Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Green Lantern Corps: Recharge (spoilers) (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Green Lantern Corps: Recharge (spoilers)
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
quote:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
It would be good if all three Lanterns (Hal, Kyle and John) set aside their differences and work together alongside other denizens of the GL corps - each guy is as good as the other - and though this will not get me a position within the Diplomatic Corps, it is, after all, just MHO... [Smile]

The characters themselves don't have any problems with each other, it's certain fans who feel a need to antagonize the others' fanbase that's the problem.
Thats just what turns me off about the DC message boards, Drake - Legion World at least shows respect for its followers and topic posters... [Frown]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SLK
longtime listener/first time caller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLK   Email SLK         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
quote:
Originally posted by SLK:
I hope GLC outsells Hal Boredom out of the market!

Ah, and anti-Hal trollism rears its ugly head. I keep my anti-Kyle thoughts to myself out of respect for his fans (especially no name-calling or wishing bad things to happen to him), but if you want to throw down that gauntlet, it's gonna get really ugly really fast...

This should be a great time for all GL fans (although maybe less so for impatient John fans). Why bring the hate?

Trollism?

Them's fightin' words!! Let's go!! C'mon! You wanna' fight!?!

No?

No fighting, huh?

Ahh nuts. Oh well. The best of luck to Hal Jordan's book actually. Hope you guys enjoy it and it has a long healthy run. I'm just soooo grateful that I can enjoy a GLC book without (hopefully) seeing Hal in it.

To me Hal is like Superboy and the LSH in the Adventure era. I understand that w/out him there'd be no GLC to read about. But it still seems like he's there hogging panel time away from all of the other far more interesting characters I could be seeing.

From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
"Thats just what turns me off about the DC message boards, Drake - Legion World at least shows respect for its followers and topic posters..."

I recently went back to the DC boards for a look-see. The level of intelligence and politeness hasn't changed a bit. Which is why I spend more time here.

I was just saying to a friend on the phone tonight, something that really struck me about the current GL issues is, I think they're actually BETTER than I can EVER remember the book being. This is both the GL and GLC books. It just makes me wonder... what took DC around 4 DECADES to do the thing right???

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by profh0011:

I was just saying to a friend on the phone tonight, something that really struck me about the current GL issues is, I think they're actually BETTER than I can EVER remember the book being. This is both the GL and GLC books. It just makes me wonder... what took DC around 4 DECADES to do the thing right???

I agree. I like the Johns/Pacheco GL with Hal Jordan better than any previous monthly GL book. And even though I have mixed feelings about GLC, the likes outweigh the dislikes and I think it has a good chance of improving in the future.

Does anybody know if and when there's going to be a GL: Rebirth TPB? I only read #6. I loved it so much, it led me into buying the other new GL books. But of course I'd like to read the whole story.

EDIT: Since making this post, I have purchased the hardcover of GL: Rebirth. Not only did I love the whole story, but it will always have a special place in my heart, as it'll always remind me of the excitement I felt when I started getting back into comics in 2005.

[ April 21, 2007, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: Stealth ]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So...the Green Lantern Corps mini-series ended a long time ago, and the GLC ongoing has been around for almost a year now, and I have to say it is by far the most consisently pleasureable of the few DC ongoings that I buy. Unlike Hal's book, it hasn't gotten bogged down in unnecessary angst. On the other hand, GLC artist Patrick Gleason can't hold a candle to the various top-drawer artists who have worked on Hal's book; but Moose Baumann's coloring on GLC has a similar effect to Lovern Kindzierski's coloring on the Jim Fern issues of L.E.G.I.O.N. -- it compensates for the weak art (and even at his worst, Gleason is never as bad as Fern.)

The one who really deserves the kudos is GLC writer Dave Gibbons. He has proved from the very start that he didn't need Geoff Johns at all, and in fact, Gibbons has been consistently better on GLC than Johns has been on Hal's book. That's why Gibbons was my first choice for new writer of the LSH ongoing, and I keep hoping that once Tony Bedard is done on LSH, Gibbons will take over.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention that Soranyk Natu has grown on me and Princess-turned-Lantern Iolande is awesome.

[ April 21, 2007, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Stealth ]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.