Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » SECOND FEATURE wish list for DC (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: SECOND FEATURE wish list for DC
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I would love a $3.99 Johns Legion title with the E-247 "Wanderers" as the co-feature... :wish:

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I find it curious that we- I did it too when I made my little list posted below- are putting teams as back-ups to team titles and individuals as back-ups to solo titles.

Makes me want to see a solo act appear as back-up in a team title, with the star eventually joining the headlining team. TEEN TITANS is sort of doing that, though Ravager has already been a member.

Or a smaller team, like CHALLENGERS OF THE UNKNOWN or SEA DEVILS or YOUNG HEROES IN LOVE getting a back-up to a solo-starring title.

I loved the idea of FREEDOM FIGHTERS backing up JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA. If I were choosing, I'd feature one SOCIETY member teamed up with one FREEDOM FIGHTER each issue until all the FFers were highlighted. Then, I'd want to read FF adventures sans the JSA.

Mainly because so many JSAers need even more fleshing out than the FFers.

Other properties I'd like to see as back-ups:

BLACK ORCHID (following THE QUESTION in DETECTIVE? A back-up to WONDER WOMAN? SECRET SIX? ZATANNA? Isn't Zee getting an ongoing soon?)

SEA DEVILS (to AQUAMAN, assuming he gets a new book, much less a new life, after BLACKEST NIGHT) or maybe in one of the SUPERMAN books. I loved Windward House, invented in Busiek's run on AQUAMAN and would like to see it used as a setting.

ATOM and HAWKMAN could share a title, either rotating lead/back-up or rotate appearing at all, with characters like Shayera, Ryan Choi and Golden Eagle getting back-up exposure.

Earth-whatever-the-main-one-is's version of Duela Dent, making her heroic/gray-shaded/nuisance villain debut... maybe in SIRENS OF GOTHAM?

HARLEQUIN (Molly Mayne) returning to action as a costumed heroine in an Alan Scott GL title, exploiting her old FBI ties.

What I'd really like to see is something like Wednesday Comics move from the newsprint to regular comics paper featuring four 8-page stories. One or two of them could be ongoing perpetually, with whatever hits making it into a rotation, with one spot always a 'new' character/team. I know, anthologies traditionally fail, at least recently, but one with a clear vision might not...

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.