Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2 (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire - Part 2
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
So where shall we play tonight? Anyone have a preference?

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
No preference here.

Just read on the Dev thread that they applied a patch to the test server that should fix the cape mission. Actually it wasn't just affecting cape missions but any mission that involved saving/protecting an object(s). I'm going to try it out and see how it goes solo.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Powerslide screen cap

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Mysa's ready to go when you are.

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
What I meant is do I just create a subfolder
in the COH folder for the COH Test folder or
do I make a folder that's entirely outside
the COH one?

hmmm...

It sounds like the latter.

I finished another story arc for Blue. Got
him within 3 bubbles of 29. 8-)

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Vee:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
Ok, I'm going to ask on the test server
again.

I create a folder called COH-test?

Do I put it as a subfolder in my COH or do I
make it a completely secondary folder?

I copy everything from COH and put it in the
COH-test folder?

And then I rename the COH.EXE file? To what?

DO NOT put it under CoH.

Make it a separate folder. Copy everything in the CoH folder to the CoH-test folder. Then rename the new CoHupdater.exe to CohUpdater.exe" -test (exactly as I've typed it or just copy & paste it from here)

Then be sure to create a shortcut for it called CoH test server (or whatever you want to call it that will distinguish it from your regular one.

That should allow you to log on to the test server. You'll probably have to wait for an update the first time you do but it shouldn't be too long.

It doesn't work, Vee. I must be doing something
wrong. It won't let me put a quotation mark in the file, and when I copied what you wrote that
didnt'work either. It asks me what program I want
to open it up with.

Lightning Lad
Founder

On the shortcut just leave the name as is. Go to the end of it and after the ending " place a space then -test.
Lightning Lad
Founder

This is what the shortcut should look like (depending on where you placed it on your on pc of course):

"C:\Program Files\City of Heroes\CohUpdater.exe" -test

Blue Battler
Honorary

How on Earth are you able to get a " in your
file name? Everytime I try it says that
"A file name cannot contain any of the following
parameters: \/:*"<>|"

Lightning Lad
Founder

With the shortcut made you right click on it, chose properties. In the target field you can make the change.
Vee
Still smoooooth!

You're not changing the file name to that in the folder. You are chaging the properties of the shortcut

--------------------

Blue Battler
Honorary

Okay.

Figured that out, but it's downloading
everything into the file rather than copying
it, so I guess it'll be a while. 8-)

Blue Battler
Honorary

Okay. It's up and running. How do I import
a character into it?

Lightning Lad
Founder

You have to go to the Character loader. Just a second.
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Issue #2 has been loaded up to the test server and is now available to try out!

Check out this link if you need to know how to set up the test server and this one for instructions on how to copy a live server character over.

If I wasn't working so damn late I'd be for trying it out!

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.