Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Rockstar INXS (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Rockstar INXS
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
BTW, I didn't erase last night's episode yet. If you want I can make up some MP3 of the performances and let you know when they are ready and where to grab them.

That would be absolutely great Scott. Thanks so much.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone catch this last night? It wasn't the best night for some, but a few really shone.

The good - Ty did an incredible job with Everybody Hurts. The guy can really sing.
MYG did a great job with Lola - the guy just oozed sex appeal last night. I could really see him fronting INXS.
Marty gave a great performance of Lithium. While I don't care for the song (or Nirvana), Marty has great stage presence.
Jordis was good, as were Suzie and Tara, but I don't think they reached the level of the guys above.

The bad:

The worst was JD with a horrible, lacklustre off-key version of "We Are the Champions." This guy really sucked, sounded amateurish and certainly got his come-uppance after so much arrogance last week. His fellow contestants really dislike him.

Most of the others were just so-so and I just can't remember them.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
JD was definitely the worst. Overall, I had the same feelings about last night's performances as you.

Ty just killed. I wish he had more time with the song though. Everybody Hurts needs more than 90 seconds to really get going.

Mig (is it Myg?) did good with Lola. Not a spot on performance vocally but as a stage act it was perfect. And he was believable for the song, you know? He could appeal to either sex and that will take him a long way.

When I heard Marty was going to do Nirvana I began to pray for his soul. I knew Dave Navarro would literally leap across the stage and kill him with one of his tattoos if he screwed it up. I thought Marty did well with it and I'm a Nirvana fan.

No one else really stood out for me. The woman were way off, especially my favorite, Jordis. But JD should have been slapped after what he did to Champions. At the very least he needs to go tonight.

I can't believe we are the only two watching this Semi. I love this show so much more than AI.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
JI can't believe we are the only two watching this Semi. I love this show so much more than AI.

I suspect that the others just haven't discovered it yet. Typically, summer series tend to be a bit cheesy, and maybe people are wary of this one. I think it's a real gem, though. I expect that quite a few of these performers have great careers ahead of them. They've obviously fronted bands before. They come across as professionals, while American Idol contestants come across as only having sung at their dads' office Christmas parties.
knowjack
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowjack           Edit/Delete Post     
Finally watched this last night. Marty and Ty were the best, by far. I'd like to see more of MiG and the blond girl who sang "Give a Little Bit". Jordis also has potential.

The rest weren't very good, IMO.

From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bubble Wrap Boy
Perpetually Horny Crimefighter

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bubble Wrap Boy   Email Bubble Wrap Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Brandon? totally butchered Tempted. I cringed throughout the whole performance. Missed JD and Ty [Frown] Mig was sexy as hell, damn those jeans looked INCREDIBLE on him! And I can't decide if the wedding band turned me on or off! Jordis was great. Love her.
From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm in shock. SHOCK! I can't believe who was in the bottom three let alone who was sent home. [Frown]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

I didn't think Heather would go. She was a contender, in my opinion. The positive thing is that any of these people can front a band and I expect that they will (or already do).

I'm beginning to wonder if any woman really stands a chance. Does INXS, always an all male band have any intention of being fronted by a woman? I wonder.

I was surprised that JD was not in the bottom 3, but I guess he escaped on the strength of his past performances. I'm also not really appreciating Brandon and don't expect him to win, but who knows.

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

This continues to be a great show. The standouts last night, imo, were Jordis, Marty and JD. Very good were Deeana and MiG. All of the others were good -- there certainly isn't a bad performer in the bunch.

As much as I don't care for JD's immaturity, I think he, Marty, and MiG are the contenders. If I thought INXS was serious about a woman (which I don't) I'd have Jordis in there as well.

How will they do a sequel? Rockstar: The Doors; Rockstar: the Beatles [Wink]

Lightning Lad
Founder

I think after Marty's performance last night the gig is his to lose. That's two weeks running he just knocked it out of the park and I think he's the best fit currently. I'd like to hear him do some of their music but, of couse, only those in the bottom three perform the INXS songs. At least currently. They have to come to a time soon where the remaining contestants perform the music they'll be doing if they win.

As for a sequel the Doors would be out since the lawsuit they just settled saying the name can't be used. And two of the remaining members have been touring with the "Doors of the 21st Century" lately, using new talent. Who else could use a new lead singer? Styx? Maybe put Journey back together? [Smile]

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

So Tara was booted last night. Of the three - Ty, Brandon, and Tara - she was probably the one to go. I do like her though - but i see her more as a pop singer rather than a rocker. She's very pretty and has a nice stage presence. I think if she finds her niche she could be very successful.

I don't expect Brandon to be around too much longer. Every time I look at him I think to myself, "This guy looks like an addict or alcoholic in recovery." There's just something wierd about him.

Bubble Wrap Boy
Perpetually Horny Crimefighter

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bubble Wrap Boy   Email Bubble Wrap Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Tara has a great voice, but she always preforms like she's bored out of her mind. There's like a dis-connect between her voice and the rest of her body, these lovely words are coming out, but to look at her you'd think she was wondering whether or not she'd left the iron on when she left the house.

Brandon... Brandon is just scary.

[ August 04, 2005, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Bubble Wrap Boy ]

From: Boston | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I'll agree with you both on Brandon. He looks like someone who has issues. If they let him join the band they better make sure to lock their doors and have seperate rooms.

But as to Tara, I was glad to finally see her go. I never really got much from her performances and she never seem to really care to be there.

I found it interesting that there is no Monday show this next week. The first week I'd be able to watch too because Hell's Kitchen is over.

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Scott, the Monday night show is no longer on CBS. They've moved it to Sunday on VH! (which is owned by CBS). I believe it's on at 8:00 p.m. They announced that on last night's show.
Lightning Lad
Founder

I must have totally missed that announcement. Thanks Semi!
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.