Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Fav Fast Food? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Fav Fast Food?
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Miss Hardees. They all pulled out of Utah a few years ago. They had the best San Francisco Sourdough hamburger. And their peach cobbler dessert. YUM!
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay... Help a confused Aussie understand what it is you're actually eating!?!

What the hell are Chik-Fil-A's, McGriddles, Waffle Fries and Peach Cobbler? It's like you're ordering from the Bizarro World Menu or something... [Wink] I mean, a Peach Cobbler sounds like someone fitting shoes to fruit or something, and Waffle Fries...??? Whassupwithat??? [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, these are waffle fries:

-

And Chik-Fil-A is sort of like KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) in that they specialize in chicken dishes. What we find is 1000 times better about CFA over KFC is that Chik does not use MSG in any of its menu. Caroline and her whole family are deathly allergic to MSG so we have to watch what kind of fast foods and even store bought items we eat.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

And this is the best way I know of to describe Peach Cobbler:

3 pounds peaches, stoned, sliced and skinless
1 1/3 ounces common flour (5 Tablespoons)
4 ounces granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
9 ounces cake flour (2 cups sifted)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 ounces melted butter, unsalted (3 Tablespoons)
1 egg
Use a pan about 9"x13" and 2-3' deep for a home batch. The fruit should half fill it.

After mixing the first flour and sugar together, toss it to coat the peaches.

Mix the streusel-like cake topping: put the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl with the paddle and start it at a low speed. Stream in the butter first, then the egg. It should have a large crumbly texture.

Distribute the topping evenly, making an effort to cover the fruit.

Sprinkle the whole with cinnamon sugar or streusel and bake at 325 F. for about two hours. Poke into the center of the topping to make sure it is almost done. It will finish off as it cools to room temperature.

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow.

Peach Cobbler sounds like Apple Crumble - dunno if that's found outside of OZ - pretty much sub semi-stewed apples for peaches and I think you've got it.

But those waffle fries... Are they really made of waffle mixture? Terrifyingly, fatteningly interesting.

PS - Scott, it's the same here in OZ. V. hard to find a place that isn't liberally coating their entire range in MSG. And add in the fact that we're right on the doorway to SE Asia and China and you'll understand what we've gotta put up with.

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Waffle fries are just regular french fries with a waffle cut. But yours sound like they'd be interesting.

And I understand where you're coming from Wayne. Its hard enough trying to find a decent place to eat that doesn't coat their menu in the stuff without being right outside their doorway. I guess Caroline would have to stick with vegamite if we ever went Down Under.

Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm a big fan of Sonic Drive-In (Fritos chili pie, strawberry limeade, chicken fried steak sandwich on Texas toast), In-n-Out Burger (Double Doubles and their freshly-cut fries), Chik-Fil-A, Rally's/Checkers, Krystal's/White Castle, and Krispy Kreme.

When I'm in Texas, I also like to drop by Whataburger (whataname!).

When I was younger, I was hugely addicted to McDonald's fries and McChicken sandwiches...

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

And when I'm in Canada, I never miss having poutine. Even the poutine at Harvey's isn't too bad.
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Subs: By far my favorite is Blimpie's Tuna (I'm a big fan of tuna salad) but their Cubans come in a close second. Quizno's subs are also great! Subway's/Fazoli's will do as a substitute (respectively) if neither of the others are readily available

Burgers: Wendy's Classic Double w/Cheese ketchup only comes in first with McD Quarter Pounder w/cheese in second place (McD's fries are the best however) (PS: White Castle was/is WAY better than Krystal's, IMO)

Chicken: We've just started getting stand alone Chik-Fil-A around here in the last 6 mo-1yr and I haven't tried them out yet so I guess KFC Original for me.

Breakfast: McD's Sausage Bisquits or Egg McMuffins

Others:Arby's Roast Beef & Cheedar, Krispy Kreme

Okay, now I'm hungry. What's for lunch?

V

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Subway foot long BMT with the works (except olives).

Chipotle Chicken Fajita Burrito with the hot salsa plus a bottle of Tabasco Chipotle sauce at hand.

Krispy Kreme Donuts (which I really shouldn't have anymore, but hey...)

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Love Chipotle's carnitas burritos with corn salsa and guacamole.

Just had a Chick-Fil-A sandwich, waffle fries, and sweet tea today, as a matter of fact. Very tasty. The flavoring of their chicken sandwiches does remind me of KFC original recipe, which (IMO) is a good thing.

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
The flavoring of their chicken sandwiches does remind me of KFC original recipe, which (IMO) is a good thing.

Not for the people at KFC I imagine -- does this mean there's a leak? Has someone stolen the Colonel's original recipe of 11 herbs and spices?!?

Btw, I saw this thing on the food network that explained the development of the McGriddle and that the toughest part was infusing the griddle cakes with just the right amount of syrup so that it wasn't soggy etc... interesting stuff and it actually made me want to try one! (I'm not sure I'd want to see how a McNugget is made though)

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Last Friday I had my first McGriddle-- I loved it SO much I had 2 on Sunday!!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Lightning Lad
Founder

I'll tell you one ingredient that Chick-Fil-A doesn't use that KFC does. MSG. Monosodium Glutamate. Pure poison. Caroline's whole family, like a growing number of people, are extremely allergic to it. The active ingredient, aspartme, should be banned for use in any foodstuffs. But it is also used in sugar-free items like soda so I doubt that will ever happen.

[edit note]

Sorry, just noticed I had already talked about MSG and KFC earlier in the thread. Don't want to sound like I'm preaching.

[ December 24, 2003, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Definitely KFC, that's where most of us students hang out. McDonald's (McDo, as we call it) comes in a close second, though.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.