Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Festivus for the Rest-of-Us...

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Festivus for the Rest-of-Us...
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi All...

Blessings of the Season to you all, and happiness for the coming year. May you all get exactly what you want out of this mixed-up cwazy world.

Here's a picture I drew the other night - considering my recent (crappy) mood, I've no idea where it came from. [Smile]

Peace Out, Noogies...
Wayne@OZ

-

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Great pic of Ayer's Wayne!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Nice pic Wayne [Smile] !
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Well... technically it's Uluru. [Embarrassed] [Wink]

(Yes - it's Ayers' Rock. Surprising how I've managed to absorb (and frequently use) a whole lotta Koorie words (Uluru, Kata Tjuta, Gariwerd) that I never ever thought I would. I guess we've had longer to get used to them here in OZ.)

PS Thanks to Scott (as always) for hosting the pic! Ain't he super [Cool]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Luv the colors!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
And love the Southern Cross, which we northerners never get to see!

Is it true that if you take a piece of Ayer's Rock, you're cursed?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Smile]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
And love the Southern Cross, which we northerners never get to see!

Is it true that if you take a piece of Ayer's Rock, you're cursed?

I had a teacher in grade school, the first male teacher I'd had, who was from Oz. He used to claim that there was a curse if you took a piece of Uluru (which I haven't heard in years but remembered the name when Wayne mentioned it). I don't know how true it was but he swore by it.

[ December 16, 2003, 04:13 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Very nice, Wayne! [Cool]
Stu
Time Trapper

Speaking of Festivus, has anyone tried the Festivus ice cream from Ben & Jerry? It's quite tasty! [MatterEaterLad]
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
If you even walk on Uluru, you're cursed. Enormous winged Dreamtime beasts will descend upon you from above, whirling bullroarers above their head, stabbing forth with spears and accompanied by the mournful wailing of digeridoos.

Well, that's what the local natives say. [Wink]

Tourists (not as many these days) tend to tramp all over the monolith, their only cares being their pear-shaped bodies and the signs warning that those with heart conditions and unsteady feet may be in for a (terminal) surprise.

My housemate Justy used to live on an Aboriginal Australian settlement on the NT/WA border called Docker River. She's managed to climb the Rock without succumbing to a curse, unless you count having to live with me for a few more weeks.

(And I assume that if the 'curse' strikes those merely walking on Uluru, it'll hit those stealing from it in spades...)

Thanks for everyone's kind words!
Joyeux Noel...

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

PS Waht flavour is Festivus? Sounds like cross between Rocky Road & Tutti-Frutti.

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

Stu
Time Trapper

Ben & Jerry describes it as "a sassy batch of brown sugar cinnamon ice cream loaded with gingerbread cookies and a ginger caramel swirl."

Festivus press release.

I thought it was quite tasty. Unfortunately, it was a limited-edition flavor two years ago, and they no longer produce it... [Frown]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.