Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » The New Avengers (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: The New Avengers
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I was thinking, The Young and the Avengers.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
I was thinking, The Young and the Avengers.

I like that one better.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:

Wanda and Cap slept together during the Disassembled storyline. (I'm not sure if it was in Cap's book, or the Cap & Falcon title.)
Quicksilver and Crystal obviously (and she's been linked with Johnny Storm, Bobby Drake, and now The Sentry.)

Crystal and Bobby Drake? When did *that* happen?
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe I'm misremembering, but when she was first introduced in FF, wasn't Crystal torn between the hot-headed Storm and the cool-hands Drake?
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
While I'm going to pick up this book, this definitely isn't a traditional Avengers lineup (you'd have to go to "Mighty Avengers" for that). Bendis' reveal of Click Here For A SpoilerPower Man and Iron Fist as members clinches it. Not a big surprise who turns out to be team leader. If it weren't for the just revealed never-been-an Avenger-before member, I wasn't totally sure I'd be in. But now I have to get it. I'm excited about the book now.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Well Bendis finally made it a Marvel Knights book. Basically all street level characters except for a couple. Not sure I like who is the new Ronin (we all know who it is). He should just call the book the Kung-Fu Hussle or something. [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Yeah, we ALL know Ronin = Deadpool! I mean, it's so obvious....!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
The presence of Spidey and Wolverine pretty much guarantees that this will be a huge seller.

I'm just not interested, even though I like a lot of the characters.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Well .... first appearance of the NEW new team!

I suppose Echo's "sex change" makes some sense now, but it's funny that we now have a new Ronin mystery. A lot people have been guessing that it's Cap, but from the dialogue, it doesn't seem like him. And Cap hacking away at people with a sword? I dunno...

Still awesome to see Iron Fist on the team, using the Fist to great effect.

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Eh, IMO they brought Hawkeye back to life so that he could be Ronin v 3.0.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Unless he's the new guy in the Iron Man armor [Wink] (or unless they're BOTH the same guy ...(or girl for all we know))

Oh, and Yu needs to pick up the latest Iron Fist series -- he ditched the yellow booties...

[ February 09, 2007, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So, what did anyone left reading this title think of the big reveal at the end of #31 (click here for spoilers)?

House of M, Civil War, all of the big Marvel U events of late have left me cold (to the point of dropping basically all Marvel titles). But this idea might get me back in, at least for next year's event.

Now to start a list. Who do you think is really a Click Here For A SpoilerSkrull?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Click Here For A SpoilerJoe Quesada [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I was going to say Click Here For A SpoilerBrian Bendis. [Smile]
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
All right it's been a while since I've done a New Avengers rant.

First off New Avengers: Illumimanti #3 really made me angry. Marvel has explained the Beyonder off as an infant cosmic cube. It worked. I liked it. I like the cosmic cube mythology. Ofcourse here comes Brian Bendis and says the Beyonder was really an Inhuman which is extremely powerful. He also kind of suggested the entire Secret Wars II didn't happen. I hate that.

Ok, the reveal? Not very keen on it either. I think it might cheapen some things like Civil War.

Is Tony Stark a [SPOILER}? No. They couldn't do that. It would just cheapen all of Civil War. I'm hoping Nomad was a {SPOILER} so they can bring the real one back.

I keep thinking Marvel Team-Up might have some answeres. One of the heroes introduced there was a {SPOILER}. I actually liked him. And there was a alternate version of Tony Stark introduced who is currently running around the MU secretly.

This can get sticky.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.