Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Power Girl solo comic (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Power Girl solo comic
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I feel sick.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Which fits right in with Judd's plans for a 12 issue storyarc about Healthcare.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
I feel sick.

So do I, and I don't even read the book.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll try one issue. No, scratch that, I have to stay to keep an eye on Kara.

But for God's sake what is WRONG with these people?!

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
And I'm gone, gone, gone, gone....

gone like a freight train, gone like....

well, just gone. 12 is my last.

DC just insists on me keepin' my money.

okay

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm treating this like a 12 issue maxiseries. Amanda Conner was the biggest reason I was buying this. And the surest way to drive me from a title is putting Winick on it.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
You don't want to read Winnick's riveting story about Power Girl vs. Exxon Mobil? [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
How someone with "Win" in his last name can be so full of FAIL is just astonishing. It truly is. He should stick to foul-mouthed boy geniuses in BARRY WEEN. [Razz]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

What's Exxon Mobil?

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
What's Exxon Mobil?

Giant Oil Conglomerate, second largest corporation in the world.

Makes a great antagonist but not for Power Girl.

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Oh, I almost thought it was a cellphone.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Ten years ago the big country saying was that someone was "gonna open up a big ole' canna Whupass". I hated that saying.

Unfortunately, it seems like Winicks writing is like opening up a big ole' canna "Fail".

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
When did the Winnick backlash begin?

I remember quite liking his run on OUTSIDERS, even though I didn't like the miniseries that led to its birth (which, IIRC was mostly mandated by DC's PTB).

I think I read part of his run on GREEN ARROW... I remember a VERY SWEET STORY featuring current Speedy and Connor Hawke Green Arrow.

His EXILES ruled.

When did he become a comics pariah on the level of John Byrne? Just curious...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Its been building. For me it started with his GL run. Then he moved over to GA and I had to drop it. The he ruined Outsiders and the nightwing character in it, then he got hold of Batman (I dropped it after 3 decades) and then he got this last version of titans off to a craptacular start.

But, thats just me. You'd have to ask others why they don't like his writing. And thats all I don't like. I don't know the man, just the writing I don't care for.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Hm, I also used to like Judd's work. His early Outsider and Green Arrow runs were good and his Green Lantern was good too.

...but...

His Batman run was so awful it was probably the worst Batman run in 50 years. And his bringing back Jason Todd as the Red Hood is just so ridiculously stupid, I consider it probably DC's poorest decision in the last 10 years and well, DC this past decade has been the pits of the entire indusry.

His Outsiders and Green Arrow declined in quality but they weren't horrible. Rather, it was his political miniseries (forget what it was called) that was just pure awfulness.

I feel like I've blocked out a lot of Winnick's stories from the past few years. Eventually his name came to be synonymous with shit.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.