Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Smallville ... MAJOR SPOILERS (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Smallville ... MAJOR SPOILERS
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Beagz:

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE a Legion connection, but I just feel like that would open up too big a can of worms, and just TOTALLY wind up confusing the general audience.

But I don't care about the general audience. I just wanna see the Legion on TV!!! Then they could claim the elusive and lucrative matlock demographic - over 30 males with no discretionary income to speak of. The advertising buyers couldn't say no to that.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The actress that's to play Lois was at the con (SDCC). Quite pleasant on the eye, too... [Wink]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
*I* have it figured out!!!!!!

They're gonna introduce Kal's cousin. No, no, no ... not Kara. His OTHER cousin. You know ... the dimwitted one. Marv-El.

(Okay, okay ... I'm leaving for a bit ... I can take a hint!!!!!)

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
http://www.kryptonsite.com/ has a rumor that Smallville will be visited by a certain speedster this next season. And the biggest surprise is that it will be Bart Allen.

[ August 11, 2004, 08:36 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
No way!! XS!!! [XS]

[Wink] [Wink]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Kryptonsite is now confirming that this will happen on the 5th episode to air October 20. Maybe instead of introing the Legion in the final episode of this coming season they'll form the Teen Titans instead. [Big Grin]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

The very same site, Kryptonsite is now reporting that singer Ben Jelen is in talks to play Bart.

You can see the rumor and a pic of Jelen here: http://www.kryptonsite.com/rumorville.htm

Lightning Lad
Founder

So not only are we getting the appearance of Lois and the Flash, Margot Kidder will be appearing as an associate of Dr. Swan AND, sometime in the first seven episodes we'll get Mxyzptlk as well.

Maybe I'll get a chance to actually watch this season.

Stu
Time Trapper

What I don't quite get is why DC is so nitpicky about seemingly minor issues, such as why Lois can't be in more than 13 episodes this season, or even more substantial ones, such as which version of the Flash this one is going to be.

Since (as far as I know) the TV show has nothing at all to do with the comics -- sort of like an extended Elseworlds -- what difference does it make whether this Flash is Barry, Wally, or Bart?

UltraStar
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UltraStar   Email UltraStar         Edit/Delete Post     
I was thinking that maybe the thing that leads to something die-hard fans will recognize could be Pete and Lex's political career beginning.

Or since Lois is here maybe Pete and Lana hook up...they did get married in the comics.

Legion or a Phantom Zone story would be sweet, though.

I'd still like to see Clark be-friend an amnesiac boy who he believes to be a brother and names him on a Mon-day.

--------------------
Go conquer the universe for me...for the god whose image you have carved your own homeworld as a monument.Go... for your master...
For Darkseid!

From: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valor the M'Onell
Anything but a marvel

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valor the M'Onell   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I think the Phantom Zone is inside the cave or something.Meh what do I know
From: Australia | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

I didn't really care for Erica Durance in the stills and ads I saw for Smallville, but after watching the show, I have a much higher opinion of her in the role of Lois. I don't think she's perfect, but she's not as bad as I feared she might be.

It also kind of gave me goosebumps to see the "previous" Lana and Lois in the same scene together...

UltraStar
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UltraStar   Email UltraStar         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked the visual effect they used for Kal-El's "take off" just before he flew...

...and the flying, even though I thought I'd hate that in this series.

and Lois was hot, too...

Nice.

[ September 29, 2004, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: UltraStar ]

--------------------
Go conquer the universe for me...for the god whose image you have carved your own homeworld as a monument.Go... for your master...
For Darkseid!

From: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bIZARRO nO.1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bIZARRO nO.1           Edit/Delete Post     
mARGOT kIDDOR AM suPER-bABE!! mE AM LOVE HOW BOTCHED FACELIFT AM MAKE HER LOOK LIKE THE jOKER!

hER AM MUST HAVE SAME SURGEON AS mICHAEL jACKSON & mARY tYLER mOORE!

hOORAY!!

From: bIZARRO wORLD | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bIZARRO nO.1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bIZARRO nO.1           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
What I don't quite get is why DC is so nitpicky about seemingly minor issues, such as why Lois can't be in more than 13 episodes this season, or even more substantial ones, such as which version of the Flash this one is going to be.

Since (as far as I know) the TV show has nothing at all to do with the comics -- sort of like an extended Elseworlds -- what difference does it make whether this Flash is Barry, Wally, or Bart?

iT AM GIVE EXECUTIVES SOMETHING TO DO, OTHERWISE AM BE COMPLETELY USELESS.

wAIT AN HOUR! mE AM love USELESS! yAY eXECUTIVES!!! hOORAY!

From: bIZARRO wORLD | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.