Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Ghost Rider Movie Official Thread...SPOILERS (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Ghost Rider Movie Official Thread...SPOILERS
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
The trailer doesn't really thrill me. I don't exactly have high expectations for the film in the first place, but something about the CGI bothers me. Ghost Rider seems kinda plastic to me and the leather too matte in most of the shots in the preview. I'd have preferred something a little more high contrast and a tad grainier, even if some of the details are lost (cuz really, all the detail you need is that flaming skull and you want that to stand out). A few of the action shots also seemed overly ambitious for the technology, making it look obviously fake (not as bad as "Van Helsing", but that would be a good example of what I hope "GR" doesn't end up emulating).
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a link to another pic, looks pretty good to me.

http://superherohype.com/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Ghost_Rider/The_Movie/Movie_Stills&image=ghostrider3.jpg&img=&tt=

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump]

Opens a week from Friday.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
Must not have looked far enough when I started my thread... [Big Grin]

But anyway, I don't think it's going to be a great movie by any standard, but I am hoping that it will be entertaining. I've seen the novelization is out, but I've avoided picking it up so far, though I may go ahead and get it once I see the movie.

I used to ALWAYS get the novelizations to movies I enjoyed. [Big Grin]

I wish they had picked someone younger than Nicholas Cage to play Johnny Blaze though...

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Its definately worth seeing. Saw it earlier today infact. keep an eye out for Rebel Wilson in a cameo - she's my homegirl [Love]
Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Joe-Boy Harvestar:
Its definately worth seeing. Saw it earlier today infact. keep an eye out for Rebel Wilson in a cameo - she's my homegirl [Love]
Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

I've seen her in the commercials, describing GH to a reporter. Still cracks me up.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah she's a Funny B*tch lol

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's what i hope i don't see: The now obligatory "Big Party" scene. It seems that ever since Batman, every movie about superhero's has the big party scene where everyone is in a tux. Each one keeps trying to outdo the other.

It's become cliche.

Stop IT, I beg of thou.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Just came back from a "sneak peek", good show. If you're already a fan of the GR mythos you should really enjoy the movie.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved the last year or so of the Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider series in the 80s where Zarathos and he were finally separated. Something about it just clicked with me.

[Big Grin]

UltraStar
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UltraStar   Email UltraStar         Edit/Delete Post     
Saw it yesterday and I loved it.
It was alot better than I had thought it would be.
I feared the worst because of the delays and the release date being pushed back but I defenately enjoyed it despite some weak story plots that made no sense (both Riders in the desert...why again?)

Great popcorn flick.

--------------------
Go conquer the universe for me...for the god whose image you have carved your own homeworld as a monument.Go... for your master...
For Darkseid!

From: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

I just got home from seeing it.

It's definitely a lot of fun and worth seeing.

Like Ultra said, great popcorn movie.

Lightning Lad
Founder

#1 for the weekend. #1 opening of the year. #1 opening of Cage's career. And tomorrow it may break the record for #1 opening on President's Day weekend. Sounds good. Of course they are already talking sequel.

Can't wait for it to hit Brewvies.

Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
Here's what i hope i don't see: The now obligatory "Big Party" scene. It seems that ever since Batman, every movie about superhero's has the big party scene where everyone is in a tux. Each one keeps trying to outdo the other.

It's become cliche.

Stop IT, I beg of thou.

Wouldn't that require someone in Hollywood to have an original thought? You should know better than to ask for the impossible.

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't see it until March, but I definitely had a good time. Like the comments above, I felt it was not high art but a really good popcorn movie.

Since I saw it, I've seen it repeatedly referred to as if it were the worst comic movie ever. Why? I mean, Ghost Rider hasn't been more than a 2nd- or 3rd-tier character anyway, and his various series were never anything resembling high art or even defined by a creator's superlative run like many other comic characters. So it seems we got an entirely appropriately popcorn movie for a popcorn character.

So why all the hate?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.