Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Mythology: The DC Art of Alex Ross (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Mythology: The DC Art of Alex Ross
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
anyone going to be getting this when it comes out ??

and as a first, it's out in the UK before America !!

you can buy it off the "Amazon" UK version, as of today !!

-

Matthew.

[ October 01, 2003, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: the boy with UltraPowers ]

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll probably watch for it at my local Barnes and Nobles...they usually have a lot of this stuff in their used area.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:
anyone going to be getting this when it comes out ??

and as a first, it's out in the UK before America !!

you can buy it off the "Amazon" UK version, as of today !!

-

Matthew.

it looks like i spoke too soon [Embarrassed] as i tried to order this, and it says ... not published yet !!??

not sure why it gives today's date, then ??

that would make you think it was available from today .....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I have no plans to get that book, but I'm really looking forward to his upcoming "JLA: Liberty and Justice"
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
me too but looks like that I m in the minority that the group will get Mythology book. [Frown]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
me too but looks like that I m in the minority that the group will get Mythology book. [Frown]

hey !!! we can chat, together about the book when, we get it [Smile] ....

Matthew.

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd love to pick this up, but it might be a bit much for the ol' budget at this time. Maybe later...

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
oh darn it...my Westfield comics order arrived today...but no Mythology book. So guess I will have to wait in two weeks. [Frown]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

i'm very [Mad] !!!

i was in London yesterday [ for a mangers meeting ] and i went to "Forbidden Planet" [ the comic shop ] to get the latest comics [ which i did ] but i also saw that, they had the Alex Ross "Mythology" book !!!

but they only had one copy left .... and it had been read many times through the day !!!! when i asked fro a new one they said that was the last one for today [Mad] !!!

i phoned my comic store in Manchester and they don't have it yet !!! maybe in the next week or so ..... don't you hate it when that happens !!!

Matthew.

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Got it in New York! [Big Grin]

It's beautiful. [Smile] Well, worth the trouble you're having getting it Matthew.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm considering it but don't know if its worth it. What was the price, if I can ask. Just shot my budget replacing my laptop and don't know if Caroline will let me buy an expensive book too.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
It's $35 U.S./$53 Canada. It's also got an exclusive 8-page Superman/Batman story called "Trust." I can't wait to have some time to read it.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm. And its only $24.50 on Amazon with free shipping. I'm going to have to really think about this one.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
$24.50? That's maddening, isn't it? You have to throw in something to get the order over the $25.00 threshold for free shipping. I've encountered that before.

I'd add in a $2 used videotape (I've built up my collection with that), but those are from Amazon-affiliated sellers, not Amazon itself, and they don't count for free shipping.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:
$24.50? That's maddening, isn't it? You have to throw in something to get the order over the $25.00 threshold for free shipping. I've encountered that before.

I'd add in a $2 used videotape (I've built up my collection with that), but those are from Amazon-affiliated sellers, not Amazon itself, and they don't count for free shipping.

I was actually already considering another item for a friend for Christmas (the boxed set of DnD's new core rulebooks) that already would have gotten me free shipping. I went ahead and bit the bullet and order both the rulebooks and the Ross book. Now I just have to wait for the free shipping which they claim will get me the items by November 10 or 15.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.