Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The Official Infinite Death Count (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: The Official Infinite Death Count
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
Who's the green chick in purple in the center? She-Hulk?

And who's the guy in the foreground with the skin condition?

The green girl's most likely Jade. The guy with the skin condition looks like Shift (the Metamorpho double from the Outsiders).
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I think that I,Spyder is still alive as seen in Shining Knight #4...and there will be one more Soldier who will die at the end of the Seven Soldiers as I believe. My money's on Mr. Miracle.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
DR. LIGHT II (Dr. Kimiyo Hoshi) (Powers stripped of her and left in critical condition by Dr. Light I. – GREEN ARROW #54)

Damn! How bad is this? Was the actual attack on-panel? Damn! Even if she makes it, she'll be powerless! Does anyone have the actual issue? If it's not too much trouble, could someone scan the page/s where Kimi appears and post them or PM them to me? Sorry guys, I'm just really upset [Frown]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
DR. LIGHT II (Dr. Kimiyo Hoshi) (Powers stripped of her and left in critical condition by Dr. Light I. – GREEN ARROW #54)

Damn! How bad is this? Was the actual attack on-panel? Damn! Even if she makes it, she'll be powerless! Does anyone have the actual issue? If it's not too much trouble, could someone scan the page/s where Kimi appears and post them or PM them to me? Sorry guys, I'm just really upset [Frown]

The battle between the two happens over the course of several (11 or so) pages. I'll scan in the last few later today.

[ October 15, 2005, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Dr. Light's last? battle.

A month or two old spoilers for some -

-
 -
 -
 -

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
You guys really should be reading GREEN ARROW, it's edge-of-your-seat right now.

Wanna know what's going on?

SPOILERS FOLLOW!

So badguy Dr. Light beat the crap out of femme-Dr. Light and stole her powers, putting her in critical condition (as seen above) in order to draw Green Arrow away from Star City. To keep him there, he sends Mirror Master & Killer Frost.

Because Dr. Light's real plan is to kill Mia (Speedy) and Connor (Green Arrow 2). Mia's in his sights as of the last page of # 55!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
boooooooo

kimiyo was tough. i can't believe she went out like that. i gotta pick it up at the store...

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Thanks, Gary. I really appreciate it. Sigh, not Kimi's greatest moment, and not the greatest fight scene ever. How exactly did Doctor Light drain her anyway? He just absorbed her powers?? It just seemed a bit too easy - Kimi absorbed a sun's power once!

Looks kinda bad... but at least she's still alive. There's hope yet.

Though her hand was still glowing as she fell. Could it be that the doctor's lying or mistaken? Maybe she hasn't totally lost her powers yet, and they're just dormant or need to be recharged.

Thanks again, Gary.

[ October 15, 2005, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

The "startling change to the recently deceased" line - could that mean someone will be back from the dead?

Unless Mordru shows up and starts making zombies again...

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
yeah i would've bet kimiyo couldve ripped dr. light 1 a new one. even in his new old ruthless self.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:

Unless Mordru shows up and starts making zombies again...

Based on an upcoming TEEN TITANS cover I saw elsewhere on LW, I wouldn't rule something like this out.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Just a thought IB, but I think DC has big plans in store for Kimiyo after Crisis. I love the character myself! Even if it meant a name change (the Dr. Light moniker is really too tarnished after Identity Crisis), I'd love to see her active somewhere in the DCU.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd think with Alexander Luthor and co. returning for the event, you really can't do this without Kimiyo involved in some way.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Thanks for the info guys.

Anyway, I was reading the DC boards the other day (not a member, just pop in there once a month or so) and found a thread discussing GA 54. One poster mentions that Geoff Johns posted the ff:

Regardless, I was just talking to Keith Giffen about ideas for Doctor Light II. There are fairly interesting plans for her and they're all good.

And Gail Simone also posted that she was planning to use Kimi in BoP. But the plans were pushed back a bit, unfortunately.

But hey, there's a lot of reason to hope now [Smile]

Regarding the rest of the casualties and possible casualties, I have to say I'm still grieving over the deaths of Beetle, Sue and Dimitri and Fire's injury. Their era of the Justice League was a pretty memorable one - the stories may not all have been great but the characters more than made up for that.

--------------------

ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
If, as rumors suggest, Barbara becomes Batwoman, then maybe Kimiyo becomes the new Oracle?

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.