Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Crisis Spoiler Thread
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't Dr. Polaris revealed to be Damage's uncle or something? Maybe in the Titans' series before the current one?

Sorry if someone else has brought this up already...

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was in Damage's own series. Actually, I think its more complicated than that, but hell if I can remember...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
He's also the Atom's kin or somesuch. But it was some kind of genetic engineering deal, IIRC. I'm actually surprised he wasn't brought into the JSA since he's a "legacy hero".

[ October 16, 2005, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: ferroboy ]

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
GA Atom was his genetic father, wasn't he? With other JSA members' DNA sequenced in, or something?

Grant Emerson-- Dr. Polaris is/was Neil(?) Emerson, I think. So, I believe he was Damage's nonbiological father's brother.

Was it his nonbio father who abused Grant- or was it Dr. Polaris?

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Damage's parents were Al Pratt aka Atom I and his wife Mary Pratt.

Damage's foster parents (John and Katherine Emerson) were the brother and sister-in-law of Dr. Neal Emerson aka Doctor Polaris. So, they're not related on the genetic level, only by circumstance.

Damage was experimented on by Vandal Savage. He took genetic material from of a number of people. The list I found is: Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, Ted Grant, Carter Hall, Shiera Hall, Rex Tyler, Dinah Lance, Charles McNider, Ted Knight, Johnny Chambers, Libby Lawrence, Barry Allen, Arthur Curry, Dinah Laurel Lance, Hal Jordan, Ray Palmer and J'onn J'onzz. So he's kind of related to all of them in a way.

Oh, and, yes, Grant's adoptive father did abuse him.

[ October 16, 2005, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Caliente ]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Well, I can see that delving into Damage's back story *might* have been a bit of an albatross-- but Grant facing Dr. Polaris instead of the Human Bomb taking out the villain would've been a nice nod.

Then again, maybe it shows Damage's switching of 'family' from his abusive 'parents' (who were corporate shills anyway, weren't they?) to the FREEDOM FIGHTERS.

And though I hate to lose the Human Bomb, better him than Grant.

ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree, Mystery Lad. Besides, Human Bomb's been around for 60 years. He had a good run but it's not quite so bad as youngsters like the Black Condor and the Phantom Lady getting killed.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Phantom Lady in particular never really got a chance. Her debut was pretty recent, wasn't it? Glad that Ray and Damage at least will live to fight another day - those two have lots of untapped potential.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Phantom Lady in particular never really got a chance. Her debut was pretty recent, wasn't it?

This Phantom Lady has been around at least since the early 1990s. I remember her appearing in the Will Payton Starman series. Of course the original goes back to 1941 or so.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Come on, her name is Phantom Lady. She'll be back in some sort of ethereal form, I'm sure.
From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
So is does Grant become the new human bomb now?

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I've re-read IC #1 over and over and I'm still not sure what I think of it.

Jimenez and Lanning's art is faultless -- the double-page spread of the villains attacking is particularly impressive.

Johns does everything right on a technical level, keeping the story moving and the action exploding, without neglecting the characters themselves.

But just where is this story headed? If it wipes out the post-COIE versions of the big three, then that's fine with me. If it goes too far and turns back the clock to the pre-COIE universe, then I'll be annoyed. And if, in the end, it's just an excuse to kill off a lot of characters and shock readers, then I'll be angry and probably won't be reading a lot of DC six months from now.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
One last thing I almost forgot: when I saw the Bat-Signal being projected onto the Spectre's chest, I thought they might be foreshadowing that Bruce Wayne is going to become the Spectre's next host. I might be completely wrong, I have no idea what's happened to the Spectre since GL: Rebirth, but I just thought I'd share that anyway.

[ October 17, 2005, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Stealth ]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

quote:
Originally posted by Stratum:
So is does Grant become the new human bomb now?

I hope not. I don't really see the need for a change of name. It's not like we've ever seen anything to suggest they were particularly close.

--------------------
Dan

Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Just (kinda) similar explosive powers is all. Plus the way he was talking to Grant kinda foreshadowed it a bit.

I'm not saying I like it but I wouldn't be surprised.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.