Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Go Team Venture! Now on DVD! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Go Team Venture! Now on DVD!
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I got the Venture Brothers Season One dvd from Netflix last night. The two disk set has all 13 episodes from the first season, and DVD extras include the pilot episode, the Christmas Special, deleted scenes (which mostly appear to be storyboards and voiceovers), and a silly little feature called Animating Hank and Dean.

About half the episodes seem to have audio commentary from the creators, although very little of the commentary seems to have anything to do with the episodes... or even the cartoon. Much of it appears to be personal anecdotes from the creators' personal lives. I guess there is only so much commentary you can make on a cartoon [Smile]

I had seen all 13 of the season one episodes, and although it seemed vaguely familiar I don't think I had seen the pilot before. The Christmas Episode was completely new to me.

I'm definitely putting this DVD on my wishlist. I loves me some Venture Brothers. And only a few short weeks until the Second Season premiere! That's the tits!

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, this is a must-buy for me.

Pop out a heads-up before Season 2 premieres.

Considering how season 1 ended, that should be interesting.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Lashie Poo, Season 2 premieres Sunday June 25th.

There is also an interview with creator Jackson Publick at Newsarama

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I re-watched my VBS1 last week and had a wonderful time... then it dawned on me I hadn't gotten VBS2 yet.

Then began a week-long fiasco as I desperately searched for VBS2.

First, I was going to the Target after work last Friday and was cut off by a train. The train was one of those slOOOOOOoooow movers, so I said forget it, this will keep.

Yesterday, I happened to be near a Target in a neighboring city, stopped in... and found only an empty shelf above the VBS2 label. BAH!

But yay, there was a Best Buy down the street... only it wasn't open yet. Curses, foiled again!

And today on the way to my Mom's, I remembered there was a Best Buy only barely out of the way. Accent on the "was". When I went by there today it was closed down. WTF?!?!

I want my VBS2!!!!

I'm going to try the Target near work again tomorrow-- if anything goes wrong, I'm going to take this as a sign that I'm NOT supposed to get VBS2. Go... *choke*... Team venture!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Spellbinder
Founder

Has season two been released yet?

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Yeppers, came out in April... I FINALLY got it and it RAWKS.

After the credits of the final episode, the line "Venture Brothers will return" appears.... YAY!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

And return it has!!!

Don't miss anymore of Season 3. Finally, a reason to not dread SUNDAY NIGHTS!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

OUT TODAY: Venture Brothers Season 3 on DVD!

I got mine already, remembering the minor hellishness that occured with my frequently-foiled attempts to get Season 2 four months after its release!

--------------------

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Cool! I missed a couple of episodes of S3 so I really have something to look forward to.
Thanks for the news Lash!

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

First 2 eps watched, all sortsa ass kicked (metaphorically). This show rules.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I started disc 2 last night. It is nothing short of amazing how much MEAT is built upon the Venture brothers mythos. EVERY epsiode reveals something else entwined in the VB tapestry... So Col. Gentleman is the stepfather of Dr. Quimn? Cool... and i *love* Nancy and Drew, the naughty little minxes/sweeties! Any fan of comics not watching this is truly missing out.

My fave ep so far might be "Now Museum, Now you Don't" which features Jonas Venture Jr.'s opening of the museum on Spider Skull Island as well as the original Team Venture.

One thing: Jonas Venture was a lowdown bastard, wasn't he? We have learned this season that he abandoned his friend and former original Team Venture member (the giant guy, who later became an a tiny guy... a clear Hank Pym analogue) AND that he abandoned the orphans who were trapped beneath the Venture compound (DAMN, that place is FULL of secrets)....

I kinda hope he gets exonerated somehow by having it explained that he died BEFORE he got around to solving all these problems... but maybe Rusty is right, and he was a real ass.

--------------------

3-G
If looks could kill..

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3-G   Author's Homepage   Email 3-G         Edit/Delete Post     
I hear you. This quickly became one of my favorite cartoons ever! It's well worth the time invested to watch these.

They're back on the cartoon Network on Saturday nights too! I caught it last night at 10pm Central so keep an eye out.

--------------------
I'm too sexy for my shirt.

From: Brightonopolis | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Thanks, will do so tonight!

--------------------

3-G
If looks could kill..

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3-G   Author's Homepage   Email 3-G         Edit/Delete Post     
Oopsie

I guess it's only going to be Friday nights. I didn't lie, not on purpose, really really.

It was the one where Sgt. Hatred has a house party for his new Arch Enemy - 2nd ep. of Season3?

"Dr. Used-to-be-his-girlfriend" [LOL]

--------------------
I'm too sexy for my shirt.

From: Brightonopolis | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I could have sworn I'd made a post on one of these Venture Bros. threads before but I can't find it now. It might have occurred during that time when I was writing long posts here at Legion World and then deciding to delete them rather than send them for some reason. I was doing that a lot at one point. [Frown]

Anyhoo, I've been going on a Venture Bros. marathon this week and I am loving it! I've just rewatched the first two seasons and am now about to begin season 3, which I've never seen before. I think I'd delayed watching it for so long because I hadn't really enjoyed the second season when I first saw it a few years ago. Well I don't know what I was thinking then because I thought it was a hoot this time!

I just love the complicated and crowded 'world' that the creators have made with this show. Choc full of colourful characters and places and ideas and with a real sense of history to everything. And all of it hilarious of course! My favorites are the Monarch and Rusty Venture and their pathetic (one-sided) rivalry! Unfortunately, I find Hank and Dean and Brock all a bit annoying and one-note but the stories around them are funny enough for me to look past that.

Looking forward to starting on season 3.

[ January 27, 2012, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.