Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Fav Fast Food? (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Fav Fast Food?
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Last Friday I had my first McGriddle-- I loved it SO much I had 2 on Sunday!!!!

I think McGriddles are McTasty! They're not for everyone, though. I had my first one in the company of two friends who were also trying it for the first time. Neither of them liked theirs -- in fact, one of them said that he found it "disgusting." At that point, I promptly said, "Good, more for me!" and finished off his as well. [Big Grin]

Since that time, I've had McGriddles every time I've passed by a McDonald's during breakfast hours...

[ December 25, 2003, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: STU ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Definitely KFC, that's where most of us students hang out. McDonald's (McDo, as we call it) comes in a close second, though.

Hey, IB -- do you like Jollibee?

There are a couple of them here in the States, and I love their food, especially their Palabok Fiesta, spaghetti, and peach mango pies!

They also have a cute mascot:  -

Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Have to say that a real old fashioned portion of Fish and Chips from the local corner "chippy" is still a fav of mine. Getting harder to find a good chippy now they have moved over to frying in veg oils and stuff. The batter never quite tastes the same.

And, (time for a guilty pleasure) after a good few beers then a donna kebab with chilli sauce is a must
[drool]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
[Lightning Lad]
{[...] MSG. Monosodium Glutamate. Pure poison. Caroline's whole family, like a growing number of people, are extremely allergic to it. }

MSG allergies are far from uncommon, but I'm curious about what told you that they're "growing." That would suggest it's environmentally induced, rather than (primarily) genetic. In any event, I've thrived on this "poison" for years.

{ The active ingredient, aspart[a]me, should be banned for use in any foodstuffs. But it is also used in sugar-free items like soda so I doubt that will ever happen. }

Sorry, but this is not correct. Aspartame has nothing to do with MSG, which is centuries old. Aspartame is a sweetener created from two amino acids -- not glutamic acid -- only about thirty years ago. It only has a sweetening effect on the human palate -- it's otherwise non-nutritious and biochemically inert. Some Websites have sprung up blaming aspartame for many ills ranging from blindness to death, but the science I've seen brought to bear to "support" this has ranged from shoddy to non-existent.

Does Caroline and her family have a bad reaction to aspartame in soft drinks? She could have inherited a minor or partial case of phenylketonuria, where one of the two amino acids in aspartame can't be fully broken down by the body.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
The McGriddle-- disgusting? NO WAY, man!

It's by far the best breakfast thingie I've ever tried.

Tell your friend to lay off the dope for a while, IT'S WARPED HIS MIND!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Stu
Time Trapper

I'm so glad McDonald's introduced McGriddles because it makes the breakfast choice so much easier. Before the McGriddle, I had to decide from among breakfast sandwiches served on English muffins, biscuits, or bagels.

Now the decision is easy... it's sweet, sweet griddle cake for me all the way!

Stu
Time Trapper

Another weakness of mine is anything from Dairy Queen. I just had a DQ hot dog and spicy bacon cheeseburger (with Tabasco sauce mayo, I think) tonight, finished with a brownie Blizzard.
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I've got to give props to Sonic for their Chili Cheese Wrap. Real artery-clogging goodness there.

Props to the Buffalo Chicken Burrito at California Tortilla as well.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

I love Chick-Fil-A's chicken club sandwich. Actually, what I really love about it is the smoked honey barbecue sauce -- like the name implies, it's just the right combination of sweet honey and smokey barbecue flavor.

Plus, they've got some of the best sweet tea you can find at a fast food place -- both very sweet and very tea-flavored.

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I've recently become fond of the Quiznos Mesquite Chicken with Bacon sandwich. The chili sauce you can get on the side is rather tasty as well.

I usually get a salad instead of chips so I can convince myself I'm somehow eating healthier. As an onus, Quiznos is the only sandwich joint I know that serves Diet Mountain Dew.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I like that horseradish dressing they have at Quizno's. I usually throw that on whatever sandwich I get there.

Lately I'm into those new chicken sandwiches at McDonald's -- they're pretty good.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Battler
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Battler   Email Blue Battler         Edit/Delete Post     
I love Wendy's double cheeseburgers with ketchup
and mustard only.

Penn Station's Sausage Sub rocks, and they make
a killer Reuben.

Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
"I also like Chik-Fil-A, but I still feel "wrong" if I don't get it at a mall."

The Cherry Hill Chick Fil-A moved across the street from the Cherry Hill Mall, apparently because the Mall management had a "problem" with their policy of being CLOSED on Sundays. These days I go to the Chick Fil-A more than the Mall-- so who's losing there?

I love the "club" sandwich (the one with "everything"), AND the "waffle fries". But my main thing is the "chargrilled garden salad" (one of the few "healthy" meals I eat). AND, I love the "chicken salad sandwich", which I get toasted (but NOT CUT!!), pop it in the frig and eat the next day-- or later. Cherry Hill had a "buy 1 get 1 free" offer for YEARS... not anymore. Oh well!

So on at least one occasion lately, I went in there and got 3 separate meals in one trip! The "hot" mean for now, the other two for later.

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
("we are the world... we are the children...")

Noooooo-- NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

[Smile]

Try the Little Richard song, "All Around The World" instead... (heehee)

profh0011
Applicant

Let's see...

McDONALD's -- Filet-O-Fish sandwich

BURGER KING -- Bacon Double Cheeseburger; French Chicken Sandwich (DISCONTINUED after 10 years-- dammit!!!)

KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN -- Chicken (original recipe / the taste of that stuff can KNOCK your taste buds for a loop, can't it???); Fries (I LOVE the new "fat" fries-- like "steak fries" at the supermarket); mashed potatoes; macaroni & cheese; chocolate parfait desert; "Tender Roast" sandwich (DISCONTINUED, DAMMIT!!!!!)

TACO BELL -- Mexican Pizza (but be careful WHERE you go-- TB's standards vary drastically depending on area, and one TB can make terrific food while another can REGULARLY make AWFUL crap)

AMERICAN FOOD -- quarter-pound HOT DOG!!! (I usually get 2 of 'em-- at the Deptford Mall food court)

I could go on about PIZZA HUT-- where I've enjoyed a wide variety of things over the years-- but, tragically, the quality of their stuff PLUMMETTED dramatically-- in fact, progressively-- for 12 CONSECUTIVE years-- until I finally could stand it no longer. They are an example of all that's wrong with "corporate"-owned "chain" stores in America (and the world). I haven't been to one in years now.

Oh, but currently, my #1 favorite fast food-- pepperoni pizza! But this I get from a local, family-owned place, SORRENTO'S. A friend I used to work with who lives in the "Mafia" neighborhood of South Philly told me about it (it's over here in Jersey, near where we used to work), and I've been going there for around 20 years now!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.