Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Hruns Hall of Vallhalla (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Hruns Hall of Vallhalla
Hrun the Barbarian
Barbarian Warrior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrun the Barbarian   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Since these rooms were empty, (except for a few dozen mewling ceorls) I have taken them as my abode.

All honorable warriors who come as friends are welcome. My slaves will see to your every whim.

Come there is meat, fish and fresh baked bread.

Lets us raise our horns and drink Mead to the Gods.

Lash Slave you may oil my body now. I wish to look my best for my guests.

[ July 24, 2004, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: Hrun the Barbarian ]

--------------------
Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!

From: The Northern Wall | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Hrun, I just stopped in to bring you a hall-warming gift. There are ten kegs of mead outside. Perhaps your barbarian hordes could help bring them in. And one other thing - a special axe-proof dart board for your gaming pleasure. I had Emerald Empress enchant it with a self-healing spell. So destroy it all you wish, it will repair itself before you can inoke Odin's name.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hrun the Barbarian
Barbarian Warrior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrun the Barbarian   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"See thru man, I welcome you to my Hall. Your gifts are warmly accepted.

Lash Slave shall bring the mead into my hall. You may watch his sweating muscled body closely as he does so, to ensure he does not damage the mead in any way."

Hrun throws axe at Dart board, it splits and reforms immediately.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I like this. Please take this, a gift for a gift [Venturan Walking Money]

--------------------
Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!

From: The Northern Wall | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
I like it - what is it? [Confused]
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I gladly enter, might barbarian!

I present you ten of my finest groupies, to provide wenching entertainment for us and your guests!

<Hurls axe at dartboard>

HA! Let the drinking continue!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Hrun! Just stopped by to welcome you to the neighborhood. The Hall looks great. I particularly like the open fire pits. Is that wild boar roasting on a spit over there?

I see Semi has already brought you plenty of mead and a terrific axe resistant dart board, so I brought you a hand made Hrun Coat of Arms to be proudly displayed just above your high seat in the Hall! Hope you like it, I had it imported from far, far away just for you [Big Grin]

[ July 24, 2004, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: Varalent ]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hrun the Barbarian
Barbarian Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I gladly enter, might barbarian!

I present you ten of my finest groupies, to provide wenching entertainment for us and your guests!

<Hurls axe at dartboard>

HA! Let the drinking continue!

"noble Cobaltus hail and well met".

<throws axe at cobalts axe, splitting it in two down the haft >

"Wench go over there and bring us mead.

Lash slave, more food"

--------------------
Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!

Hrun the Barbarian
Barbarian Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Varalent:
Hi Hrun! Just stopped by to welcome you to the neighborhood. The Hall looks great. I particularly like the open fire pits. Is that wild boar roasting on a spit over there?

I see Semi has already brought you plenty of mead and a terrific axe resistant dart board, so I brought you a hand made Hrun Coat of Arms to be proudly displayed just above your high seat in the Hall! Hope you like it, I had it imported from far, far away just for you [Big Grin]

Lash Slave hurry, bring some roasted boar for my guest.

Thank you for your gift. The helm and coat of mail will hang above my high seat in a place of honour. I can see from the workmanship that it indeed has travelled Far. Such superior work is above the craft of the smiths you have here.

Now sit by the fire, drink and join us in song.

--------------------
Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice hall and all, Hrun. Now let's hear that great love song of jorvik! It should bring back memories of my youth.

I brought you 10 beehives. That should add enough honey for increased mead production. Seeing as how you seem to be the sociable entertaining sort, I expect you'll be throwing a lot of parties. And axes.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I dig the decor, Hrun. Great job! The Mighty Quinn M. would be proud.

I don't have much to offer to a new neighbor, outside of a handshake and some wood for the fire that I happened to stumble upon down the way.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hrun the Barbarian
Barbarian Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Future:
I dig the decor, Hrun. Great job! The Mighty Quinn M. would be proud.

I don't have much to offer to a new neighbor, outside of a handshake and some wood for the fire that I happened to stumble upon down the way.

throw the wood in the fire pits brave warrior. your gift to Hrun is a fine one indeed.

i offer you [Venturan Walking Money]

Now sit and eat of my table

--------------------
Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!

Hrun the Barbarian
Barbarian Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Nice hall and all, Hrun. Now let's hear that great love song of jorvik! It should bring back memories of my youth.

I brought you 10 beehives. That should add enough honey for increased mead production. Seeing as how you seem to be the sociable entertaining sort, I expect you'll be throwing a lot of parties. And axes.

Beehives! Oh most Noble lady, tis a great gift you bring. Slaves. Take this to my fields at once.

And now fair maiden, please sit here at my right hand. Perhaps you will take some food?

<claps hands>

Bring me my bard that he might sing for the most beauteous maiden in this Hall.

--------------------
Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Your majestic Hrun! While I may lack the well-developed musculature that made your former slave so fit for physical labor, my skill as a bard and court jester are impeccable! I ask that I might be blessed with the opportunity to entertain this beauteous maiden of whom you speak!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hrun the Barbarian
Barbarian Warrior

So be it.

You must sing a love song. the most moving one you know, tho it will be but a pale echo of the loveliness of m'lady Cramer.

sing it well and a gold belt with a fine, well crafted hunting dagger will be yours

Now bring more food and drink for my guests

--------------------
Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
My greatest wish is that this might please both you and the lovely Miss Cramer!

<begins to sing and strum lute>

Alone by the fire, a warrior I knew
Told me this tale, and I pray it is true.

From far Ansteorra our dragon-ship came
To fight for good Halidar on Lilied plain
My sword I had lent seeking honor and fame
Or Odin's great hall in the fray

We charged into battle, the sun beating high
Our battle-horns sounding a victory nigh
Our spears crossed their arrows like hawks in the sky
Leaving many men dead on the way

Sing me no songs of angels I pray
For a Valkyrie found me in battle that day

The battle was long and the sun was like fire
The heat drove us down like a funeral pyre
Though many I'd slain, now my bloodlust did tire
Struck down by the heat of the day

The battle moved onward from where I was laid
I drew of my helmet to rest in the shade
When a soft even tread, like the wind in a glade
Brought a daughter of Asgard my way

She gave me cool drink 'till my wits came again
Be fore I could speak she was gone like the wind
Had I but died, I could follow her then
But I lay with the living that day

Long I did search, a full year I have mourned
And told all my brothers this love I have bourne
But she is of Asgard, and I of this shore
So here with my brothers I stay

True to this dream like the tale I have told
Close to my heart, a small pouch I still hold
And in it a lock of her hair pure as gold
This I carry to battle this day

Alone by the fire
A warrior I knew
Told me this tale
And I pray it is true.....

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.