Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Countdown to Infinite Crisis Preview ... SPOILERS (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Countdown to Infinite Crisis Preview ... SPOILERS
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
it sure surprised me. I wasn't even expecting that to happen so soon also LL.

I like what I see is happening in the DC Universe. I can't wait to see Infinte Crisis and see how this fits in along with what is happening in Titans, Batman and Hawkman.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Bah, I tried to look at the preview but my computer says the adobe file is damaged. Somebody want to spoil it for me or PM or something? I don't care enough about this hoo-ha to follow 89 minis and crossovers.

Ah, nevermind I found it on the DCMBs. Meh.

[ April 06, 2005, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: matlock ]

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
This is just an aside, but y'know the scene where the JLA et al are trying to find out who cleared out Beetle's warehouse? I don't know if they were intentionally mirroring "Identity Crisis", but again, how is it that with all those heroes, there was *no trace* or evidence?? I hope they don't just want us to assume Checkmate is that good (then again, they were all stumped by Jean Loring... maybe the Atom has joined Checkmate).

Btw, I thought it was interesting that Cyborg has an "ultraviolent" scanner...

[ April 07, 2005, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Psychout
Your mind is my playground

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Psychout   Email Kid Psychout         Edit/Delete Post     
So how do you follow up raping and murdering half of the only stable marraige in comics?

you take an entire light hearted series and say that it was all a dark plot to keep them ineffectual by an actual member of the team. Piss on my memories here, why don't you.

great. can't wait for the cross-over where Captain Carrot catches mixamytosis, or the new revamp of the wombles that explains they're actually large mutated rats and has the government come in to gas their warrens.

As a story this was ok. Guessed Ted was gonna die on page one (though Max doesn't really seem like a good shot and mebbe just shot out part of his skull). As an event? i don't care. i will not be shelling out any cash to 'must see' this marketing event.

btw, as a plot device the files don't really make sense. Bats & Supes full identities on file? Luthor has access to them? didn't they wipe his mind before President Lex died?

From: Melbourne, Auz. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
The most spot-on review I've read so far...

http://www.gayleague.com/forums/display.php?id=347

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps
I'm actually the Time Trapper...shhhhhh

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Phipps   Email Charles Phipps         Edit/Delete Post     
*SPOILERS*
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Maxwell Lord as the master of Checkmate isn't that difficult to believe actually. Maxwell Lord was working for a supercomputer before to take over the world, had UN connections (very odd for a businessman), and effectively lied/cheated/manipulated/mind controlled the JLI from day one.

If we need a "fix" for Max, I'd say that he had his entire life fried by metahumans and is striking back. The 'real Max' arranged to have a clone and robot built that is over in FKATJL (Poor L-Ron and Maxbot are really too of a kind)

The actual Max then went onto to develop his metahuman powers as he developed an appalling self-loathing that he turned against the superhuman community he was originally just sent to bring under UN control.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

--------------------
Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p

Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Phipps:
Maxwell Lord as the master of Checkmate isn't that difficult to believe actually. Maxwell Lord was working for a supercomputer before to take over the world, had UN connections (very odd for a businessman), and effectively lied/cheated/manipulated/mind controlled the JLI from day one.

AT Day 1. Go read JLI #12 (including the hefty mind-read J'Onn gives him at the end), #24 and JLAm #40, 41 and #60.

quote:
If we need a "fix" for Max, I'd say that he had his entire life fried by metahumans and is striking back.

He went nuts when he moved to Lord Havok's body. He got better. This is a all-along-forever-and-ever retcon, not a "he's suddenly lost it" thing.

quote:
The 'real Max' arranged to have a clone and robot built that is over in FKATJL (Poor L-Ron and Maxbot are really too of a kind) The actual Max then went onto to develop his metahuman powers as he developed an appalling self-loathing that he turned against the superhuman community he was originally just sent to bring under UN control.

He LOST those damn powers. THEN he lost the CAPACITY FOR them when he got moved to Lord Havok's body to save himself after he got a brain tumour. There was a corpse and funeral! Max's body has passed on! It is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! Its metabolical processes are of interest only to historians! It's hopped the twig! It's shuffled off this mortal coil! It's run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! It is an EX-Maxwell Lord!

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps
I'm actually the Time Trapper...shhhhhh

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Phipps   Email Charles Phipps         Edit/Delete Post     
Obviously faked!

Also mind reading can be faked by checkmate's own telepaths.

--------------------
Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p

Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
DC's new initiative is leaving me cold. It seems they're running roughshod over continuity and their own intergrity to bring us somewhere that will culminate in "Infinite Crisis" before bringing us through into the new DCU and all I can say is, it better be worth it, cuz honestly, I'm not enojying the ride. I know a lot of people are, and DC's making money so that's good, but to me DC's just taking itself way too seriously and it's becoming harder to reconcile these storylines with the fact that they're taking place in a universe of spandexed heroes.

Next they're going to tell us that Superman has been using "SuperSubliminal Hypnosis" to get people to buy that a pair of glasses can hide his identity and honestly, at this point, they *should*, because why overlook any fantastical or traditional comic book convention for the sake of "reality"?

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Loudly insisting that you're above childish things isn't a sign of maturity. It's a sign of adolescence. And trying to explain happy stories in a grim universe only succeeds in tearing out their hearts, not "making them work." It doesn't have to be done that way.

This quote is brilliant. And what's wrong with most comic books today. The incestuous rehashing and darkening of ALL comics (name one successful comic of the last 10 years that ISN'T grim'n'gritty) is the very thing that has driven younger fans away and made those of us who still read them afraid to share them with young people. Dark Knight was unbelievably original and good, but I don't think it means all comics have to be like it. You don't have to kill someone or completely retcon a character to make a dramatic story.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.