Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » S.H.I.E.L.D. (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The second arc has begun (with new #1) and SHIELD is still blowing me away. Again, I highly recommend this to anyone, especially those among you with some intelligence. ( [Razz] )

We're finally getting some real answers and all the while I'm dying to see where this is all going! I love how its all tying together with a storyline spanning from 2,600 B.C. to the present.

Also, I really want Da Vinci and Tesla in the Marvel U full-time in the present day! Tesla should be in one of the Avengers comics.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Still reading SHIELD, Cobie, and just read #2 tonight.

The positives: Some of the best pencils, layouts, etc. in any ongoing comic around. Big, BIG concepts and a thick read every issue.

The negatives: Definitely suffers from the bi-monthly schedule. Hickman's story is so dense that you lose a lot in the interim between issues, and he doesn't catch you up all that well--you NEED that text page! I also don't feel that he delivers satisfying single issues, a complaint I have with his FF run.

The verdict: I'll probably keep getting it because the Dustin Weaver art is SO beautiful and because the concepts and characters are not cookie-cutter.

Some day I'll read all these issues together and see how they satisfy in that manner...

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.