Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Countdown to Infinite Crisis Preview ... SPOILERS (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Countdown to Infinite Crisis Preview ... SPOILERS
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
You know, my Dad and me just completed our GOLDEN AGE Blue Beetle collection too.

I agree with Jorg--he's supposed to be cool and funny like Spider-Man, but NOT Rodney Dangerfield. I loved Giffen's JLI, but I thought Beetle started to kind of get the shaft as he went on. I'd like to see him played a little straiter, which is actually what Giffen has been doing in his two latest series. I liked the way Jurgens portrayed him in the pre-Doomsday JLI/A and Dixon did in BoP.

Ah...I just hope this isn't the end of Ted Kord.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
http://www.ninthart.com/display.php?article=1013
Never go online when you're half awake. You will be easily confused.

I was half awake when I followed a link to Pop Culture Shock, the site that hosts Tim O'Neil's comic remixes. I laughed out loud at the front page. I moved to page two. I was confused. Where were the jokes? This wasn't very funny. Page three. Still no jokes. Hmm.

At this point the penny dropped that I was not reading one of Tim's parodies. I was in fact reading a genuine preview of a DC comic. But with a title like COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS, you can hardly blame me for getting confused.

I gawped in disbelief for a bit, and then headed off in search of coffee.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rurouni KJS
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rurouni KJS   Email Rurouni KJS         Edit/Delete Post     
Why did I read the spoiler? Although I had a feeling something like that was coming, I'm still upset.

More and more, I think killing off characters is a lousy thing:

"It's a helluva thing, killing a man. You not only kill everything he was, but everything he's ever gonna be." from the film Unforgiven.

--------------------
-- Still here to help.

From: ATL, fool!!! WHAT!!! | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I knew it when they first released the pic. I even said so over at DC.

But dang it, why am i always right about the bad stuff?

Never the good stuff.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
"When you kill a man, you better LOOK at him!"
--from HANG 'EM HIGH

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
This is a bit much. From Comics Continuum:

quote:
Two days before arriving in stores on March 30, the Countdown to Infinite Crisis Special has sold out at DC Comics.

DC is rushing the comic back to press for a second printing with a new, variant cover by Jim Lee and Alex Ross that reveals the shadowy figure in Batman's arms as the Blue Beetle.

Scheduled to arrive in stores on April 13, Countdown to Infinite Crisis Second Printing will have a cover price of $1.99, and will include the full story written by Geoff Johns, Greg Rucka and Judd Winick with art by Rags Morales and Michael Bair, Ed Benes, Ivan Reis and Marc Campos, Phil Jimenez and Andy Lanning, and Jesus Saiz and Jimmy Palmiotti.

"Even with the new price of $1.99, Countdown is the single best value in comics today," said Bob Wayne, DC's VP -- Sales. "As the four miniseries that follow start to reach stores, retailers will want to have Countdown in stock, so we recommend that they place orders for this second printing now."

Basically double the price to reveal the body? [No] I guess we are full blown back to the days of alternate covers now.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I decided to keep my dollar rather than buy this book. I did see it rated a blurb on the front of the Living section of USA Today though the blurb implied that DC was killing off a grand old character from the 30's which is a little off the mark.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I bought it and I am not disappointed at all. For a buck you get a great story and the beginings of something huge that is about to drop.

[ March 30, 2005, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: RTVU2 ]

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, the original Blue Beetle first appeared in Mystery Men #1 in 1939 so not much of a stretch. Except, of course, our BB is not the same one, but he inherited the mantle. And it was in USA Today. It doesn't take too much to confuse their readers so why split hairs. [Wink]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Plus, of course, Jim Lee said @ the time the solicit was released that the final cover would show who it was. Clearly, the chance for some extra €$£ was too much for DC

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Basically double the price to reveal the body? [No] I guess we are full blown back to the days of alternate covers now.

True, but at least this is a second printing and not a variant.

Really no point in getting both.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

But it is a variant. It will have a different cover and that classifies it as a variant. Not that I'll get it. Unless I can pick it up for 50% off through DCBS.
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I guess I tend to see true variants as appearing at the same time as the original, while one's that don't are just "different". But one's mileage may vary.

But they do use the word "variant" in the article, so what do I know?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I don't know if Wizard just threw this together or if they actually already have the cover, but I just got this in an e-mail advertising the sale of the second printing.

Click for fullsize image

[ March 30, 2005, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I've never been a "screw DC" kinda person or a "I'll never buy another comic again!" kinda person and I don't even give a crap about Blue Beetle, but this story sucked. It's like "Emerald Twilight" where you can't help but feel editorial edict all over the story. This book is just a big ad for the upcoming new series that are coming out - nothing more, nothing less. It just pissed over an entire era of DC's history -- a great one too, imo.

I never bought the "Checkmate" book - I'd like to hear from fans of that old book about this reemergence of this government agency. Personally, the whole "government agency that doesn't trust meta-humans and has secret files on them" thing strikes me as "been there, done that." There's also really no reason why anyone would be so distrusting of DC's heroes. At least in the cartoon, they had the excuse of the "brainwased by Darkseid Superman" as a good reason.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.