Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Kill This Thread VI: The 24-Hour Version, Part II (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Kill This Thread VI: The 24-Hour Version, Part II
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I killed the thread in Kill This Thread V, so I figured I should be the one to start the next thread. [Big Grin]

Going back through the prior editions of these threads, one can read some of the best conversations ever on Legion World, so, in the interest of our enjoyment in time to come and a tip of the hat to EDE who originated this concept here and Kent who refined the rules to the current state:

THE RULES:

1) THE BASIC IDEA: Post to this thread, if no one posts after you for 24 hours, you win!

2) Posts that are not direct responses to one of the five preceding posts are ineligible to win. The topic can drift, but no complete non-sequiturs. Posts that are responses to non- sequiturs are also ineligible to win; however, posts that are responses to responses to non-sequiturs, and responses to those posts, etc., become eligible.

3) In the event that this thread is locked, there shall be no winner unless a new thread is started for the contest. Furthermore, any post that results in the banning of the poster shall also be ineligible to win.

4) So, more precisely, one wins if one makes a post, and then no one makes another post that's eligible to win for 24 hours.

Okay, kids, go to it.

Kill this thread!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Should Sunday dinner be lamb curry or turkey? I can't decide.

[Hmmm?]

And BTW, who's going to give the Holiday toast this year w/o Kent? Can't we bribe him to come back for just one day?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Can the second third post in the thread be a Non-Sequitur? Alternately is it possible for the fan favorite character "Non-Sequitur" to post something that is by daffynition a NON-Non-Sequitur?

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Cleome mentioned Kent, who was also mentioned in the first post, so it is not a complete non-sequitur. There's a rumor about that Kent may make a special appearance for the annual toast. [Smile]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[Addressed to Quank:]

And to continue on the subject of toasts:

Put down the bottle, Man! It's 8 AM, for pity's sake.

[No]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

It's 8 where you live, Cleome, but it's 10 here and 11 where Abin lives and midnight where Invisible Brainiac lives.

--------------------

cleome46

Rocky, he'll never dry out if you keep making excuses for him! Tsk!

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Perhaps paper towels would help? The quicker-picker-upper and all that?

--------------------

cleome46

Who wouldn't want to buy paper towels with the likeness of a GL on the wrapper?

(I'd go for the ones with John Stewart. I have a bit of a crush post JLA-AU. I liked him better with hair, though.)

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I think I'd want my paper towels to have Alan Scott, though if the towels are made from a wood-based fiber that would be mildly amusing.

--------------------

Abin Quank

The object of this pointless exersise is to Kill This Thread!

Therefore...

Die You Bastich Thread!!!

DIE!! DIE!! DIE!!

Paid for by the Committee to Kill This Thread! Which, of course, reserves the right to expand the comments contained herein as necessary at some undefined later date.

[ December 19, 2011, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Abin Quank ]

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

[gasp!]

I never figured you for a cape man, Rocky!

(BTW, I know this [gasp] is the correct smilie, but to me it's more like a "whew" smilie than a "gasp" smilie.)

Sorry, Mr. GL. The thread can't die until everyone's voted on Sunday dinner. That's a new rule that I just added. So get on with your vote.

--------------------

Abin Quank

I really really need to increase my typing speed.

Or, just let the typo's go when I post as Abin...

Sunday dinner? Vegan Meatloaf sounds good.

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I suppose I find Hal most attractive of the GLs, but I've always had a soft spot for Alan. He and his kids are three of my all-time favorite DC characters. I so miss them!

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, dear I think we might need someone with a yellow power ring. I think I should call Karu-Sil.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  14  15  16   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.