMBP Leader if they knew that Seventeen Year Old Girl is in fact an Assistant Security Chief: a position she was given through sheerest nepotism given the fact that her uncle was one of the LMBP's Greatest Heroes and both of the Co-Security Chiefs are her Grandfathers?"

"What recommendation would the LMBP Senate make to the LMBP Leader if they knew that despite all of the questions I have just raised the primary concern that LardLad and the Security Office have in raising these issues before you today is Finding LardLad's poor little lost robot..."

Yes Senators, the Vaunted Security Office isn't concerned with citizens being kidnapped and held hostage, nor are they concerned with failed vigilantism, their concern is that poor little LardLad lost a TOY!

Senators What Recommendation will you make?

<Turns and leaves the room>

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<rises>

Forgive that intrusion Senators, but we have always been open to hear the words of others before, even those as blatantly idiotic as Mr. Concord.

I assure you I have been assessing the 'Slim situation' for sometime and am in the process of moving forward with a plan. I ask that Fat Cramer trust me in this matter, though I understand if she would like to assemble the LMB as a whole.

As always, I remind the LMB at large that the Security Office does not fall under its jursidication but is guided by a complex series of arrangments between the Legion World Founders, the LMBP and myself. There is little the Senate can do. But I will always listen to Fat Cramer, the LMBP Leader, who I have long respected and recieved advice from.

Its obvious Gary Concord is acting childish because he wants to be the hero on Legion World yet no one affords him any respect or cares about his opinions.

[ August 29, 2007, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Gary Concord, the Ultra Man:
"What recommendation would the LMBP Senate make to the LMBP Leader if they knew that Seventeen Year Old Girl is in fact an Assistant Security Chief: a position she was given through sheerest nepotism given the fact that her uncle was one of the LMBP's Greatest Heroes and both of the Co-Security Chiefs are her Grandfathers?"

<turns to Crujeckie>

Well, that confirms my long-held theory that Hrun is EDG's father. Matlock is his father, of course, so that makes EDG the product of Matlock, Hrun and the entire House of Quank. Talk about an LMB Legacy.

Of course that's why she's a security officer. I run the office independent of what anyone thinks. Nepotism or not, I care little of what anyone else thinks. But she has one secret ability that only I know, and that will prove us both right in the end.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Concord, the Ultra Man: "What recommendation would the LMBP Senate make to the LMBP Leader if they knew that despite all of the questions I have just raised the primary concern that LardLad and the Security Office have in raising these issues before you today is Finding LardLad's poor little lost robot..."

Yes Senators, the Vaunted Security Office isn't concerned with citizens being kidnapped and held hostage, nor are they concerned with failed vigilantism, their concern is that poor little LardLad lost a TOY!

[aside] It's not just a robot. Even Cobalt doesn't know the truth...[/aside]

[ August 30, 2007, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: Lard Lad ]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<sits near the back as the debate continues>

<to himself> Grife...not a single supporter, so far. Sprocking idiots!

<his Omnicom beeps>

Hm? The report form Griss at the Crime Lab?

<reads>

It wasn't my robot? <lets out a sigh of relief> Thank the gods!

So...if...IF Concord's telling the truth, my robot is either in Slim's or out wandering about looking for me...

But why would there be multiple robot duplicates of me in the first place? I had mine custom made! Unless...

<a memory sparks...something he's read...>

Omnicom!

<the Omnicom makes an affirmative breep at the prompt>

Bring up all the mission files from the two-year period when I was off Legion World before returning from Hrykosia...cross-index any reference made to myself.

processing...

<the files come up and he reads them with his rapt attention as the other Senators continue to debate...>

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<finishes reading>

So..."Lard Lad" did participate in LMB affairs while I was gone...somehow. They had to have used a robot...or robots. But why?

I know the robots had to have been used with Cobalt's knowledge--he knew I'd left to get my power back! Why did he have to keep the appearance that I'd never left, or at least still had a limited role...

<message breeps from the Omnicom>

<reads>

So...Cobalt and the others are finally planning to assault Slims..."other willing LMBers"...

<looks up and sees the Senators are no closer to taking the action he desires>

...hmph! No reason to stick around here! Sounds like going with Cobalt's my best course right now. We'll take down that Slim creep, find out if that's my robot in there...and when it's over, I can ask Cobalt about those robots...

pop

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
<wanders in>

Don't mind me, Senators, just checking out the cafeteria.

<wanders out>

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.