Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Ask Fanfic Lady (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Ask Fanfic Lady
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, ask her questions! Give her a hand to reach the 1000 post milestone without resorting to the time-tested one-word post gambit that so many of us have used.

Stealth! What's your favourite genre of novel - mystery? historical? contemporary? books about doors?

[ December 04, 2011, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady Fanfic Lady has just turned 43
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
This thread is very much appreciated, FC.

I don't often read novels anymore, but when I did I was way into horror for several years, especially the early works of Clive Barker.

My favorite thing to read is non-fiction about the entertainment industry -- truth is indeed stranger than fiction.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth, what is your all-time-favourite-must-watch old movie?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth, who do you prefer Julian Cope or Elvis Costello?
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Rockhopper Lad,

Truffaut's "Day for Night" (1974). Insightful, sad, and beautifully crafted.

Ram Boy,

Definitely Cope. They've both taken a lot of chances, but I think Cope's chances are far more daring, and he's never tried to recapture lightning in a bottle by returning to his early sound, the way Costello has attempted to do more than once. I don't like all of Cope's stylistic choices (IMO, he's gotten stuck in an acid-rock rut in recent years), but I respect that he's willing to follow his muse even when it might alienate many of his fans.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth,

What is your favorite genre of entertainment non-fiction? I love reading rock group bios because all of human experience -- greed, betrayal, lust, dysfunctional families, dreams, hope, and adaptation to change -- are represented.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Now my heart is full

HWW,

I would say my favorite genre is behind-the-scenes of television. I think TV has gotten better than movies in recent years, which is why it fascinates me how such a pressure-cooker environment can yield a few quality shows amid so much mediocrity.

--------------------

Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Let's see if I can stump Stealth. Curve, Catherine Wheel, The Darling Buds, Voice of the Beehive, Throwing Muses. Who doesn't belong in this line up.(sorry if it's too obvious)
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth,

What food product did you like as a child that is no longer available?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Now my heart is full

Ram Boy,

I admit I am stumped. I know a lot more about the musicians who started in the late 70s/early 80s than the ones who started in the late 80s/early 90s.

Rockhopper Lad,

I've got a super-obscure one: Sip-Ups.

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I remember the commercial jingle: "We're doing Sip-Ups".

New question:

Creamy peanut butter or smooth?

[ May 16, 2007, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------

Now my heart is full

Creamy, for sure. It's dreamy.

--------------------

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Stealth, who's your favorite PAD X-Factor character? And how'd you get into comics, anyway?

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Oops. I meant "crunchy". Creamy and smooth are the same thing. Oh well.

New question (we'll get you to 1000 tonight):

Any pets?

--------------------

Now my heart is full

Strangely enough, I've never tried crunchy.

No pets, but I have a lot of toy animals.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.