Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Oh My GOD, that's annoying! (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Oh My GOD, that's annoying!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Why are there still car alarms? Has anyone in the last 5 years ever heard their car alarm go off and check to see if something was wrong? I don't even know if I have one--so if mine's ever gone off, I definitely didn't turn it off.

It was a good experiment but it failed and it's just annoying. Eliminate them completely from cars.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
People at conventions who stop in crowded walkways to take pictures of people in costumes.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Why are there still car alarms? Has anyone in the last 5 years ever heard their car alarm go off and check to see if something was wrong? I don't even know if I have one--so if mine's ever gone off, I definitely didn't turn it off.

It was a good experiment but it failed and it's just annoying. Eliminate them completely from cars.

When a car alarm goes off on my street, my only thought is "Shut that blankety-blank thing off!"

Also back when car alarms first came out my friends and I were walking through a parking lot and brushed against a car that had a voice alarm. The voice said "This is a secured vehicle. Please step away from the car." We stayed for a bit and taunted the car. "I'm near you." "I'm touching you."

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Quis, that sounds like a country honky tonk song,

"Tauntin' Cars an' Hittin' Bars"

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
We have a set of blue-and-gray carts at work that look kind of like super-sized library carts. The damn things are necessary for the job, and yet each and every last one of them is so cheap and/or poorly maintained that it steers across the warehouse like it's possessed by demons. They weave like a drunk on New Years Eve. They squeak. They freeze up when you want them to move and they move when you want them to stay still. Regardless of whether or not one's standing on a level or unlevel part of the floor while trying to use them. It drives me crazy! The fact that standard procedure is to pull a pallet of goods behind oneself while pushing The Cart From Hades in front of oneself only makes the agita that much worse, since then one has to try and control The Beast while steering with only one hand.

Pulling the cart instead of pushing it solves no problems, as it's apt to move too quickly and bark up against one's Achilles tendon-- or any other part of the laborer that's not protected by steel toes.

You should hear the colorful language that I've managed to produce when this has happened. Er, but-- maybe it's better that you can't.

[No]

[ September 09, 2010, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I... I like colorful language. Blue Moon. Red sunset. Foamy green surf... Has anyone seen my kitten?

*see, toldja I was annoying.

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
You painted your kitten? I hope it was with edible paint. [No]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

nah, dyed elmer's glue. Kitten got happy every time he heard Lionel Richie's "Stuck on you..."

--------------------

Something pithy!

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
You know what's annoying? People who stand *RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SIDEWALK!* I'm in NYC so obviously it's more of an issue here than in many other places, but if you're in a group of some sort, how do you feel it's appropriate to just fucking hang out in the middle of a busy sidewalk so everyone has to walk all the way around you or have to weave their way through you saying "excuse me" the whole time and then *barely* make the slightest effort to step aside and then afterwards just resuming your position at the center of the goddamed universe!?!

Anytime I find myself in a group like that I immediately feel self-conscious and suggest my group step to the side to get out of the way - even if there's no one there at the time. but hey, that's just me not being a giant flaming dick...

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
A variation of this that I have mentioned before is the couple. You are walking on a narrow sidewalk or stairs. Coming from the opposite direction is the couple walking together. Now instead of splitting up and going single file, they continue as a couple, sometimes they squeeze together a bit. Heaven forbid that they stop walking side by side for just a few seconds. I am sure that will end their whole relationship.

And don't get me started about people with strollers, especially on a bus.

Obviously there are a few couples and people with strollers who do make an effort to be courteous and not be in the way, but they seem outnumbered by the others.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

On a related note: I'm gonna' go nuclear against the next jackass on the bus who insists on occupying the OUTER (aisle) of two bus seats by himself/herself when the bus is clearly full or near-capacity full.

The other day, I had to stand over one such specimen waving my hand in front of her face repeatedly before she would deign to share the seat with me at rush hour.

(Do people seriously think that if they look through you and concentrate on their music/texting/random toy long enough, you'll eventually give up and let them have one seat for themselves plus one for their damn handbag/backpack on a crowded bus? Guess again, Princess. I've already been standing up today for almost eight hours straight and my left ankle/foot is in a damn brace! Pick up your ugly carryall and move the hell over before I effing kill you! Spoiled @#$%*! brat.)

And she didn't just slide over and let me sit down, or get up, or even turn sideways so I could easily get to the window seat without having to struggle with a bad foot on a moving bus. No, she just sat there and made me CLIMB OVER HER to reach the window seat, lest she lose five precious seconds of texting some other twit-- who was doubtless also being a jerk across town on some other bus.

[AHHHH!!!!] [AHHHH!!!!] [AHHHH!!!!]

[deep breath]

Okay. I'm better now. Thanks, LMB.

[ September 20, 2010, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

That reminds me of riding the subway on the weekend when there is something happening like a Red Sox game. All these people from the burbs come in and use the subway. They will crowd around the door waiting to get on a train and then stop right inside the door. You then have to get by them to get on. I assume they are afraid that they will get stuck on the subway and miss their stop. Heavens what will they do if that happens?

--------------------

cleome46

Oy. [No]

Quis, I've seen similar when I have to travel by the light rail past the stadium on game or concert nights. The best part is when the fans in question spend their whole trip commenting loudly to each other about how much they hate the city and all the weirdos they have to share the rails with in order to watch their precious basketball or rock concert live.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
What you are both describing is depressingly like D.C. Metro travel.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

The language of jerkitude knows no state boundary, OM.

--------------------

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.