Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Ask Fanfic Lady (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Ask Fanfic Lady
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
...couldn't find that. sorry. [Frown]
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It's okay. I've organized a midnight screening of Dario Argento's Tenebrae over at the Synthetic Sanctuary -- in Italian with subtitles!

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth, you're judging a Battle of the Bands competition; Who would win the following matches and why?

- Psychedelic Furs vs. Echo and The Bunnymen

- The Bangles vs. The Go Go's

- New Order vs. The Cure

Or, if these battles leave you cold, which groups would you have liked to seen matched up?

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth, who is your favorite "Peanuts" character and why?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ram Boy:
Stealth, you're judging a Battle of the Bands competition; Who would win the following matches and why?

- Psychedelic Furs vs. Echo and The Bunnymen

- The Bangles vs. The Go Go's

- New Order vs. The Cure

- The Furs triumph over the Bunnymen. Richard Butler's lyrics are witty, sharp, and they actually have a point, unlike Ian McCulloch's.

- The Go-Gos beat the Bangles because they're more forward-thinking, being rooted in punk rather than psychedelic revivalism; nothing against psychedelic revivalism per se, but it takes a talent such as that of Julian Cope to make psychedelia RELEVANT as opposed to mere nostalgia.

- The Cure wins a decisive victory over New Order because, as with the Furs vs. Bunnymen battle, Robert Smith writes better and clearer lyrics than Barney Sumner, and Smith is a more affecting singer as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Stealth, who is your favorite "Peanuts" character and why?

Snoopy. He is the American equivalent of Winnie the Pooh: a wonderfully whimsical antropomorphic animal who lives in a world of his own, pursues simple pleasures, and almost always comes out on top. Anyone can relate to Snoopy.

Peppermint Patty is a close second because she, too, lives in a world of her own, and I find her the most endearing and engaging of the kids.

Marcie is third because she and Peppermint Patty are the greatest female comedy team in comics.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth,

Pretend that you are a lawyer. A former client of yours calls you at 3 am. Her boyfriend, whom she lives with, has just been arrested in a bar fight and she would like you to see about getting him out of jail. You talk to the botfriend in the jail where he tells you about the fight and the incidents leading up to it. He also tells you that he is HIV positive. He was a little concerned because he got a small cut in the fight. But he then realizes he actually got the cut when he was knocked down as the police entered. So he asks that you not tell anyone of his HIV status, including his girlfriend as she does not know.

The rules of professional responsibility states that all conversations between a lawyer and the client are to be held in strictest confidence. A lawyer may disclose information if nondisclosure could result in imminent death or great bodily harm.

So is the boyfriend your client and do you tell the girlfriend his HIV status?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Yes and yes. Sorry it's not a longer reply, but I'm at a rare loss for words. True-to-life situations do that to me sometimes.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
That's OK. The class discussion centered around "imminent" and "great bodily harm".

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth, any television shows you're into these days?
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth, can I thank you for being you?
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Stealth, any television shows you're into these days?

Not really. I watched a couple episodes of Fringe, but Joshua Jackson annoys me and the show itself annoyed me by being weird just for the sake of being weird; I watched the first episode of Dollhouse, then forgot to watch the second episode, which I took as a hint that I wasn't really interested.

On cable, I watch the VH1 Top 20 Countdown, even though (or because?) most of the music is terrible. A couple years ago, I went through a Food Network phase, and more recently, I went through a Disney Channel phase, but their shows aren't as good -- good as in: fun for both kids and kids-at-heart -- as they used to be, although I'm very much looking forward to the "Princess Protection Program" Disney Channel Original Movie.

quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
Stealth, can I thank you for being you?

You certainly can. [Hug]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Though she now has a different name and has nearly 8000 posts, I think we can all benefit from the wit and wisdom of Fanfie! [Big Grin]

Fanfie, what is your favorite thing to have for lunch?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Awwww...thank you, Rocky.

Tuna salad sandwich on white with an ice-cold Tab.

--------------------

cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Fanfic Lady, have you considered providing some version of the Holiday Toast this year, if we can't get Kent to make a cameo?

Also, what was the best-received gift you ever gave someone for Christmas/winter fest of choice?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Wow. I hadn't thought of it. I'm honored you would think of me as a possibility. I'll get back to you on that.

The best-receieved gift I ever gave someone for Christmas was a figurine of a mother and baby dolphins to my mother.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.