Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Legion World HOT 100 -- 2011 edition (Page 56)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  53  54  55  56  57  58   
Author Topic: Legion World HOT 100 -- 2011 edition
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:
It's not like LW is being choked with post-pumping spamminess. I don't see many pointless threads. Inane, for sure, and quite a few don't interest me, but not pointless. In each one, at least two people are finding something worth their time or the thread fades away.

Most nights, I don't go to a bar or the backyard and hang out with my buds. (None of my local buds know squat about Legion anyway.) I come to LW to chill, laugh, commiserate, and plague you guys...and sometimes to be serious about social ills and Legion stories.

Folks who are looking just for Legion/comic discourse can find it here. Even better is that you can also sit at the cool table and talk about anything. It's dope.

Did you just use the word "dope" in a sentence?

SICK! [Big Grin]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[Confused]

I take it that "dope" is the new "bad"?!

[Feeling crotchety, HWL joins rickshaw1 on the front porch to drink beer and complain about the young whippersnappers.]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
quote:
Originally posted by He Who LSHes:
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
I'm only a year out of school and I already miss doing homework. Things were so simple back then...

Become a teacher. [Yes]
I Wish I Could Go Back to College...

Hmm, becoming a teacher sounds like a good alternative, though I don't know if my work schedule will allow it. Food for thought though...

That video's a classic! Thanks for sharing it. I may share it with my classes.

The funny thing about going back to college *as a teacher* is that I'm sometimes the oldest guy in the class (some of my students are older than I am), and that's a good thing! I'm the guy who's been through the experiences they are going through now. I survived and benefited from those experiences . . . and so can they.

Last night, my lit class went to the library for an orientation. A librarian took us through all the resources students have at their disposal for doing a research paper. (And students today have it much easier! Many of the sources are online via databases and the Internet -- a world of research at your fingertips!)

It reminded me of a similar library orientation I went on in (gasp) 1982. After the orientation, the professor turned us loose, letting us wander the library to find the sources we needed. I did the same thing last night.

That experience didn't mean much to me in 1982, but it took on greater significance in the following years, when I'd go to the library to do research on other projects. There's a sense of "You're an adult now. Here's the information to find what you need. Now go to it. Nobody's going to hold your hand. Nobody's going to check up on you. You are responsible for the outcome of your project. But you can also decide how you want to proceed, and you can budget time to goof off, if you wish."

It was interesting to pass on that experience to another group of students nearly 30 years later!

But, yes, teaching takes a lot of time and commitment -- and even sacrifice. It's not for everyone, but it is the most rewarding job I've ever had.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Dope was a popular saying circa 1991-1994. [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Gee, I am old. [Eek!]

--------------------

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Dope was a popular saying circa 1991-1994. [Big Grin]

Word up, Hommie.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
HWL,

A lot of the most important people in my life have been teachers. I totally get what you're saying - and [Cheers] to you for taking that job.

Glad you liked the video. It was one of my theme songs while I was going through quarter-life crisis (glad my classmates and good friends were there to go through it with me!). What I loved (in hindsight) about college was that it was a time of great independence and exploration, but there was enough structure that you didn't get overwhelmed with everything.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who LSHes:
[Confused]

I take it that "dope" is the new "bad"?!

[Feeling crotchety, HWL joins rickshaw1 on the front porch to drink beer and complain about the young whippersnappers.]

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
hehehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0XLKcMoXRE

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Old people can be so space-adorable! *looks at all the old people*

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah ... they're not the Hot Youngbloods like you and I are! [Wink]
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LASHbrain:

Wish of Lash to hold off on his lascivious glares. Those things might be too much for our older comrades [Wink]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[sticks out cane and trips both LASH and IBby]

Damn brats! Now leave me alone while I drink my Ensure™!

And no flirting while Matlock's on!

[grumble]

[TimeTrapper]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LASHbrain:

I thought you were older than me sassy pants.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't be space-ridiculous! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  53  54  55  56  57  58   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.