Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
It was an accident. And besides, it's not like he killed any important Titans. [Wink] [Big Grin] [Devil]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Ouch. [LOL]

Cold, but true. [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
... Superman Robots.

Wow.
That would be a prefectly delightful plot twist. That sort of revelation could drive the Earth-2 Superman over that "fine line between genius and insanity".

I could be wrong but doesn't 'ol Clark look a little mesmerized in that last panel? I'm beginning to really wonder about the mental health of our "Strange visitor from another planet". If Superboy could be encouraged to go berserk then perhaps the older Kal-el could go just as mad under carefully arranged circumstances (the trademark of a Luthor btw).

Yeah, I'm actually looking forward to each issue..of a crossover..whodathunkit?

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I finally picked up the latest issue, and once again I am appalled at the graffic nature of this series. The images of the Titan deaths were a bit excessive, I think. Kill them if need be, but those characters have their fan base too, I'm sure, and I would bet that those fans would have preferred that the characters "die heroically" rather than be mutilated.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Risk isn't dead. He's just called "Lefty" now. [Shudder] [No] [Evil]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I think having Click Here For A SpoilerPantha's head knocked off was bad enough, but having it bounce across the ground to land in front of her "family" was tacky. And as a Risk fan, I was disappointed that they brought him out of limbo just to rip off his arm. He didn't even get to do anything.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I just hope there's a point to all of this. There's an awful lot of blood being spilled, and if we're just doing it to either a) give everyone a big sigh of relief when it turns out that somehow all this mayhem has been averted when everything turns out okay or b) just to show how important and world changing this crossover is, I'll be disappointed.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
I just hope there's a point to all of this. There's an awful lot of blood being spilled, and if we're just doing it to either a) give everyone a big sigh of relief when it turns out that somehow all this mayhem has been averted when everything turns out okay or b) just to show how important and world changing this crossover is, I'll be disappointed.

I think that's what a large part of our feeling this way is, AFOB.

Jamie
You gonna change your ID to Risk now?
[tease]

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
pssstt.....in IC #5, heard that Superboy s back...and something interesting connection among Breach, Huntress, and others...interesting.....and....one beloved character dies. #5 will come out TOMORROW!!! get it!! and I ain't no stinking spoiling!!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So, anyone pick up the issue yet? SPOIL US!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Here you go:

Click Here For A Spoiler

Everyone's confused because of all the heroes who disappeared last issue, including the heroes themselves, who find themselves on a deserted Earth-2.

Booster Gold and the New Beetle visit the Batcave to join his group that he's organizing to go against Brother Eye.

Earth-2 Superman and Lois are happy to be home, until Lois dies. Supes screams out Lois's name, which is apparently heard by the other Supes on Earth-1, who comes racing. They fight.

Wonder Woman receives a visit from Earth-2 Wonder Woman, who tells her that she is fading from existence, but that WW needs to help Supes. She says something about not trying to be perfect, but being human.

WW interrupts the two Supes fighting. Earth-1 Supes says something along the lines of "If you're from this Earth, it can't be perfect. The perfect Earth doesn't need a Superman." Earth-2 Supes suddenly realizes that he's been duped, and the plan was never to bring back Earth-2.

Cut to Alex, who is pushing the next step in his master plan to bring back all of the infinte earths until he finds the perfect one to survive. Along the way he drops some information about various post-Crisis heroes (Breach, Huntress, Kyle Raynor) being from "Earth-8", which is really puzzling.

Thousands of Earths appear in the sky as Superboy and Nightwing prepare to attack Luthor in the arctic.

A Flash appears in Tokyo, where he tells Dr. Light that "they couldn't hold him".

Superboy-Prime re-appears, wearing the Anti-Monitor's armor.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
A little expansion from what EDE posted...

Click Here For A Spoiler Breach was to be the Captain Atom of Earth 8. The current Huntress Helena, Kyle Rayner and Jason Rusch Firestorm were supposed to be that Earth 8 versions of GL and Firestorm. So is it safe to say that any new version of a hero we have seen was supposed to be Earth 8's version? Conner Hawke being that worlds Green Arrow. Tim Drake being that worlds only Robin?
What do you think the signficane of Earth 8 is?

Also, Dido did an interview for Newsarama saying that it was SB Prime punching the wall to this univerise and everytime he did a time ripple would come about. That would help to explain all the retcons, versions and new histories of all the heroes.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, yes, YES!!!!

Click Here For A SpoilerFLASH ISN'T DEAD!!

Also, Click Here For A SpoilerWonder Woman of Earth-2 amuses me. Actually, both Wonder Womans amuse me. And, w00t~ for the return of Zauriel!! I [Love] him.

Oh, and the Earth-8 stuff made me giggle. I'm not sure why... maybe it was just the mental image of those particular heroes being the only ones on their earth. It'd be... something, all right.

P.S. Did anybody know Ragman was Jewish? That too amused me. As did Blue Devil's appearance. I do so love the Shadowpact.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought it was common knowledge Ragman was Jewish. At least that's how I remember the mini that introduced this version being set up.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:

Click Here For A SpoilerFLASH ISN'T DEAD!!

[/QB]

Take a closer look at the costume....I don't think it's who you think it is. [Smile]

It was nice to have a relatively peaceful issue.

And Dick and Conner? Woot!

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.