Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Anyone know of a reputable online comic store?

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone know of a reputable online comic store?
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
My LCS is just missing too many of my books. He used to be really good but I am having to track down to many on my own. Tired of trying to find books on ebay. So, I need one thats reputable. If anyone uses one thats trustworthy, please let me know. Thanks.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
i've used all three of these with great results:

my comic shop

new kadia

and there's also in stock trades for trades.

--------------------
http://www.adrianaferguson.com
http://joteivv.deviantart.com
http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
if Pov hasn't seen this thread, PM him. As I recall, he seems to be a knowledgeable source on comparative mail services.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I've had good luck with:

www.milehighcomics.com

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by ActorLad:
I've had good luck with:

www.milehighcomics.com

I'll second that one! Mile High has always been good to me.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I've used Mile High's N.I.C.E. program before, too. My only caveats with them were that their discount system was kinda weird and their shipping was a little slow. Also, their website is in desperate need of some more user-friendliness updating. It's barely changed at all since 2000. But otherwise, they were pretty solid.

I also used an online company called Perpetual Comics. Though the discounts were good, the website had huge problems trying to arrange payment. I'm pretty sure they're out of business, actually.

Pov has said good things about DCBS which is his new comics service. I can vouch for them as I frequently use In-Stock Trades (another arm of the same business) and have had nothing but good experiences with them.

Other reputable online subscription services are Lonestar Comics (also called mycomicshop) and Midtown Comics. I've dealt with both for back issues, and they've been terrific.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I've also had good experiences with Mile High and Lonestar for back issues and would use them again.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks guys, thats a big help. I'll check these out.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.