Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » E2 Alan Scott is the ex-straight "iconic male" DC character to be rebooted gay (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: E2 Alan Scott is the ex-straight "iconic male" DC character to be rebooted gay
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
IKR
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hee-hee-- it's the phone game! I don't think anyone's said it'll be an iconic character, just a prominent one. Which DC's gonna call any character they're promoting.

I also don't think they said it'd be a hero. Maybe it's a villain... but that'd be surprising. So would Wally West or Garth (though reintroducing those two along with Donna would go a long way towards making me more fully enjoy the new DCU- whatever their sexual orientation(s)...).

So-- 'important'. The Atom? Adam Strange? Captain Comet? The Doom Patrol's Chief? Has Pete Ross shown up yet? The Creeper? Too many possibilites and too little info... but guessing's fun.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:
FRANKENSTEIN (giggle!! sadly he's not iconic... or IS he???)

Frankenstein is most certainly iconic, just not as a comic character.
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:
This is gonna make a lot of fanboys mad, I bet.

Yeah, it always does.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Guess I wrote too soon concerning use of the word 'iconic'...
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
C'mon -- it's obviously Apache Chief...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
^^It will be revealed that "Inuk Chuk" is Apache for "Nice ass, Batman!"
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
aw ... Apache Chief and Samurai sitting in a tree ... k i s s i n g ...

Dr. Fate has already been Transgender. Maybe it won't be him.

Captain Comet ! [Big Grin]

(might be interesting to have an ex military comic character be gay.)

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

The Ghost of J.E.B. Stuart!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
well ... who are the icons that haven't been introduced yet ... sort of a 2nd string icon if he wasn't one of the original characters for the reboot last year ...
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Atom is probably the most iconic character who hasn't appeared, at least in costume, since the new 52.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Atom had one of the moe interesting straight relationships, at least so far as reversing the suerphero/girlfriend relationship cliche back in the day. Ray Palmer wanted to get married and Jean Loring was the one resisting it.

But given where Jean went toward the end there, he's better off with guys.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

I thought I'd look through the June solicits for clues and hints... not that there's any guarantee that the character in question will be mentioned or even alluded to at all. But worth a look, perhaps.

Weather Wizard, Scarecrow, Killer Croc and Mister Bones are all named and I don't *think* any of them have appeared in the new DCU.

Perhaps putting a different spin on 'icon', the Order of Van Helsings in I, VAMPIRE, the Totems in ANIMAL MAN and King Arthur in DEMON KNIGHTS are also listed as debuting in June.

Characters who are either brand new or at least have a name I don't recognize include the Irradiated Man in WORLD's FINEST, Chrona Mota in CAPTAIN ATOM, Rakshasa in FIRESTORM, Doctor Cognate in GREEN ARROW, Nimrod the Hunter in ACTION, Hypnotic in DETECTIVE, Paragon in NIGHTWING, Metamerican and the Meta-Marines in LEGION LOST. Could Metamerican be Metamorpho? Any of these could be a new identity for a new DCU debut.

And if they aren't enough, some figures alluded to but not named are: a new JL villain, The Burners in JLI, the mastermind of the Court of Owls and members of the afore-mentioned Order of Van Helsings and the Meta-Marines.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

people are speculating it's not actually a hero but ... Jimmy Olsen or some other 'character'.
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Please oh please don't let it be Steve Lombard

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Jeepers! I bet it's Alfred!
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.