Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » the ALL-CLEAR YOUR PMs!!!! thread (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: the ALL-CLEAR YOUR PMs!!!! thread
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
To be used whenever you try to PM someone and you can't because they have too many PMs!

I try to keep mine right at 58 or 59, but it is hard, becuase I have kept so many I can't part with over the years (most of which are about various writing/art projects here on LW).

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
i don't have any pm's to clear.

[Frown]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Now you do! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
thanks! I just deleted it ... just in case 60 people decide to pm me within the next few minutes.

whew. that was a close one.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll always cherish my pm from Rodney Leon Potts!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
thanks! I just deleted it ... just in case 60 people decide to pm me within the next few minutes.

whew. that was a close one.

This sounds like a dare to me...

--------------------

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm game.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Note: Please don't confuse this with "the ALL-CLEAR YOUR PMS!!!!! thread"!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Tch. I can't believe it took so long for the obligatory PMS joke to show up. You slackers.

Incidentally, I'm having one of my quasi-annual, disorganized, attempt-to-get-organized-by-chucking-out-random-unnecessary-things days. (Anything to avoid another look at the job listings, right?) I found an old copy of Jack Kirby's Battle For A 3-D World, still with the glasses and everything. If anybody wants it, PM me. (No charge, unless you have to have it sent by Priority Mail or something.)

(For the life of me, I couldn't think of where else to place this. If you want it somewhere else, Mods, you know what to do.)

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Bah! I PMed Abin this morning with like 5 paragraphs and it totally didn't go through, so when I 'back buttoned' it, it was gone. I'll never remember what poetic words I spoke!

My most cherished PM is the one from Nighty welcoming me from Legion World!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I have one saved that I'll never delete. It's from art regarding a chat that was happening at the time.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Does anyone have good suggestions re: old PMs, such as how to save them on your computer as a document or web page or whatever?

Instructions appreciated (if appropriate).

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Hello Everyone,
My name is Sketch Lad... and I'm a PM hoarder! Well!... I might use those PMs some day! I know as soon as I delete one, I'll wish I had the valuable information it contained.

I'm working on it.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
Does anyone have good suggestions re: old PMs, such as how to save them on your computer as a document or web page or whatever?

Instructions appreciated (if appropriate).

I've saved several in the past where I've had long conversations on Legion ideas or LMB ideas (with Lardy, Reboot), etc. A minor worry is that even though they're on a computer, I really should have them saved somewhere else too, as a back-up.

I just used the internet browser 'save as' function at the top right. They basically save exactly how they look when you're logged in except avatars, graemlins and links are no longer there.

When I save threads, the problem used to be saving them when there were multiple pages because the links to pages wouldn't work. So at the bottom left of the thread if you put it in 'printer-friendly view of this topic' and then save it, it captures the whole thread in its entirey, sans avatars.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Isn't this thread just going to end up as "the ALL-"CLEAR YOUR PMs Cobalt Kid"!!!! thread"? [Wink]

Like several other people in this thread, I'm a PM hoarder and have PMs going back to 2003 that I'm reluctant to delete. I *think* the only ones I've saved to my PC are the 21CL-related ones with Cobalt, iB, etc though.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.