Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Who Do You Prefer to Play Superman? (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Who Do You Prefer to Play Superman?
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Did anyone else hear about this? I read it in "Lying in the Gutters" over at comicbookresources.com:

quote:
A few months ago, when I reported on the Millar/Knowles challenge and named it as, actually, a battle between Warner Brothers and Bryan Singer respectively, I also reported a rumour about the criteria for Bryan. That the actor be gay or closeted gay (and would come out during the promotion for the movie). That this would mirror themes within the movie, the concept of living two different lives, giving the project a meta-textuality. That Bryan would give young, scared, alone gay people a hero, an icon, a strong mainstream role model of their own.

[ November 05, 2004, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well since our other Superman movie thread seems to have disappeared (even when I search it the link goes to a totally different thread) I'll post the latest news here.

Kate Bosworth and Kevin Spacey as Lois Lane and Lex Luthor, respectively. Although it might be more of a movie even if they switched roles. This movie still continues to underwhelm me.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
More casting news....

Hugh Laurie-from the Fox series House that Singer directed)- as Perry White

and Cyclops himself James Mardsen as Richard White, Lois Lane's love interest.

The articled stated that the two characters are related but no clue how they are related.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

What? Lois' love interest is someone she's related to? What is this, Appalachian Elseworld's Superman??
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
What? Lois' love interest is someone she's related to? What is this, Appalachian Elseworld's Superman??

Sorry I wasn't more clear... Perry White and Richard White would be related.... [Smile]
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually Hugh Laurie has announced, via Entertainment Weekly, that he will not be playing Perry White in the movie. Due to the popularity of his new series House (the only medical drama I watch) the cast is being brought back in for an early start to the next season. He'll be filming House through out the time he was to be filming Superman.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

And Laurie's replacement? Frank Langella. This is the most eclectic cast I have seen for a comic book movie. Singer either has an Istar/Heaven's Gate on his hands on the beginning of the next big franchise.
Lightning Lad
Founder

If MovieWeb is to be believed, this is the teaser poster for the movie.

[ April 05, 2005, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

Lightning Lad
Founder

Just found site (TheMovieBlog) that claims this poster is just fan art. Oh well. Not a bad concept at least
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know how you could top Jackie Cooper, really. I can't really picture Frank Langella belting out a good "Great Ceaser's Ghost!"
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by matlock:
I don't know how you could top Jackie Cooper, really. I can't really picture Frank Langella belting out a good "Great Ceaser's Ghost!"

Y'know, for some reason I can -- I mean the man played Skeletor and dated Whoopi Goldberg! He can do anything!
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
quote:
Originally posted by matlock:

Y'know, for some reason I can -- I mean the man played Skeletor and dated Whoopi Goldberg! He can do anything!
I still see more the image of Dracula or someone suave instead of a white-collar Perry White when I think of Langella. If he's chomping on a cigar then he has a snifter of brandy in one hand. But I will admit he does have more the stature and presence than Laurie would have had, no slight against Hugh. He was always one of my favorite Brit comedians who has been turning in a damn good dramatic role in House.
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Bummer that Laurie won't be involved, but good news that House is doing so well. One of the few shows I'm bothering to watch right now.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

The new Superman shield was revealed today. Here's a copy, suitable for your desktop:

Click for fullsize image

rtvu2
here we go again....

Not bad. I saw a red and yellow falt version somewhere on the net that I really liked... let me find the link...

http://www.development-hell.com/news_detail.php?idnews=88

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.